Sequel: Tragic Romance

Accidents Happen

Final Smiles.

Annabelle and Louisa met us at the airport, a sympathetic smile on her face as she took the still sleeping little Zacky from my arms. "Maxx, he-"
"Don't," I muttered, walking to baggage claim with her following behind, her free hand clasped with her daughters. I tossed my duffel bag over my shoulder and grabbed Zacky's as well, before turning to smile at my best friend. "Don't worry about it, babe. I'm fine." I told her, waving my hand in the air to dismiss the subject. "Alright," She murmured, still unsure about everything that had happened while I was away. The car ride home was silent. My thoughts were ravaging my mind as Louisa pulled out front of my apartment building. "Anna and I went home yesterday. So I'll see you later, I guess." She stammered, chuckling uneasily. "Yeah, your welcome." I retorted, "See you around," I picked Zacky up from the backseat and cradled him to my shoulder. "Thanks for the ride," I sighed leaning against the window. She just nodded as I turned to go to the apartment. The stairs were brutal with two suitcases and Zacky in my arms. But eventually I made it into my house. I laid Zacky in his bed, covering him up, I kissed his forehead and went to my own room. At the sight of my bed, I jumped into the soft satin sheets and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.
"Holy crap," I whispered to myself, using my arm to cover my eyes from the sunlight that was shimmering in through the window. I drifted off to sleep with my mind racing ahead.
When I woke up Zacky was laying next to me, His cheeks were red and warm, his little hands were fisted in his hair, and his head was laying on my chest. I glanced outside to see the sun setting behind the buildings, then I glanced to the clock. 9:17 PM, read the letters staring back at me. I sighed and wrapped my arm under and around my son, closing my eyes once more, I nudged him with my elbow, lightly. "Baby, wake up, you have to eat something before you go to sleep," I murmured, shaking him gently.
"I don't want to get up," He cried wiping away the tear stains from his cheeks.
"You have too. You're not going to be sulking around." I said sternly, smiling at him as I pulled him from the warm sheets. "Let's go eat,"
Zacky and I had just popped a pizza in the over before sitting on the couch to relax some more.
For the first time in what seemed like forever my son was quiet. He watched the kids on the screen in complete silence. The air in the room wasn't tense or angry, but Zacky radiated sadness. I didn't know how much of what happened my little boy understood. But I know he took away the fact that his father didn't want him anymore. And for a three year old, that was a low blow.
I knew why I fell in love with Zachary James Baker. I knew why I was so captivated by him and I knew for a fact that he would always mean a lot to me, even if I am mad at him for the rest of my life. With the way my anger was flaring I knew that could be a possibility, and it wasn't because he didn't love me like he said he did, it was because he had told his son just the day before that he would always be there for him and the next he took back his promise and pushed the baby boy away.
The way Zack had acted with when he saw his son for the last time had not only killed a little piece of me, but brought out the agony in a little boy as his father ignored him as we walked out the hotel and to the airport.
"Daddy!" Zacky screeched, looking over my shoulder at his father's retreating figure.
"Daddy, please! I love you!" Zack looked up to us from the floor, met my angered eyes, looked to the floor and kept walking.
"Da- daddy, please!" Zacky sobbed attempting to run away from my hold.
"Don't baby," I whispered in his ear. "Daddy has some where to be,"
"No," He said, "He's leaving like Anna's daddy! He just like her Daddy!" He yelled down the hall way at the elevator his father had stepped into just moments before.
"Mo- mo- Mommy! Why doesn't he love me?" Zacky asked, digging his little nails into my shoulder.
"He does baby," I murmured, "Everyone makes mistakes. You're Daddy just made a mistake. It was an accident, I'm sorry, baby, Shh, Accidents Happen, I consoled in attempt to stop his screaming.Accidents Happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I get some comments?
Just to forty?
That's like... three more?
Please?
And not ones that are just about this chapter, comments about the entire story. How it worked.
Click the button at the top that says "This is a prequel of Tragic Romance"
Yeah, you know you want to.