Sequel: Tragic Romance

Accidents Happen

Concert.

Later that night nothing had calmed down. The air just shifted from new excitement to a familiar buzzing of happy voices and cocky jokes. Back stage was filled with confident rockstars and roadies rushing to get all the last minute things set up. Zacky and I stood outside with Zack as he smoked a cigarette before the show. We stood out back leaning against the building. There were a few fans littering the area behind the gates, just hoping that some one from one of the bands would be nice and say 'hello'. Zack smiled at me as he tossed the butt of his smoke to the ground, "Ready for the show?" He asked, bouncing on the balls of his feet and stretching his tattooed arms above his head.
I nodded and mumbled a 'yeah', while Little Zacky shouted happily telling his Dad to hurry up and play already. Zack nodded telling him he would try his best but the other bands had to play first, because it was their job.
"Daddy! Can I play too?"
I chuckled expecting Zack to disagree, but instead he grasped Zacky from my arms and told him yes, "Sure, you can come out if you want. Just walk right out when you want too. You can even sing with Uncle Matt," My eyes grew wide in disbelief, and I smiled knowing how much fun Little Zacky would have in front of all the people. He was never a shy kid, he was always loud and hyper. He always had the crazy excitement that I always saw in his father.
Zacky just screeched in excitement and tugged on his Dad's hair as we made our way inside of the Venue. Zack led us through the hall, and into the Green Room where the rest of Avenged Sevenfold was messing around. Brian was shouting out short jokes about Johnny who was in return slapping him every time Brian opened his mouth.
"Hey guys," I greeted as we came in the door, "Ready to put on a show?" They all yelled out words of agreement and stood up, "We're going to go watch that last couple of Disturbed songs on side stage, want to come?" Matt asked, smiling with his dimples evident.
"Sure Mr. Shadows, lead the way!" I grin as he walks past us, Zack staying back to grab my hand. As we get closer David's voice grew louder as did Zacky's cheering. I set him down as we entered the side of the stage, he peaked around the corner and started jumping, "Daddy look at all the people!"
Zack rubbed his head, "I know, kid! Those are the fans!"
"Cool!" Zacky kept jumping around and pretending to strum a guitar. He even put up the rock sign with his little fingers. "Thank you! Thank you!" He mumbled as he bowed. The entire band bursting into laughter. "That's our boy!" Johnny snickered, picking up the little boy and tossing him into the air before putting him down again.
"Looks like you've got yourself a little rockstar there, Vengeance," Mike announced. "He's gonna be like his Daddy!" Zack agreed, "Well I'm not little but you get the point," Everyone cracked up once again.
I smirked shooting Zacky a knowing look, "Mhm, sure you aren't," Everyone laughed once again.
"Hey!" he screamed giving me a disbelieving look, "You should be on my side!"
I rolled my eyes, "sure, baby,"
The laugher subsided after a few moments, but Zack continued to pout. It wasn't until Disturbed had finished their set three songs later that his pouting face transfered into one of rowdy excitement. With a kiss to my lips and to Zacky's forehead he grabbed his guitar and took off to his spot on the stage.
"You ready to rock, fuckers?!" Syn asked, his fist in the air. The arena erupted in screams and cheers, the lights flashed and Zacky started bouncing around next to me. I smiled down at him as he stared at his father out of stage.
"Well I'm sorry!" Matt screamed, chuckling at the confused murmurs in the crowd.
Johnny went up to a microphone, "But we have surprise for you!"
Zacky smirked and looked our way, motioning for us to come out in just a minute.
"You know, I think we need another Avenged Boy." The crowd screamed, looking around, waiting. "Maxx! Bring 'em out!" All the boys yelled into there mics. looking our way.
I took my little boys right hand and led him out onto the stage, the crowd became quiet and confused as Brian who leaned down and hugged him before letting go. Zacky took my hand again and marched his way to Matt and Johnny doing the same. Afterwards he let go of my hand and raced to his Daddy who picking him up and faced the crowd after taking my hand in his other. "Guys this is Maxx! My girlfriend!" He cheered, lifting our hands into the air. I waved to the fans who replied with screams and cheers. "And this," He shifted Zacky higher in his arms, "is Zacky. My son!"
The crowd screamed in confusion and happiness. Zacky set his son down once again and handed me ear plugs for him before kissing my temple and telling me that we could sit by the drum set if we wanted. I nodded and pulled Zacky with me over there to sit in front of it. Little Zacky stood in front of me as I put the ear plugs in his ears. Zacky's little face was scrunched up in discomfort. "Anytime now," Matt joked, looking at me. I stuck my tongue out as I turned Little Zacky around to face the laughing crowd. "Thanks Uncle Mattie!" Zacky screeched sarcastically. With a nod from Matt the band started their single 'Nightmare'. Little Zacky's eyes never left his Daddy for more then a minute as he looked around. His eyes were wide and he was beaming. This was the little ray of sunshine that I raised.
Song after song Zacky was standing up dancing and singing along to the songs that he knew. Half way through the set Zack brought Zacky up to the front of the stage, "All right you, jerks!" Zacky shouted, "Don't talk like Daddy, Zacky," He told his song turning to smile at me smugly, "Listen up! My boy here is going to entertain you for just a few moments while I... go do something else. So Danny could you bring out the guitar we picked up for Little V, yesterday?" He addressed one of the roadies who came walking out with a Mini version of his yellow and black guitar that he was currently playing. Zacky screeched and reached out for it.
"Like father like son, eh?" Matt joked. The crowd laughed.
"Yes," Zacky said simply, smiling as he crouched down to place the little guitar strap around his son. "Okay Zacky, you know that song we've been working on?"
He leaned the microphone towards his boy, "Yeah," Zacky mumbled. And at the sound of his voice the crowd 'awed'. "Well play it, boy!" Zack ushered and Zacky giggled, "Okay Daddy!"
Zacky started playing the 6th string version of "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple and the fans started screaming in encouragement as the band joined along. Matt singing along and Brian rushing over to get in his stance near Little Zacky like he normally would with Zack. The crowd never stopped yelling through out the entire thing. When the chorus came up Zack took his sons place and finished it off there. Somehow the fans got even louder and the boys took a bow with Little Zacky who was grinning non stop.
The boys continued with the show, Zacky copying Johnny and banging his head around.
After the last song Zacky said a few parting words, "You lucky fucks were the first to ever see my son! I love him a lot so if any of you even think of touching him you're all ready gone!" He warned, the band nodding in agreement.
"Other then that! Have a good fucking night!" He yelled, putting Zacky on his hip, one arm wrapped around his back and the other holding onto his guitar that Danny rushed out to take. All the boys waved goodbye and Zack wrapped his arm around my neck as we walked off stage the boys going to get ready for their 'meet and greet'.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
What'll happen next?
haha, I know!