Enthused

6

"Whoa, Dahl, you look amazing," Scott said. I glared at him.

"Dahl, we have guests, so get some clothes on," Anne said. She looked pissed beyond belief.

"Okay, Dahl, I gotta go grocery shopping. Is there anything new that you want?" My mom asked. She looked like she was in a rush to get out of here so I just shook my head no. She opened her umbrella and walked out into the storm.

"Dahl! Clothes!" Anne shouted.

"Why? It's only Garrett and Scout. The damage is done." I said.

"No, Tom is in Marks room. Well, I guess the damage is already done with him too since you made out last night." Scott stated.

"Dahlia!" Anne scolded. Luckily, she was smiling at me.

"Oh, you know Anne. Same old same old." I mumbled.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Scott said, looking very confused.

"Doesn't matter," I mumbled again. I went back into my room to get changed. I put on a plain black t-shirt and light grey shorts. I just threw on my converse. I don't care that I'm in the house. I just don't want to get yelled at for wearing slippers by Anne.

"Dahl, why did you change?" Scott asked.

"Scott! Shut up," Garrett scolded him.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Mark," I told Anne.

"Or Tom," Scott said under his breath.

"Shut up," I said rolling my eyes. Scott is going to tease me now and that's not fair. He told Tom to kiss me. I mean sure, it went farther than expected, but I couldn't help it. I like him. Scott needs to mind his own business from now on.

"Dahl!" Mark said. He was holding his bass.

"Hi," I said hugging him. I walked over to Tom and hugged him too. He was holding a guitar.

"Dahl, you play?" Tom asked me.

"No, I mean Mark has taught me somethings, but I wouldn't consider that actually knowing how to play." I said self consciously.

"Oh, well come here," He said. He made me sit on his lap and he put the guitar over us. He put my hands in places and soon enough I was playing. Although my fingers were just under his and he was guiding my hand with the strumming. Mark was playing along. We played for a while. It had to be about 3:30 when Anne came in to tell us that the pizza was here. Mark actually came into the living room on his crutches and sat down on the couch next to Scott. All the seats were taken. Anne, Garrett, Mark, and Scott were squeezed in on the couch, and Tom was on the chair. So I was kind of just standing there awkwardly.

"Go sit with Tom." Scott said.

"Or you could get up, then walk out the door, into the neighbor's backyard, tie a rock to your ankle, and jump in their pool. Then I could sit in your seat," I said triumphantly.

"Dahl! High Five!" Tom shouted. I gave him a high five. "Sit here," He said moving over. I couldn't help but laugh and sit down.

"Dahl, you're kind of mean," Scott informed me.

"Only to you. And it's be you are extremely obnoxious," I told him.

"Yeah, tone it down," Garrett said.

"She is my sister," Anne reminded him.

"Chill guys," Scott said.

"Yeah, don't gang up on Scott," Mark defended him.

"I'll protect Dahl," Tom said as he pulled me in closer to him.

"Great," I said and smiled at him. Scott smiled at us. I glared at him.

"Anne, babe, put the movie in," Garrett said as he chewed his pizza.

"It's a stupid movie. All gore." Anne said.

"No! It's good. Put it in." Scott defended the movie. Anne sighed and put the movie in. She turned off the lights as well. I snuggled into Tom and he put his arm around me. We sat like that through out all the movies we watched. All gore. All pretty stupid. When everyone left I was sad that I didn't get a chance to kiss Tom. It was so much fun though. It seems like he likes me too. I will see on Monday, I thought right before I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alls I can say is thank goodness for copy and paste. Long but so much fun to write.