Status: This is something my friend (samusdorothydarby) and I are writing and it's weird but cute. So enjoy!

Love Among the Pizza Boxes

Chapter 29: Riku and Shayla

Angst. In. The. Bathtub.
I’m thinking about last night.
Last night Riku walked me home, it was nice walk. We didn’t talk much but it felt like we’d said a lot. I don’t know why. It just worked out that way.
But after we got to my door… I chickened out. I had decided after Sora… Damn that little weasel to the fiery armpits of the devil… interrupted us that I would kiss Riku that night. But I didn’t. And neither did he.
We just stood there like a coupla sexually frustrated teenagers, sneaking glances at each other’s lips. And yet.
Riku didn’t do it. And I certainly didn’t do it.
And now I feel like I just missed out on something really good. Yeah.
I know, I’m stupid.
But now I keep thinking about him. And how sweet he is. And utterly irrational and just so… him. And how I want to see him again. And soon. Preferably today. And soon soon soon.
I realize that ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ by Elvis is playing on my little radio.
And so I can’t help thinking about Riku and how nice his lips would feel against mine.

Dial tone.
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.
Ri – “Hello?”
Calm yourself, Riku. No need to completely explode…
“What the hell, Sora?”
Puzzled silence on the other end.
“I was in the middle of something yesterday. You couldn’t’ve waited another minute before you had to come over and completely ruin everything?”
“Riku, what are you talking about?”
“The ice cream place, that’s what. You broke a Guy Code rule. How could you do something like that to me? You’re my best friend, you aren’t supposed to do things like that to me. It’s just not what you’re supposed to do. It’s in the Guy Code.”
“Guy Code?” Sora sounded confused.
I roll my eyes and hang up on him.
You suck, Sora. You suck and I hate you.

“Hi Mama,” I say, kinda regretting it. I love my mom, but she’s an idiot. She called me yesterday during my date but my phone was off. She called at home a few times too and left multiple messages about how she was so worried about me.
“Hi!” she shouts into the phone. Mom is under the impression that I won’t hear her if she doesn’t yell.
“How are you?” I ask politely.
“Oh. I’m great. It’s just a surprise that you called me is all. How are you?”
Surprise? You called me last night.
“Fine. Had a date last night.”
Completely disregarding what I just said she says, “Have you found yourself a good man yet? You over that… Nance fellow?”
“Sure, mom.” I sigh inwardly. Good lord, woman.
“Oh. Great. You gotta go find yourself a good one though. A girl needs to be taken care of. I don’t see how you can manage without one… Speaking of men. My man needs himself a sandwich. Goodbye hun.” She hangs up.
Pretty much all our conversations work like this. She does all the talking and I just respond appropriately.
But that’s just okay with me because I really don’t have anything in common with mommy dearest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ringidy ding ding, y'all. Collective chapter! Woot! So my co-writer and I were just on vacation and we wrote about 300 pages after this. A whopping THREE HUNDRED! Woo hoo! So. Tons of updates coming soon.