I'm Not Okay I Promise

Redux!

The impact caused my head to stir, leaving me dazed on the floor with salty tears drying up on my cheeks. The floor tiles were as cold as I felt; the black and white pattern alternating as it spread across the hallway- like a chess board, nonetheless.

How ironic.

"Well, fuck. Look who's crying now," she quipped, causing a pitch-deep hole to form inside my stomach. The pain was dull, but still, there was pain.

Being sprawled across the floor never felt as good as this. I didn't want to look up into her cold stare, let alone gaze at the smirk fixated on her lips.

"Nia, I-"

"Save it," the growl in her voice was unmistakable; like a knife plunged somewhere near the heart- puncturing the most delicate of veins.

"Now if you'd please scoot your bitchy ass over, I'd like to get to Mikey." she sniped, in a tone like that of a revolted prep.

I balled my fists and pounded on the ground, which didn't yield as expected.

"Just- just listen!" I croaked in candid frustration, getting ready to latch my hands around her legs if she still resisted to listen to me.

"Then, what do you want from me now?"

Nia's left leg shuffled back, her legs slowly folding as her eyes reached mine. I could swear I saw understanding in her eyes... in those eyes I were once used to.

"I want your forgiveness," I sniffed, catching the snot on my nose with the back of my left hand. Embarrassment meant nothing to me at the moment; all that mattered was her forgiveness.

"Let me... think about it," said a voice so soft it was too far from Nia's quirky soprano. Her chucks circled around mine as she rounded around the nearest corner. I found no reason to latch onto her legs, grovelling like the low-life bitch I was.

Instead, I remained on the floor for no reason, letting a satisfied smile reside on my lips.

I'd grow onto her conscience soon enough... she'll see. . . .
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I left you all for a long time, dears. . . .

Life got ahead of me and High School (oh High School) has gotten so much in the way.
Apparently I've reread each one of my chapters here in INO and they all seem... well... suckish. (aww)

So, good news is: I'd be making a rewrite of INO and there's a new story coming up!

Bad news is: I've got a handful of writing projects this December and next year, but rest assured, you'd see a shinier INO story sometime in the future. : )

I'm really sorry for making you all wait too long. Really, I am... but I've got a few stories to write - such as a House of Night and Artemis Fowl fanfiction but well, hell. If you want to talk to me, you could visit my website and sign on the GuestBook. I'd reply to all your posts, promise. As for now... I end this crappy Author's Note.

-E/Rose. :3