Enthused

13

was finally summer. Anne and Garrett graduated high school. Blink had found a band that would take them on tour with them. They had a couple songs they could play and their first demo tape. It was called flyswatter. I don't really get the name.

It was the week before Blink went on tour. I was spending all of it with Tom. I was going to miss him so much when he went on tour. I couldn't go because they had already promised the extra space to Jen. That infuriated me. I shouldn't hate her, but I did. I can't help it. I hate her.

Tom was acting really strange. All day he didn't even touch me or to talk to me. Later he pulled me outside. "We need to talk," He said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"Dahl, I'm breaking up with you," He said quickly.

"What?!" I whimpered.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled before running back into my house. I stood there shocked. I ran into my room packed all the shit I would need and left a note for my mom. I told her I would be staying at my dad's house. I walked/ran there as fast as I could. I barged in on him watching TV.

"Dahlia?" He asked.

"Daddy!" I said breaking down and running into his arms. I just cried. I didn't talk at all. Tom and I have been only going out for a little bit over a month. I couldn't believe he was breaking up with me. What did I do wrong?

"Dahlia, are you okay?" He asked when I finally stopped crying.

"Could I stay here for a bit?" I asked.

"Sure, of course. I would love to have you stay here!" He said.

"Thanks, Daddy," I said walking into the spare room he had in his apartment. I laid my bag on the bed and cried for a little bit longer. I didn't know what I was going to do with myself.

For two months I stayed at my dad's house. I only called Erica, to tell her what happened, and so I didn't always die of boredom. When ever she asked to hang out, I would just invite her over. Poway reminded me of Tom, and I didn't want to go back there. I never left the apartment. I was a depressed mess.

One day my dad came into what was now my room. "Dahlia, your mother is on the phone," He said. She called occasionally.

I rolled out of bed and went to the phone, "Hello," I said.

"Dahlia, I need to talk to you," She said.

"Obviously, that is why you called," I muttered sarcastically.

She sighed then said, "Mark would really like for you to come to their home show, just friends and family."

"No," I said immediately.

"Sweetie, you have to leave that apartment sometime! Besides, Mark has someone for you to meet. And you don't even have to talk to Tom." She explained.

The name still stung, "Who?" I asked.

"He didn't want me to tell you. It will make you very happy though."

"If I go, I won't stay long. I will watch the show, meet the person, then leave." I said.

"Oh, I'm so happy, pumpkin!" She exclaimed.

"If I go!" I shouted into the receiver, "When is the show?"

"Tuesday," My mom said.

"Okay, well I still have three days to think about it," I said.

"Please come! I miss you so much," My mom confessed.

"What ever," I said and hung up. I didn't want her to guilt me into going. I would go though. I secretly wanted to see Tom. I still loved him, although I would never admit it to anyone.

Tuesday came, and Erica came to my apartment and dragged me out. I was wearing shorts and an over sized black sweat shirt. It was raining so it was chilly out. I probably looked like shit. She pulled me into Garrett's van.

"Hey, Dahl," Anne said and hugged me.

"Hi," I said sullenly and gave her a lame hug. I didn't want to go. I was going to make that as obvious as possible.

We arrived to a small bar and the band was setting up. I didn't see Scott though. The drummer was different. It was a short, skinny guy with a bunch of tattoos. He had black spikey hair and looked way better than Scott. He was actually really good looking.

"Dahlia!" I heard my mom shout. She embraced me into a tight hug.

"Hi," I said barely hugging back.

"Hey, guys!" Mark said into his microphone, "We just got back from our first tour and I'm so glad to be back!"

"Yeah, we have not showered in days!" Tom joked. Everyone laughed. I just felt a sharp pain in my heart. I fucking missed him!

"Yeah, his girlfriend won't kiss him!" Mark said. GIRLFRIEND! GIRLFRIEND! WHO?! I started to leave, but Dylan and Garret grabbed me and made me stay. They played a bunch of familiar songs and at the end Mark came up to me.

"Dahl, I missed you!" Mark said. I ignored him. "What's wrong?" He asked. I glared at him. "Oh shit... Dahl, just get over it."

"Who did you want me to meet so I can do it and leave. And never talk to you again," I added coldly. He ignored the last statement.

"Travis, Jill, come here!" He shouted. The drummer with tattoos and a girl with light brown hair and brown eyes came over. "Dahl, Scott's parents made him go to rehab.This is our new drummer, Travis. This is his girlfriend Jill."

"Hi," I mumbled not really looking at them.

"Hey," Travis said.

"What's up your ass?" Jill said forwardly.

"Excuse me?" I said to her.

"I'm going out of this smokey bar and getting some fresh air. If you would like to tell me why the fuck you are acting so rude to me and my boyfriend, I will be outside." Jill said and left. I decided maybe, I should tell her. She was acting like a bitch herself and I had to set her straight. I went outside the story came pouring out of me and I ended up in tears by the end.

"His girlfriend is Jen... Mad ugly," Jill said, "You know what you gotta do? Fight her. I'll help," Jill smiled deviously at the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was kind of a long wait. Sorry I've been busy drawing and with xc practice. I haven't been on my computer in such a long time. Okay well enjoy!