I'm Not Okay I Promise

Food Review Or Date?

- Nia's POV -

I went back to my room to get dressed, I looked at my cellphone and I saw a message from Ian. It said:

Nia, change of plans... we can't watch a movie tonight,
But you can come with me, I'm assigned by the school paper to check out the food at the new Yellow Cab Pizza Co. At the mall.
I'll pick you up around 6:30 pm later. : ) Ian.


I looked at my watch and I saw that it was only 4:00 in the afternoon, I thought of going to Frank's to do something with my spare time. Frank's dorm is always fun, he told me that Gee and the others are coming by this afternoon. I don't have any second thoughts, so maybe I should go.
I knocked on Frank's door and I heard laughs from the inside, Bob opened the door and I went in. As usual I was greeted by Gerard, Odessa, Melinda, Mikey, Ray, Monica and Frank, I sat on the floor next to Mikey.

"Hi everybody! anything going on here?" I asked them and they smiled.

"We're playing truth or dare." Melinda said, I gave them a smiled and they began to spin the bottle. It ended up in front of Odessa.

"Odie, truth or dare?" Gerard asked her, she said dare.

"Kiss Monica on the cheek for 2 minutes." Bob said looking at Odessa excitedly, Odie nodded and she kissed Monica's cheek until two minutes have passed. They began to spin the bottle, it ended up in front of Mikey.

"Mikes, truth or dare?" Frank looked at Mikey.

"I choose, truth." He said, Gerard went closer and he held Mikey's hands.

"Ok, questions please?" Gerard said while squeezing Mikey's hands.

"Would you rather be a Princess or a Ballerina?" I asked him, his hands began to turn red. He remained silent for a while, Gerard squeezed his hands harder and Mikey's face began to turn red.

"Ballerina!" He said and Gerard let go of his hands. He sat down and I looked at my watch. It's 6:00 already!? I stood up and they all looked at me.

"Leaving so soon?" Mikey asked.

"Yup, got to go to Yellow Cab with Ian." I said and I smiled.

"Have a good day Nia." They all said in unison except for Mikey, Mikey just waved his hands and I went outside on my way to my dorm, I sat down for a while and after a few minutes Ian came by. He grabbed my hand and we went on our way to Yellow Cab. We took a seat. a waiter came by.

"Are you the journalist from Loyola High?" The waiter asked, Ian nodded and the waiter smiled.

"I food review coming right up!" The waiter said with a smile. He left us there and we joked around.

"So, how's life?" I asked him with a smile. He smiled back.

"Great, you?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I still remember last year, you had food reviews everyday that week. You invited me to come with you and we ate all the food, on Monday my stomach hurt because of all the food we ate that day!" I said and we both started to laugh.

"Yup! You're lucky I don't have food reviews everyday!" He said and I smiled.

"Nia, the winter dance is coming up..." He said and he looked away.

"So? What do you want to tell me?" I asked him with a smile.

"Could you go to the winter dance with me?" He asked and I blushed, I didn't expect him to say that today. I actually have feelings for him too.

"Sure!" I said and the waiter came by with two large pizza boxes like this:

Image

"These are our specialties this month." The waiter said and I took a slice. I took a bite and I began to eat more.

"I love your pizzas!" I said and Ian began to eat too.

- Mikey's POV -

I looked at her sadly as she went outside, I swear that everybody saw me... they looked at me with cheesy grins, I sighed and I looked at them.

"What?" I asked them.

"We know about your "little crush Mikes!" Gerard said and they gave me a pat on the back. I sighed and I nodded, they began to smile and sing songs like: "MIkes and Nia sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!".

"Can you stop that now?" I asked them and they went all serious on me.

"Ok, follow her! Ask her out on the dance." Melinda said and I looked at the door. I stood up and I went to the door. They began to scream and shout my name. I closed the door and I went to Yellow Cab, I got there and I saw the sitting on a table with two boxes of pizza. I sat down near their table and the waiter came by.

"What is our order?" The waiter looked at me and I smiled back.

"I'd like to eat some pepperoni and cheese pizza..." In said and I glanced back at them. I stood up from my seat and I went closer to them, I went over and I said hello.

"Hi Mikey!" Nia said and I smiled back.

"Hi Mikey." Ian said and I smiled back.

"Take a seat Mikey." Nia gestured and pointed out a seat.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked them while I took a seat.

"Food Review!" They said in unison.

"Really? It might be a date?" I asked them and Nia blushed.

"Not really... I come to food reviews with Ian all the time." She said and I looked at them they went closer and Ian held her hand. I slapped Ian's hand away from Nia's. I smiled at Ian to show no hard feelings.

"Let's not get too carried away this early." I said and they smiled at me.

"Is that your seat there, the waiter might be waiting for you there." Nia said and I went on my way to my chair.

"I'll talk to you guys later." I said and they waved goodbye, I felt jealous when they held hands.
I went back to my seat and I watched them from my table.

- Nia's POV -

I'm glad that Mikey came back to his seat, he's so annoying! I like Ian, there I admit it! I took more slices of pizza and I began to eat. Ian went closer.

"How's the food?" He asked me, I smiled and I nodded.

"I love the food here!" I said and I continued to eat. After our dinner I stood up and I went back to my dorm. I looked around and I saw nothing to do, I decided to go to Frank's again. I went on my way to his dorm when I came across Mikey.

"Hi Mikey!" I said with a smile.

"Hi Nia." He said and we went to Frank's dorm, they were still playing spin the bottle. I sat down next to Frank and we continued the game.

"So Mikey, how are you and Nia?" Ray asked, trying to fix his fro.

"He's shy isn't he?" Gerard began to insult Mikey.

"Stop it Gerard! Let's continue the game." I said and they spun the bottle. Mikey looked at me with a smile and I smiled back, we played spin the bottle all night and eventually we all fell asleep on Frank's dorm. I slept next to Melinda on my left and Mikey on my right facing my face, I felt uncomfortable but eventually I fell asleep too.