Status: Updating Soon (:

Get Out Alive

Prologue

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for the light to turn green. The sky was filled with sorrow and the rain pelted my wind shield as if the heavens were crying along with me.

As if the sky felt my pain, my indecision. I had tried turning around many times, but it was to no avail. I knew what I had to do. I flipped the small piece of paper in my hands.

I held an address, one that would decide my fate. A fate that I hoped my son could avoid. My little boy Johnathan, how I wished that I didn't have to go through with this. But he has no mother now, no female figure to teach him all the things that I could not. I held back my tears as I kept the car going at a quick pace. I could not think about her. Not now...I would never be able to go through with it.

But Natalie...my wonderful,amazing, Natalie.

She's gone I snarled at myself. She's never coming back. Her death was caused by an others hand, and I would do anything....anything, to get my vengeance.

I kept the car going, faster, and faster until I saw my destination. It was a large metallic building. Normal enough looking on the outside. Perfectly harmless. But I knew better, this place wasn't safe, it was filled with monsters. Men and women who would stop at nothing to harm someone, anyone.

They were hit men, specially trained and given tasks to carry out, like dogs. I had to use all my will power to unlock the car and stand outside the lifeless, lurid building. I moved slowly towards the entrance.

Why run to your demise?

The electric doors opened quickly and I surveyed the inside of the death trap. It had sleek silver walls and black sofas pushed against them. A small fountain stood in the middle of the room, blocking my view of what lied beyond. I walked up to a woman with pale brown hair and lifeless eyes.

"Mr.Cruz, Miss.Mason is waiting for you." she spoke in a monotone.

I nodded and made my way to the elevator. Christiana Mason's office was on the top floor of the building. A building that had twenty-five floors. I hit the button and waited for the doors to open once again.

As I walked down the hall I noticed nothing. I just stared at the door and contemplated on turning back. But if I was to ever find out who murdered my Natalie, I needed to see her. And see her I did. She stood with her back to me, facing a large window that went from wall to wall on the far side of the room. The black curtains were drawn back and I knew she had heard me enter.

"Miss. Mason" I said letting my presence be known.

"Gabriel, I've known you since the seventh grade. Call me Christiana" she replied.

Finally she turned around. She hadn't changed at all, she still had her long platinum blond hair falling in ringlets down to her waist. Her red lips which complimented her curvy red dress. Her eyes, those once beautiful ocean blue eyes were cold and Grey now. It felt like death to be standing near her. To hear her voice cause uneasiness on my mind.

She might have been the woman that I was infatuated with in high school...but she's not that Christiana any longer. This building, this "business", it was hers. She called the shots on every gruesome killing and kidnapping that was on the television every other day. But in order to find out the killer of my love, my Natalie, I had to work with her....work for her.

I kept my voice calm and level even though my mind was yelling at me to turn back.

"I'm sure you heard the news." I implied, hoping that she would catch on.

"Ohh yes, Natalie. What a shame you two were so good together." she said in a lifeless tone.

I cringed at the use of my late wife's name. "I was thinking, maybe--"

She cut me off quickly "You were thinking I could employ you?" Christiana walked closer to me, a little closer than I would have liked. But I couldn't afford to upset her now.

"Yes." I replied coolly.

She ran her finger down my arm and I could feel her breath on my face, but I refused to look at her.

"I can do that. I was waiting for the day that you would ask. Anything you want...you can have." she said removing herself from my side and walking to her desk coyly.

I internally sighed this woman might have been attractive but she sure was aggravating.

"Thank you" I answered. Relieved that my mission was over with. But I knew I had a new mission. I needed to find the sick twisted man that killed my wife. And I need to do it without endangering Jonathan.

Two years ago I would have never believed you if you told me that this is where I would end up. But fate has a way with getting what it wants. And for now...I am an employee at
The Organization.