Status: This is something my friend (samusdorothydarby) and I are writing and it's weird but cute. So enjoy!

Love Among the Pizza Boxes

Chapter 12: Shayla

It’s late and I’m leaving the Observatory.
I thought about ordering pizza again.
But I decided not to.
I don’t think Pizza dude wants to see me again.
I walk out to my car and see the silhouette of a man.
“Hey baby.”
“Don’t call me that Lance.”
He appears out of the dark and smirks.
My heart seizes up and then starts pumping harder.
He looks down on me and tilts his head to the side. Runs his slimy little tongue across his lips.
“You know you like it.”
“No. Lance. No I don’t.”
-God I’m so scared-
He starts to slink forward, his hands reaching out, the fingers meaning to grab at the buttons on my clothes.
I refuse.
I start to gather my breath so that I might scream so someone could maybe hear me.
Don’t let him get me.
He’s so close now and I don’t think I could scream if I wanted to.
“Hey, baby,” a voice says from behind me. A hand holds mine. “This guy giving you trouble?”
Who the hell is holding my hand?
He leans down to whisper in my ear, “Just go along with it.”
“Pizza hut…” I murmur and my eyes widen slightly. “Hey.” I force myself to smile.
I breathe out audibly.
Thank you.
So, with slowly regaining confidence I glare at Lance.
God, he’s such a douche.
Why did I believe anything he ever told me?
Anything he ever said?
Riku acknowledges the douche with a single, curt nod. “Who’s this guy?”
“No one,” I hum. Lance hates not being recognized as some important figure.
What. A. Douche.
I know what he is- A super-douche.
Lance took up an aggressive pose where he puffs out his chest and then snarls, “Shayla… Who’s this pansy?”
It’s funny because Lance is like- oh… 5’9’’? Maybe?
And then Pizza Hut’s like 6’2’’. Hmmm…
Riku just laughs. Laughs at how stupid Lance looks. He sobers up and glares down at Lance, towering over the little pansy douche bag.
“I don’t know who the hell you are… But you best leave Shayla alone.” He sounded almost demonic. “I have connections to the Mafia, you know.”
Lance kinda snorts, but his eyes show a glint of fear.
“Lance. Leave. Go home. Don’t bother me and my… boyfriend.” Hopefully he didn’t notice the pause.
Man this is weird. Though I kind of like the thought of having a big, hot, buff, protective boyfriend…
Shut up, Shayla.
Riku glares down at Lance again for a little while. “Well?” he says, raising his eyebrows.
Lance glares back, flips him the bird and stalks off. My eyebrows raise too.
Wow.
What a child.
It’s amazing that I once thought he was mature.
I think it was probably because he’s eight years older than me.
Yeah. That’s it.
“So… Seriously. Who is he?”
“That would be Lance. He’s my ex-boyfriend. But I never officially broke up with him… I’m bad with that kind of stuff.” I shrug and then notice that Riku’s still holding my hand. It’s a nice hand. A big hand. I hope he doesn’t stop.
Whoa.
Hold the phone.
He’s practically a stranger.
Oh. Crap.
I’m blushing now.
Riku laughs. And doesn’t let go of my hand. It’s like he knows.
Man.
He’s cute.
“Thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Count how many times the word 'douche' is used.