Enthused

14

"How will fighting her help?" I asked.

"If you want Tom, you have to fight for him!" Jill shouted.

"If he wants to be with Jen he can," I sighed.

"Just care about what you want..." Jill said.

"Twisted way of thinking about things," I told her.

"Why did he suddenly want to be with Jen... It doesn't make sense," Jill said thinking.

"Who the fuck knows. I still can't believe he's with her," I said.

"Ask him why," Jill said.

"No," I said immediately and dragging out the o.

"Why?" Jill asked.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Here you go again acting all rude," Jill said rolling her eyes.

She wasn't helping so I went inside to find Erica. She was socializing with the band. Jen wasn't around Tom though. That was weird. I was always around Tom when he was my boyfriend. I was afraid of loosing him. I lost him though, so I guess it didn't help. I wasn't sure if I should go up to them or not. I mean talking to Erica and Travis was fine. I didn't even know Travis so he was completely innocent. Which gave me an idea. I walked up behind the band. I was thankful to be short for once in my life. I tapped Travis on the shoulder and motioned for him to come with me. He obeyed.

"Um... hi," I said.

"Hey," Travis replied.

"Jen was on tour with you..." I said.

"Yeah..." Travis said looking confused.

"Did she spend a lot of time with her boyfriend?" I asked.

"Not a lot of time... but she was around sometimes. Are you friends with her?" He asked at the end.

"Not even close... I hate her," I admitted to him.

"Okay, well then I'll let you in on this. She really creeps me out! When ever she's around she barely talks and only looks at Tom. At first I thought she just had something against me, but if you hate her too maybe she is just weird," Travis explained. What the hell? Why was she all weird suddenly...?

"She was normal when I first met her..." I said.

"Weird. I don't know if she is here tonight. I hope not. She's a fucking freak," Travis said, "What the fuck does Tom see in her."

"No clue," I whimpered.

"What's wrong?" Travis said suddenly looking uncomfortable. This random girl was about to cry in front of him, so I don't blame him.

"I'm his ex girlfriend..." I sighed.

"What the fuck? How did he go from you to that class A weirdo..." Travis said.

"Thanks," I laughed.

"Is that how you know the band?" Travis asked.

"No, I'm Mark's sister," I explained.

"Oh. That really fucking sucks because it doesn't seem that you're over Tom at all... and he is like your brother's best friend." Travis said.

"Yeah, I don't live with my brother anymore. Why doesn't it seem like I'm over him yet?" I asked. Travis didn't need to know I didn't live with Mark because of Tom.

"Because, you were about to cry before, you won't even say his name, and you keep glancing over there sadly," Travis explained.

"We broke up the week before he went on tour. We only went out for a month, but I really liked him," I told him, "I'm over him though," I lied.

"No, you're not," Travis said.

"Travis!" Jill shouted and hugged Travis from behind. Not her again... I walked away before she could talk to me. I was just walking around awkwardly now. Erica was still with Mark and Tom. There was no way I could go over there. I really wanted to go home though, and she was gonna stay over because this night would be really hard just after seeing Tom again. I walked over anyway.

"Hi," I said resting my head on her shoulder. I looked at Tom to see if he would say anything. He just looked nervous... probably more of scared, and walked away quickly. "What the fuck. He broke up with me..."

"I know," Erica hugged me, "I'll talk to him!" Erica said before running to the direction he went in.

"Wait!" I said, but she was already gone. Fuck, I wanted to go home. This party wasn't fun for me.

"Dahl..." Mark started.

"I'm not talking to you!" I yelled before walking away. He just followed me and called my name. I went outside and sat on the wet curb. He didn't follow me outside, luckily. I just sat there with my hood up and my head on my knees in fetal position... but sitting. I don't know how long I sat there. I was in too deep of thought. Eventually I heard someone sit down next to me. A flicker of hope told me it was Tom. I looked over and it was Erica.

"Hey," She said, "Mark said you would be out here..."

"Yup..." I said.

"I talked to Tom," She told me.

"And?" I asked.

"Well. I don't want to tell you the story now. I will when we get home..." Erica said. I knew it was bad because of that... I just cried and she hugged me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I have something interesting for those of you who are not into today's music. Y'know like that pop shit on the radio and fuse. Okay, well apparently sixties music like completely fucks you up. Like, if you play the shit backwards there are things that you could hear things that are like satanic and just vulgar, messed up shit. So basically, if you listen to a Beatles song backwards, you will hear shit about worshiping Satan, rape, addiction, and horrible things. Well I tried that, and besides the stuff about 'Paul being dead' I heard absolutely nothing. But then, I thought it would be interesting to listen to some of today's music backwards. I heard a lot of messed up shit. Like in Lady Gaga's songs, just those kinds of artists.

So, getting to the point, I did it with a Blink-182 song. You could do it too, Anthem pt II. I actually did hear some bad things. Nothing horrible, but throughout the song you could, clear as day, hear 'lose weight'. And I did hear something that sounded like 'predators hang me' but I decided to ignore that. So ANYWAY when we listen to music consciously we hear it forwards BUT subconsciously we hear it BACKWARDS. So when messages like this are put into songs, our brain registers it. And the funny part is... when I became obsessed with blink I did lose a lot of weight. Is it a coincidence that that was in the song backwards? Or maybe not. Lol, I just thought that was very interesting. Think about it though.

That was a little weird to put in the author's note. Anyway, um enjoy. Hmmm why is Tom acting so weird? And why isn't Jen there? Well, you will find out very soon!