Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Five.

During my early morning practice all I could think about was Candice and how amazing are time together was. She was unlike any other girl I had met or dated prior. She let a mark on me and I couldn’t wait until tomorrow when I’d get to see her again. There was something instant about the connection that we had and I knew that it was a real thing.

Candice was funny, smart and extremely beautiful. She was an awesome person and had some spunk with her and I liked that a whole lot in a girl, I really did. She liked to tease a little bit and I really liked that, it made me wonder what she’d be like if we were a couple. I can’t start getting ahead of myself, but the thought had crossed my mind.

When she had told me that she was her favorite player on the Bruins, I was completely shocked. I’m usually one of the most hated players or that random forgotten player. So when Candice told me that I literally felt my jaw drop. I was completely honored that she thought so and it made her gain quite a bit of brownie points in my book. She was totally natural with me too and that meant a lot to me, most girls like to play up the fact that I’m a rich athlete. With Candice those things didn’t seem to matter, if anything she got mad when I hinted that she may be a puck bunny. I liked her reaction and I felt bad that I disappointed her a little, but at the same time it was proof enough that money didn’t matter to her. She was a true hockey fan and I could tell and that just made me even more attracted to her.

There was nothing worse than a girl who didn’t know a thing about hockey who wanted to be with me. I can’t deny the fact that I have dated too many of those, and who knows if I’ll date more, I sure hope I won’t. If I end being with Candice then I really doubt that I’d ever date a puck bunny again. Another thing that was great about Candice was the fact that she listened to me. I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that I actually went on a rant about my ex girlfriend. I really didn’t think she was going to care, but she did and she listened to me. My last girlfriend was probably one of the worst relationships I had, it was honestly so terrible and thinking about it makes me cringe. People need to realize that it’s not always the men who are assholes.

“Yo Milan,” Patrice called

“Yea man?” I replied

“You still talking to that girl?” He asked.

“Yes ,why?” I asked.

“I just thought you’d let it go,” he said

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Come on Milan, after Rebecca, you haven’t exactly cared about meeting anyone for anything more than a one night stand,” he said.

I really hated to admit that it was true, but I never led the girl to believe that we’d be anything more than that. They knew going into it that they were just one night stands.

“Pat, how many girls have I brought in to the locker room since Rebecca?” I asked.

“Candice” he said

“Exactly. I’m still talking to her and I don’t plan on stopping,” I said.

“You’re serious about this?” he asked.

“I took her to the locker room, I made her watch me change, I gave her my number, I’m seeing her when we go to Montreal,” I said.

“Damn,”

“What?” I asked

“Nothing, I just didn’t think you were serious about this,” he said.

“Why not?” I asked

“I just felt that after what happened with Rebecca that you wouldn’t want to be with a woman seriously, she really fucked you up,”

“I know she did, but you know I’ve moved on and I know I am ready to find someone else,” I said.

“If you say so, I’m just surprised it’s someone like Candice,” he said

What the fuck was Patrice’s problem. Didn’t he know how I was when I was interested in someone?

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“I just find that she looks a little young,”

With that he left the room and now I was left alone to my thoughts.

Shit, now that I think about it Candice did look younger than most girls I am attracted to. She sounded really mature though if she is younger, I mean I could tell that she wasn’t twenty or anything, but how much younger than me could she be? Part of me wasn’t even phased by the age factor; there was something so special about her that her age could be looked over. As long as she was okay with things then it didn’t matter, as long as the age didn’t bother her then I was fine with it. Yet there was a part of me that was scared to know how old she was because maybe it would cause many, many problems between the two of us.

The guys and I were going out to super before boarding the plane to Montreal. I must admit that I was pretty stoked that I’d be getting to see Candice again. We’ve been texting all the time and she is safe in Montreal so that made me happy knowing that she was okay. Candice was a tease, and I have to admit I liked that about her. She enjoyed flirting with me and I gladly flirted back because I couldn’t help it, she was really good at it.

-Hey there mach man ;)

That’s the first text I get from her today. Just from that text alone I knew that our conversation would be great.

I didn’t want to text her back though, I wanted to call her and actually hear her speak.

“Hey,” She said

“Oh in your text I get Macho man, here I just get a hey,” I said.

“Fine, hey there macho man,” she said

“It doesn’t count if I have to ask for it,” he said.

“Fine, from now on you are wimpy man,” she said

“Ouch, it stung a little,”

“Awe poor baby,”

Damn this girl wasn’t going to let me win and I loved that.

“How come you called?” she asked.

“Well, I thought it would be nice to you know talk to you instead of only texting,” I said.

