Sequel: Swear To Shake It Up

We Sure Are In For A Show Tonight

CHAPTER 24

SO TESTOSTERONE BOYS AND HARLIQUIN GIRLS*

Emma stepped out of the storage and picked up her gun that was swinging from her belt. She walked around. WHAM! She was knocked off ehr feet again. "WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH PEOPLE KNOCKING ME OFF MY FEET?" Kayce looked like she had been slapped. "What is your problem?" Emma started to cry. Kayce hugged her. "What's wrong babe?" Emma burried her head into Kayc'es shoulder. She was glad her friend was there. "Brendon and I went into this broom storage and stuff happened. We didn't go all the way because I stopped it before anything could. He got mad and said he obviously wasn't the one for me. He hates me know! What do I do? I'm sorry for everything!" kayce shusshed her."Sweetie! Don't cry! You shouldn't be sorry! It is better nothing happened! If he can't realize that he is a jerk! You don't need him! Now let's go find Ryan ok?"

Emma got up off the floor. "ok. kayce? I'm glad you are here. You have been here since the beginging and I love you for it." Kayce hugged her. "It's ok Emma girl!" Ryan came up and saw Emma crying. "Don't say anything. Brendon told me everything. He just has never had a girl turn him down before. It is kind of new to him. Don't worry he will come around." Emma accepted a hug from Ryan and wisphered in his ear. "your a good guy you know? Keep Kayce close."

The three of them headed to the hotel. They left Jon, Spencer, and Brendon to finish the round and pay the bill. kayce had brought her fall Out Boy hoodie and let Emma borrow it. Emma was cold, but not physicaly. Mentaly. She felt she could sit in fire and never be warm. Her heart had broken. She remembered her father saying. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." She hated it when he was right.

Back in the room kayce and Ryan climbed under the covers. Instead of her usual sleeping spot she chose a chair near by Ryan and kayce's bed. kayce and Ryan stayed up late talking emma through her crisis. Ryan would sometimes rattle off random love lyrics. Emma thanked god that she had both of them. Emma heard noise outside of her window. She looked through the curtain. It was Brendon, Spencer and Jon. She freaked out. Ryan and Kayce suggested that she just wrap up with a blanket and watch some tv. The door clicked anmd Emma's stomach fluttered.

In walked Jon and Spencer. Brendon walked in sipping her favorite coffee drink. He hadn't brought her one. Tears welled in her eyes. Brendon went in the bathroom but left the door open. Emma knew it was for her. She got out of the chair and the room fell silent. Kayce wisphered "good luck" Emma took a deep breath and entered the bathroom. Brendon sat on the counter with his head down. he looked up at her entering and gave her an angry look. Emma walked up to him and threw her arms around him. "I'm sorry! I'm soo sorry!" He threw her arms off of him. "No You're not! I thought you loved me! I loved you with all my heart and I finaly go out on a limb and you crush me! How could you do that how?!" Emma took a step back. She was happy that she wasn't shedding teasr over this. "I do love you! How could you say that I don't? I am just not ready to sleep with you! NOT ANYBODY! It is just what I belive in! See this silver ring on my finger? See it? I took this pledge when I wa sin 8th grade! I am 17 now! 4 years and I haven't broken it! I'm not goingt o break it now!" Brendon looked at the tiny silver ring. "It is just a ring nothing more!" Tears were brought to Emma's eyes. "Brendon? This isn't just a ring. This is my beliefs. If you don't respect that than you will never respect me! I guess you're right! YOU ARN'T THE GUY FOR ME!"

Emma wlaked back to her chair. The whole room was loking at her. The bathroom door slammed behind her. She wrapped up in her blanket. Kayce came and sat on the edge of the chair. She sobbe dinto Kayce's t-shirt. "Kayce? I thought he was the one for me." Kayce pushed Emma's hair out of her eyes. "I know you did I know you did." Emma let Kayce comfort her until very late at night. Normaly she wouldn't accept anybody's "charity" ,but Kayce was different. She had been there from the begining.

Ryan, Spencer, and Jon came over to where Emma sat. Ryan hugged her. "Night Emma." He went and slid into bed next to Kayce. Jon was next. "i forgive you for everything! I love you to death and so does Dylan!" he walked to his bed and plopped down. Spencer hugge dher long and hard. "Don't worry about Brendon. He has his moments. Keep your heart safe." He kissed her cheek and went to bed. The bathroom dorr opened. Brendon walked out. He looked over at where she was sitting by the window and glared. "I will never love you again"