Status: Hiatus

Livin' off the Party Scene

Maybe, Baby

As Kara made her way back over to My Girl Friday’s van, Godsey met her half way. “Sorry for flipping on you earlier.” He apologized once he was standing right in front of her.

She shook it off, “No, it’s okay.”

“I’ll take you home now.” He offered trying to gain himself brownie points back onto Kara’s good side.

“It’s the last set, let’s stay.” She insisted with a small smile that Justin always loves to see upon her face.

He looked at her confused, and then decided it was best to ask, “You sure?”

“Yeah.” She nodded and then took Godsey by the hand and led him towards the stage where The Maine was almost ready to being their set.

They began their set with If I Only Had The Heart, followed by their Akon cover, I Wanna Love You. As he sang, John searched the crowd, finding Kara standing right in front of him smack dab in the middle of the pit with Godsey at her side, still holding onto her hand. She looked up at John and was met with his green eyes on hers, she felt her cheeks turn red with natural blush and butterflies quickly grow in her stomach. There was something about John that made her want to be here, stay here, fit in with the musicians who spend their evenings here. She just couldn’t figure out why, though.

As all the musicians and others who were in the pit watching The Maine play started to disperse back to their vans Godsey turned to her, finally dropping her hand and asking, “We have to go pack up, you coming?” he pointed back behind his towards their van.

Kara thought for a moment. She didn’t really want to stand there awkwardly and watch the guys pack everything back up, and she secretly wanted to get away from her over-protected friend. “Um, I’ll be over in a few.” She decided as she saw John jump down from off of the stage out of the corner of her eye.

“Okay.” Justin replied a little iffy, but let it slide at that, and then leaving to help the rest of his band pack up their instruments.

Not minutes after Justin left did Kara heard a suave familiar voice coming from behind her, “So, Lady Kara, what’d you think?” he asked.

Kara turned around, already knowing it was John who started the conversation. “Honestly?” she challenged.

He looked at her with wide eyes, “Are we that bad?”

“You have an amazing voice.” She told him, purposely ignoring his question.

He didn’t let her off the hook that easily. “Why thank you, but are we bad?” he asked again.

She smirked at his persistence, “What do you think?”

“I think that we’re amazing and that you’re going to come back next week and chill with us.” He updated her to what was going through his mind at the current moment.

She crossed her arms insecurely over her chest and retorted confidently, “Oh am I?”

“You are.” He confirmed.

“We’ll see about that.” She replied, walking past John and over to her friends to “help” them pack up their vans.
_________________________________________________________________________

Sitting in study hall ninth period the next Friday Kara, Godsey, and Logan where sitting at their desks chatting. “What are you doing tonight?” Kara asked Justin.

“I was going to go hang at 8123, but if you want to do something, then I don’t have to go, we aren’t playing tonight anyway.” He informed her lengthily, trying all he could to include her in his evening, even if it meant failing to keep a previous promise.

“No, no. it’s fine.” She assured him, waving her hand. “You don’t have to change your plans for me.”

He questioned, “You sure?”

“Yeah.” she replied, and he looked at her, inspecting. “What?” she asked him, feeling a little jumpy at his glares.

Godsey scrutinized her, “What’s with that face?”

“What face?” she asked totally unaware at the fact that she was making an expression of something other than her norm.

“The one over there.” Logan joked as he pointed towards the chalkboard.

Justin ignored his childish joke. “That face.” He said as he pointed at Kara, his index finger centimeters away from her nose. “Do you want to come with us tonight?” He asked her to be nice, not expecting her to say yes.

“Maybe…” she whispered out, looking down at the old linoleum floor.

He knew very well that when she got quiet and didn’t look at you, that meant that she was admitting to something embarrassing. “You do!” he exclaimed. “I knew you’d like it there, you just had to give it a chance.” He reminded her.

“I’m giving it a chance, okay.” She told him. “I’m not fully cool with it, but I’m trying to love it, because you do.” Kara added on.

“Thanks, Kar.” Godsey thanked his best friend sincerely, adding, “You’re the best.”

“Hey, I thought I was!” Logan exclaimed, glaring daggers at Justin.

“Oh don’t worry Logan, Justin always raves about how you’re the best,” she started to say and then stalled before releasing her closing line, “in bed.” The three of them chuckled.

Logan grinned and applauded her, “And this is why I like having you around, Kara.”

Justin added to Kara’s joke, “Now if only he could put that skill into his guitar playing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I suck (at updating and writing).

Title Credit: Gabriel The Marine
This is my friend's brother's band, check them out!

Please Comment, I need help with writing this.

xoxo,
Dom