“I’m sorry that I haven’t called you yet,” she said.

“Why are you sorry?” I asked

“You’ve called me twice already and I’ve only done the answering,”

“Do you have a long distance calling plan?” I asked.

“I’m honestly not sure,” she said.

“Then don’t worry about it, I mean I have long distance plans so trust me, calling you is something I love to do,” I said

“Well don’t you know how to make a girl smile?” she said.

“Wish I could see you smile,” I said

“Stop being cheesy, you’re making me blush,”

“You’re supposed to be blushing.” I said.

I heard her giggle.

“I mean if any other guy makes you blush, I may need to take action,” I said

“Oh really now, is that how it’s going to be?” She asked

“Damn right it is,” I said

“Oh Milan, there is someone else who’s made me blush already,” She said

I felt kind of shitty. Sure I’m a dude, but I have feelings and when I like a girl I don’t want her eyes to be wandering around anywhere.

“Who is this man?” I asked.

“Ya know, I met him a little bit ago, and he’s constantly texting me and making sure he reminds me that I’m really pretty,” she said.

“Damn, he must be some amazing guy if he’s beating me out,”

“Oh he’s wonderful, too bad he’s so far away,” she said

“Where is he?” I asked.

“He’s in Boston right now, but he should be coming to Montreal really soon,” she said

“Oh Candice,” I said

“Hey Milan,”

“Ya?” I asked

“Please don’t bail,” she said.

“Bail?” I asked

“Yea, don’t bail on me, I’m really looking forward to seeing you, so please don’t not show up,”

“Why would that thought even cross your mind?” I asked

“It feels like you may find someone better and just forget about me,” she said

“One girl at a time,” I said

She and I talked for another hour and it was an amazing conversation. I could tell she didn’t want to say bye and in all honesty I didn’t want to either. I really didn’t want to end the conversation, but the both of us needed to go. I knew that when I saw her again it would be great.

There was still two hours before we were heading off to dinner and I thought I should go do a skate beforehand. I know I had an early morning practice yesterday, but I wanted to go for another skate. When I was on the ice I felt so free and just in total control of the situation. I really like to just skate laps around the ice rink, I make sure that I speed up with each lap I do. Last time I did twenty laps of the ice, today I wasn’t going to do that many, I was going to do ten laps and ten suicides. I needed to push myself because I wanted to be the best defensemen I could be. I wasn’t the best defensemen on the team and I knew that, so really Candice saying I was her favorite was a true surprise.

I got to the arena and I got onto the ice right away. I got on the ice and skated from one net to the other. I did that five times and then effortlessly glided into starting my laps. I went slowly for the first two laps and then began to pick up my pace with each lap. It felt really nice this time around to just skate, I wasn’t trying to prove anything to anyone or trying to make sure I was faster than the rest of the guys. It was just me skating laps and feeling myself pick up pace. As I picked up the pace I felt myself pushing harder and harder and that made me feel great.
I wonder if Candice knew how to skate and if she didn’t I would be sure to teach her. I’d love to go on a skating date with her; it would totally awesome to do that. Whether she could or couldn’t skate I’d make sure to hold her hand and hold her close to me as we skated. Damn, I can’t wait until we’re together again.

Before I knew it I had done my routine for the day and I was on my way back to the apartments before our dinner. The guys decided we were going to go to this steak house not too far from where we lived. I was pretty down to eat some good ol’ steak. I liked to eat my food when I go out, and I hope that Candice was the kind of girl who liked to eat. I hated when girls just order their salads and pretended that’s how they ate all the time. Did they really think I was that dumb?

“Milan, you’re sitting with me,” Greg shouted at me.

“All right!”

I had no preference where I sat honestly, it made no difference as long as I was with the guys and eating some good food, I was happy.

I ended up ordering a prime rib, medium well, with an all dressed baked potato. I had two beers and that was it. I was going on a plane; I didn’t really want to get drunk or anything.
Before we knew it we were on the plane and on our way to Montreal.

-On my way, can’t wait.

She replied with:

-I’m starting to have things planned out. When do you arrive?

-I arrive at 2:30am Is that good?

-It’s awesome; I’m off school, so I’m free for a while, we’ll see each other!

-Perfect, now get to bed dear,

-Hey, it’s only 1am!

-True, but get to bed, I’ll be in Montreal soon!

-Goodnight, sweet dreams


So, even though she said good night, we ended up texting for another half hour and it was great. She was really tired, but she was going to stay up for me, but I told her not to.

“We’ll be landing in five minutes,”

I knew she was sleeping, but I sent her the text just the same.

-I arrived ;)
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed! :D