Status: This is something my friend (samusdorothydarby) and I are writing and it's weird but cute. So enjoy!

Love Among the Pizza Boxes

Chapter 105: Shayla

The rain has let down some and we’re making the drive back to town, though I’m not quite sure where it is and I’m fairly certain that Riku doesn’t either.
So, I just stare out the window, thinking and tracing little faces in foggy glass. I start remembering all that’s happened in the past month. It’s only been a month, but it feels like years. Not in the bad way, but in the sense that I’ve found someone my soul’s known for a long time.
It’s funny really, the way time passes. It’s been a month and it’s felt like years and seconds and minutes and… time. And now here we are. I am in love with a boy named Riku who works at the Pizza Hut. I met him when he was sleep deprived and delivering pizza to me—pepperoni and olive. But he didn’t like the olives. He told me he loved me and it was one of the best nights of my life even though the swimming pool ate my bathing suit. And we almost kissed for the first time at that ice cream place—Destiny Ice Cream. Cheesy name, right? We shared paupu ice cream and now are destinies are forever intertwined. I didn’t believe it then, but I believe it now. I hope my forever is with him. Forever may seem like a big commitment, but y’know, I don’t think I would mind spending forever with Riku. Heck, maybe even forever and a half.
I kinda sigh and cast a glance at Riku, his hands on the steering wheel, looking intent on his driving. A small part of me wants to throw a pen at him, to get his attention for no reason.
But it’s like he knows what I’m thinking and he looks over at me with a smile. I smile back and then somehow our hands have come to settle together on the center console.
Then I remember what Riku told me about his parents, how they used to hold hands in the car and it made him think about how much they loved each other. I wonder if he thinks that when we hold hands, cause I kinda do every time.
I look back to the window and see that we’re passing the place where we went out dancing.
Ah, dancing.
Fun times.
I smirk a little and drop my chin ‘cause I’m kind of blushing.
Fun times after the dance too.
Woo.
Which leads me to the observatory.
Shirts flying all over the place.
Good times to be had.
I pop my lips, embarrassing myself even further.
Oh. Embarrassment.
Riku’s virginity and Riku’s Virginity.
I remember when we were looking for Ginny and then we both found out that Riku’s Chihuahua stood for his virtue.
I wonder will happen when I take that…
Will that mean that the dog’s mine?

What?

WHAT?!
Shayla!
Stop that.
Oh, you know it’s yours for the taking.
Shut up, Shayla.

Yeah.
Um…
“Hey, Riku?” I pipe up.
“Hmm?” He looks over at me, curious.
“I love you… I mean, I really, really, really, really like you.”
Riku smiles that crooked smile of his, a knowing gleam in his eyes, as he remembers. “I love you too… I mean, I really, really, really, really like you too.”
I smile to myself and look down at my lap and then at our hands and then back to Riku. “Hey, you remember elevatoring?”
He chuckles. “And freaking out Gary the doorman? Yeah, I remember. I also remember finding out just how ticklish your tongue is.”
I giggle a little and then get all serious. “Don’t make fun.”

“Oh my God, infomercials!”
“And pineapples!”
Exclamation marks!!!
“How could we forget? Oh, and then the escapade with Zermine and Wakka… Chili’s is no longer family friendly.”
“Aw, god.” Riku wrinkles his nose. “That was awful… Oh! By the way, I have something to tell you.”
“You’re pregnant,” I say in all seriousness, peering up at him as though I am peering over a pair of spectacles.
“Yes. It’s Ginny’s. No – I got promoted. Like, big time. My dad retired, so I now own Pizza Hut. Er… I own that specific Pizza Hut.”
“…Pull over right now. I’m about to make sweet monkey love to you, you sexy business owner man.”
Again. Serious.
“A – are you serious?”
“Yes. I’m gonna ride you like a cowboy.”
I take a noisy breath in through my nose and hold it.
Riku turns on his turn signal, looking just the slightest bit skeptical.
I push the breath I’ve been holding out, quite noisily.
You’re such a boy.
“Hold it there, cowboy,” I say, lean over, flicking the switch back into place.
“Well, you said – “
But he doesn’t finish his sentence.
“Yeah. We’ll save that for a later date. I am a lady of fine breeding and at the very least I expect rose petals and Frank Sinatra.” I smile.
Riku laughs aloud. “Alright, I’ll have to remember that.”
I let out a little snort, chuckle thing. “Yeah. You do that.”
Oh, hey look. It’s Riku’s apartment building.
…”Do you mind if I stay?” I ask.
“What, tonight?” he asks back. “Of course you mean tonight. You don’t mean yesterday. Of course you can.”
Hooray!
“Great… I’ll be needing those boxers again.”
He smiles crookedly again.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Almost over... One more to go... You sad yet? Because we are.

Commeeeeeeent! ^____^ Pwease?