I'm Not Okay I Promise

It's Harder To Tell The Truth Than To Lie

For the first two weeks, I sneaked around after Chemistry Class with Gerard. I hang out with Nia more than Elise because she was always busy that week...

I woke up and I did the same old things I do every morning, I looked over my study desk and I saw a box with a message on top of it.

It's from Elise and Nia, call us if you have anything to ask...

I opened the box and I saw a brand new cellphone inside, I opened it and I saw some cellphone numbers in it already. Nia's, Elise's, and the other preps' numbers were there. I called Nia first. She picked up her phone and we began to talk.

"Hi Nia! Thanks for the cellphone!" I said and I looked at my watch.

"You're welcome Terri! I picked out the model for you..." she said and it made me smile.

"Nia, can you visit me here in my room?" I asked her as I thought about yesterday.

"Sure, I'll be there after five minutes." she said and she hung up the phone. I waited for her as I dressed up in a T-Shirt and black pants, since it's a Sunday. She came in a few minutes later and she sat on my bed.

"What is it you wanted to tell me?" She asked me in a polite way.

"Can you keep secrets?" I asked her. She nodded, I closed the door and I went back to what I was about to say.

"Say it?" She said. "Say it! and don't lie!" She said and I began to get nervous.

"I like Gerard!" I said and I held my breath, waiting for her response.

"Really?! It's ok Terri! I admit, he's actually kind of hot." She said and I felt relieved. She gave me a pat on the back, and I hugged her.

"Please don't tell Elise, I know it's against our nature as preps and-" She shushed me and she began to speak.

"I don't tell secrets I know Terri, so how do you feel about him, friend, crush or love?" She asked me excitedly waiting for my answer.

"I'm in love with him!" I shouted out, and she began to jump around my room, screaming. I stood up to calm her down. Our talk came back to a serious conversation as we talked about labels like jocks and outcast.

"Which would you rather be, a smelly jock or a normal outcast who is only rejected?" I asked her.

"I prefer outcasts, speaking of jocks... What will you do? Brad likes you." She said in a sad face.

"Why were you excited about him liking me the other day?" I asked her and she sat on my chair.

"I need to pretend, preps are supposed to be with the "in" crowd, I actually think that you and Gerard are perfect together." She said and I smiled.

"So you mean that I have to pretend to like Brad to stay a prep?" I asked with one eyebrow up. She nodded and I stared at her in disbelief.

"No! I won't pretend to like that perv! If he does any funny business I don't care about my reputation as a prep! I'll join the outcasts like Gerard!" I said and she agreed.

"Is he really a perv?!" Nia asked me.

"He tried to rape me on my first day here!" I shouted out, and she calmed me down.

"I'm starting to hate him too, I want to meet Gerard and the others!" Nia said with a smile.

"They think you're a pure prep!" I said and she shook her head.

"Please?" She asked me with the ''puppy dog look''.

"Please Terri?" She said, and I nodded.

"But do not tell anyone about my feelings for Gerard, especially him!" I said out and she began to run around like she had a sugar rush.

"I promise!" We shook hands making sure that we understand each other about not telling anyone.

"Let's have a swim!" I said as I took my bikini out. She nodded in agreement and we came into her room. She took her bikini and we went to the pool where Gerard and I swam on my first week here. We went to the pool for a swim, it was a surprise to see Gerard there. As there were not much people around. He was with Frank, Ray, Bob, and Mikey. Nia waved hello and they waved back. We swam to their corner and I introduced Nia to the others.

"Hi Nia! I'm Frank!" Frank said with a smile.

"I'm Ray!" Ray said as he looked around the pool area.

"I'm Mikey!" Mikey said as I saw that he truly likes Nia.

"I'm Bob!" Bob said and he dove in to the pool.

"I'm Gerard!" Gerard and Nia shook hands and we all went for a swim. As usual, Gerard is holding on to me tightly to prevent himself from drowning.

"Why are you holding on to Terri?" Bob asked.

"Because I want to!" He said and I giggled.

"So how about My Chemical Romance?" I asked.

"What's My Chemical Romance?" Nia asked and Gerard looked at her and he smiled.

"It's a band the five of us want to make." Mikey said and he swam around looking at Nia.

"I want to hear your band play sometime, Invite us ok?" I said and Gerard gave ma a nod.

"Sure, on the Christmas Vacation, you can come over to our house..." Gerard said.

"Where do you live anyway?" I asked Gerard.

"New Jersey." He said and he held on to my hips.

"I don't know where I'll stay on my Christmas Break..." I said and I frowned.

"Don't worry, spend your break with my family, we have extra rooms and we can fly to New Jersey." Nia said and I smiled.

"I forgot, you're rich!" I chuckled and she looked at me with a smile.

"Besides, you can't stay with Gerard, he might kill you on your break!" She laughed and Gerard looked at me.

"I was planning on making her stay with us until you said that!" Gerard said and we all began to laugh. A few minutes later, Nia and I got out of the pool and we made our way to the changing booth. we went outside a few minutes later.

"It's fun hanging out with you guys!" Nia said.

"You're leaving already!" Mikey said in shock.

"Yup! It's 7:00 pm already, we're going to eat dinner." I said and I said goodbye to the five of them.

"Bye guys!" Nia said and we went to the campus restaurant. I ate some lasagna and Nia ate some pasta.

"So did you like hanging out with them?" I asked.

"Definitely! I'll come too if you hang out with them again!" She said as she ate her food.

"We should call Elise to say hello!" I said and I took out my new phone. We called Elise.

"Hi Elise! How's your trip to London?" We asked in unison.

"It's pretty lonely but I'm enjoying all the shopping... I'll bring you some stuff when I get back." she said and we heard her laugh.

"Sure! Thanks Elise!" Nia said and we laughed.

"Thank you Elise!" I said and we ate some of our food.

"Got to go now, bye!" Elise hung up the phone and we finished our food. We said goodnight to each other, we went back to our rooms and I dressed up in my PJ's and I made sure that I locked the door. I did my homework and I drifted off to sleep.