Sequel: Tragic Romance

Accidents Happen

The Swing Of Things.

"Hey baby," Zacky's voice greeted through the phone.
"Zacky! How is it? Was the concert good? Are the boys alright? Are you?"
I heard a low chuckle from the other line, "It's good, I guess. The concert went off with out any problems, Mike really lives up to expectations. The band is fine, I'm fine, you know. It's just different. It's a different atmosphere. But he's looking over us. I know he is."
I sighed and rubbed my eyes trying to hold back the moisture that had taken residence there, "I'm glad you all are doing okay. You knew that everything would be different, I mean, of course it would be. There isn't a giant ball of energy sitting behind you for the whole night."
"Yeah, but the fans. Holy shit the fans are crazy, the ones we've talked to are so supportive. And when the lights go down and we are introduced the screams are so loud and the kids are fucking crazy!" He shouted, his excitement climbing.
"That's great!" I laughed as I walked into the living room where Little Zacky was watching my old 'Avenged Sevenfold; All Access' Dvd, his face just just about a foot from the tv. His little legs were crossed and his palms flat against the floor in front of him as his eyes roamed the screen. "I think I know someone who wants to talk to his Daddy," I told Zack and when the word 'Daddy' left my mouth, Zacky's head shot up and he scurried over his hand held out.
"Well put him on! Zack screeched, his voice urgent. I rolled my eyes and handed Little Zacky the phone. He walked away talking quickly into the wireless black phone. His sock clad feet sliding around on the hard wood floor as he rushed up the stairs. My gaze settled on the television screen where The Rev's face appeared. He started to jump around, and act like he did. It was like the whole world was muted. I could hear my son upstairs talking on the phone, but my eyes were fixated on the man who's crazy antics were displayed on my television. And after a few moments the screen cut out, 'Seize The Day' started playing in the background and Matt's face appeared, his dimples evident. I sighed, trying desperately to think of something else.
It had only been a day since Zacky had boarded the plane and yet I felt like it was all wrong that he should be here when I wake up in the morning, attempting to cook, and tossing Zacky around like it was nothing. He should be here dressing his son in inappropriate clothing and laughing at the look on peoples faces as he and Zacky walked around down town. Zack should be here when we go grocery shopping, shouting out fowl words and smirking when I tell him to shut his mouth.
Even though I had raised Zacky by myself for over three years it felt wrong now that Zack wasn't here. With those thoughts I took the stairs two at a time and ran into Zacky's room where he was sitting on his bed the phone to his ear, still talking animately.
"Zacky babe, Mommy needs to talk to Daddy." I mumbled, and Zacky said goodbye before handing me the phone.
"Hey Zack? Where's the next show gonna be?"
"Oregon, why?" He questioned, slowly.
I smiled, "We'll be there,"
I could practically hear the smile in his voice as he told me not to worry about tickets that they would be there when we got to the airport. We also decided that we would wait a couple days so that Zack could have everything set up. So that we could come on a night that they were staying in a hotel so Zack, Zacky and I didn't have to try and squeeze ourselves into Zack's bunk.
Zacky wouldn't relax when I told him we were going to see Daddy and Zack's last comment before I hung up was "I knew you wouldn't be able to live with out me,"
Zacky and I spent the rest of the evening eating cookie dough ice cream, watching Avenged Sevenfold video's and listening to any Avenged Sevenfold albums that we could get our hands on.
"Mommy?" Zacky had asked, his little fingers tugging on my shirt.
I looked down to the little boy sitting on the couch next to me. "Yeah, babe?"
"Who's that man?" He pointed to the T.v. where Jimmy had once again showed up on.
"That's your Uncle Jimmy," I breathed, smiling at Zacky slightly.
"Where is he at?" He tilted his head to the side, his green eyes confused.
"He's in heaven, baby." I whispered, reaching to pull him into my lap.
"Where's that?" He asked quietly. And I pointed to the sky.
"He's resting on the clouds, he's watching over you, and Daddy, Uncle Matt, and Uncle Brian and Uncle Johnny."
He smiled and rested his head on my chest. "When is he coming home?"
My sad smile disappeared, "He can't, sweetie. He's needed up there."
"Oh," He mumbled, "I wish I could meet him,"
I dipped my head and kissed his, "I wish you could've too. He would've loved you, baby."
Zacky shut his eyes and mumbled under his breath. "I love him too, Mommy. He's funny,"
For awhile I watched as my baby slept in my lap, I closed my eyes and listened to 'M. Shadows' voice as it belted out the lyrics to Afterlife.

"I don't belong here, I gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife
’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here
Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you
This place full of peace and light, and I’d hope you might
take me back inside when the time is right"
♠ ♠ ♠
The Rev (That's not on the All Access Dvd but I thought it was an amazing taste of the man we all miss.

Rev Tribute Video