Enthused

3

"Excuse me Dahl," Anne's boyfriend said as he barged. I swung around to look at him. He didn't even look back. There was no need for him to act rude.

"Garrett?" My mom said to Anne's boyfriend. I never call him Garrett. I just call him Anne's boyfriend. We never actually had a one on one conversation, so I felt weird calling him Garrett. I'm not sure why, I just always did.

"So, what's going on? How's Mark? Where's Anne?" Garrett looked overwhelmed and nervous.

"Relax, Garrett," My mom said soothingly, "I know this wasn't your fault. Don't be so nervous. Mark did some damage to his heels and ankles. He is in his room. Anne might be sleeping. She didn't come out of her room yet."

"Thanks Mrs. Hoppus. I just feel this is my fault some how. I should of been the responsible one." Garrett said taking a seat at the table. I walked over too and sat across from him.

"No, Mark is old enough to take care of himself. And I'm soon to be Ms. Weirns." My mom complained.

"Ma, you're really gonna divorce dad?" I asked cautiously.

"I'm truly thinking about it."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Ms.... um?" Garrett started to say.

"You can just call me Carri." My mom smiled at Garrett.

"Alright," He nodded.

"Good Morning." Anne said with a big smile on her pretty face. She was a lot better looking than me. I have a pointy face and she has a flat face. Her hair was wavy and had body to it, mine is flat and life-less. Her eyes are a pretty shade of blue and mine are dull brown. She was tall and I'm short. It just ultimately sucks being the less better looking sister.

"Morning precious," Garrett said getting up to hug her. She smiled and pecked him on the lips. Then she looked at me and gave me a dirty look.

"Dahl, put some clothes on." She snarled.

"Why?" I gave her a death glare.

"We might have company coming. You know, people to see Mark." She rolled her eyes when she spoke.

"Like who?" I asked trying to out smart her.

"The people from last night!" She obviously didn't like how I tried to out smart her.

"Cool," I left the table annoyed. I hate how I get into fights with my sister. I can't help it. Usually Mark would be there and we wouldn't fight. He would stop the fighting.

I slammed my door and walked over the my dresser. I put on a form fitting gray t-shirt (just in case) and a pair of jeans. I got on my converse and tied the laces as tight as possible. I looked okay. Not as pretty as Anne, but maybe enough for Tom to think I was good looking. I sat at my desk and brushed the knots out of my hair. I fixed my part to the middle of my head and made sure it was straight. I decided I couldn't look any better than this and decided to go face the people in the living room: My mom, sister, and Garrett. I had to try to be respectful. It's hard without Mark to take the heat for things.

"Dahl, have breakfast." My mom scolded me.

"Why?" I asked.

"So you can function the rest of the day." My mom looked surprised I would ask something like that. She doesn't realize that I can't eat. What if they come when I'm eating? I'll look like a fatty. That would be horrible.

"Alright." I walked into the kitchen and just sat in there. She would never know that I'm not eating. My stomach growled. I was hungry, but I couldn't bring myself to eat. I really couldn't. Even if they weren't coming, I don't think I'd be able to. This was so confusing. I did a couple crosswords puzzles before my mom yelled that company was here. I walked in cautious of how I looked while I walked. There was Tom and his friends.

"Dahl, wipe that look off your face," Anne said harshly.

"What?" I said absolutely dumbfounded.

"You're smirking like you just did something. What did you do?" Anne asked. I was so confused. Anne never acts this hostile. I don't get what her problem was.

"Anne. Relax. Don't take your anger out of Dahl." Garret rubber her shoulders. The boys just stood there awkwardly.

"Um. So where's Mark?" Scott said after a minute or two.

"Dahl, show them where Mark is. Anne and I need to talk about a few things," My mom said. I just walked to where Mark's room was and the went in. Tom stopped before he went in. He looked me straight in the eye.

"I see the way you look at me," He said just before he went in and closed the door. My cheeks must of been beat red. My heart was pumping so fast. I also must of been smiling like a complete idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to look more into the spelling of the names but I think I got the basis of them right.