Sequel: From This Moment On
Status: Done!

Prisoners in Lust

I'll Run

I can hear it in your voice, you care
Let me run my fingers through your hair
I'll keep you company at night
And baby I'm here to make this right
(Because) sometimes baby you fall on your back
But girl you're three times the lady I'll ever have
And you know, you know it's true
This is a fight I refuse to lose


“Dillon said he’s going to miss watching Jonas L.A. with you.” Zach was walking out from the bathroom looking down at his phone. Dillon had just texting him one last thing to tell me. All of them were doing this all night long. Zach looked up to find me sitting on the bed, one leg bent, hair in a bun, glasses on, book in hand, and in nothing but my strapless bra and under wear. It was way too hot and I didn’t care.

“Tell him I said same.” I looked up from my book to find Zach standing there with his mouth open. “Zach?”

“Oh sorry.” He shook his head still looking wide eyed at me. I have no idea why he is so shocked.

“Zach, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He started looking around the room.

“Are you sure about that?” I laughed putting my book on the night stand.

“Yeah, just um…” he was unsure of himself. “Why are you in your bra and underwear?”

“It’s hot. But I was just about to put cloth on.”

“No, don’t!” He didn’t hesitate at all. “I mean, I’ve never seen you look so sexy. You sitting there like that it is definitely turning me on.”

“Well that’s just what I was aiming for.” I joked with him.

“I hope so.” He crawled onto the bed leaning over me. “I’ve never seen you in your glasses before. I never even knew you had a pair.”

“It’s for my secret identity.” I winked wrapping me arms around his neck.

“God I love you.” He looked down my body again and then back up at my eyes. I just laughed.

“I’m glad you love me for my body.”

“You know I love you for who you are.” He leaned down to kiss me.

“I know.”

Zach started kissing my neck. This boy knew how to make my heart race.

“I’m going to miss you like hell.”

“I’m going to miss you too Zach.” I grabbed his face and kissed his nose.

That night Zach and I did have sex. It was us saying bye to each other. This summer was just what I needed. I had to get out of Jersey and be around the people that made me the happiest. Zach is the perfect guy for me and I’m sure of it. If he asked me to run away with him I would do it in a heartbeat. I never want to lose him. I was honestly going to miss him sleeping next to me the most. I can see his smile in a picture or when we video chat. I can hear his voice on the phone or in a song. His eyes are always in my memory but his embrace is the one thing that I can’t have if he’s across the country. I’ll miss the way he plays with my hair as we lay in bed all cuddled up. His warm breath on the back of my neck. I’ll miss him rubbing my back for me when it hurts. I’ll miss when he would draw on me with the sharpies after meet and greets. How he used to draw circles in the palm of my hand as we whispered in the middle of the night while driving in the van. Our long walks around the venue’s just to get some alone time. His hand in mine as he showed me off to the world. I’ll miss waking up to his little notes on the night stand and all the good times we had with the guys. I was not ready to go home. Only if I could stay out in California forever.

“It’s not fair.” Zach whispered. I was half asleep and didn’t answer so he guessed that I was asleep and just kept talking to himself. “It’s not fair how two people can be so in love but live on two different sides of the country. God hates me.”

“God must hate us both.” I said in my head still to unconscious to respond.

“I’m going to ask you to marry me the second you graduate.” Zach kissed right behind my ear. Did he just say what I thought he said? I have to wake up right now! No, alright then. I guess then I’m just going to have to pretend it was all a dream. Please tell me that was all a dream. I don’t want to know when he’s going to ask me to marry him, if he does. I don’t want to know and have to wait for the day. I don’t want to get my hope high either. But after that I fell asleep fully and so did Zach. Could life throw any more curve balls at me right now? I’m only 17 years old! How am I supposed to deal with all this! It’s way too much right now, but I know I got a good thing going.