Sequel: Tragic Romance

Accidents Happen

Oh no!

"Zack!" I shouted, tugging in little Zacky's hand.

I heard footsteps trudging down the stairs. "What?"

"What is he wearing?" I motioned to our son, "There is no way he is wearing this,"

Zack sighed, "Why not?"

"Because!" I shouted, "He will not walk around insulting people!"

"But he looks bad ass!"

"Zachary James, do not test me," I warned, picking up Zacky.

"Oh no! You will not go "Mom" on me, I am not your child,"

This time it was me who sighed, "Fine, but only for today!"

"Yay! Come on kid! Let's go wait for uncle Syn!"

"Okay!" The boy ran off to the car, today was Zack's third day here and he had realized that he couldn't live with the bare necessities. So the band had decided to come and bring him his things, sufficiently checking out the place at the same time.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the car where a rowdy three year old was being strapped in by a hyper 30 year old. "Come on Zacky," I muttered, "let me do it,"

"I can do it!" He shouted, feigning hurt. "I'm not mentally handicapped!"

"If you say you aren't." I walked around to the drivers side, slipping in and starting the car.

"Got it!" Zacky shouted once more, shutting the back door and hopping in. "Hey! I did it right! Don't be looking back to check on me!"

I laughed, "I'm not! I was just looking out the back window, Zacky!"

"Mhhm, sure," He mumbled, "Lets go!"

The rest of the car ride was almost silent, except for Little Zacky asking his father questions and Zack replying and laugh as his son did. But I just drove, smiling every few minutes as Zack would say something hilarious and Zacky would screech in happiness.

Although Zack looked alright on the outside I knew something was formulating in his head, there had to be another reason he tried to follow his friend to their little piece of heaven.

There had to be a plan in his mind at the time, or maybe it was the opposite, maybe he wasn't thinking. Sometimes I regret ever leaving, because I don't know what happened when I was gone. I don't know the conversations that I never stuck around to hear and I can't picture the times where everyone just stood around crying because of our loss.

That day, December 28th, was the day everyones lives decided it was time to crack and shatter, we had all been far too happy for far to long and it was our turn to learn the hard way. I used to think I paid all my dues and faced all my sins. But it was that day and the ones to follow that I realized I had bigger things to deal with then meeting my next deadline. Bigger things than the life I was living in California. And I'm sad to say that I don't know what revelations Jimmy's death brought the boys of Avenged Sevenfold but I do know that they also have that heavy feeling in the bottom of their heart, and if they focus on it too hard, it might shatter and lead them to the path that Zacky is walking.

I'm afraid that I dig too deep the boys will close up to me and never let me back in. And that, losing just one more of my friends, is something I cannot bare to witness.