Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 19: Dirty Laundry

“I hate this car.” Soya said, jumping out of the driver’s seat and closing the door, making sure Ville was out before locking the car.

“Do you always repeat Please don’t crash, please don’t crash’ when you drive someone else’s car?” He smirked.

“Jerk.” She said, pushing him away from her, causing him to laugh as he went and grabbed a cart.

“All right, get in.” He said, pushing the cart closer to her.

“Get in what?” Soya asked, as she opened her wallet and took out the list of things she needed to make the pasties. She looked up at Ville when he didn’t answer, to see him pointing to the cart. “Ville, I’m not sixteen anymore! I highly doubt I’ll fit.” She said taking off her sunglasses and setting them on top of her head.

“You said you were flexible, I’m betting you can.” He smirked.

“I can walk.” Soya said.

“Get in Soya, I want to push you. We used to do it all the time back home.” He said, sticking out his lower lip as he pouted.

“Oh!” Soya groaned stomping her foot. “You’re insufferable!” she shoved her sunglasses and hat in his hands before she twisted her hair into a tight bun, grabbing the beanie back from his hands, stuffing her hair inside so she wouldn’t be sitting on the dark locks, before she climbed into the shopping cart with a groan.

Once she was folded inside the cart with her legs crossed, she looked up at him with a glare, causing him to grin. “You love me.” He reminded her as he entered the grocery store. He had left his beanie on his head, which hid his hair, except for the stray curls by his ears. He had also left on the Wayfarer Ray Bans he had stolen from her, claiming that they were fair game since she had stolen his t-shirt, leaving her with her large rimmed black sunglasses that were now hanging from the neck of her shirt.

“What do we need first?” Ville asked as he roamed through the produce aisle, looking at the fruit.

“Let’s see, milk, eggs, rice.” She ticked off. “Flour.”

“Bam really didn’t have anything, did he?” Ville teased as he walked towards the baking products.

“Nope.” Soya said, popping the ‘p’ as she looked at the shelves.

“So did you tell Aida the truth?” Ville asked, curious to her morning conversation she had had with her sister.

“The truth about what?” Soya asked absently, pointing to a bag of rye flour. Ville grabbed it and handed it to her so she could look at the label.

“About going to Finland soon?”

Soya sighed, looking up at Ville slowly, meeting her own gaze in the reflection ofher his glasses. “Unfortunately, that’s one of the only lies I tell Aida.” She said, setting the small bag of rye flour in the cart and pointing to the wheat flour.

“Why?” Ville asked, giving her the small bag.

“Because it’s easier to tell my little sister I’ll see her soon, than to hurt her by saying I won’t see her at all.” Soya muttered, loud enough for Ville to hear, as she stared at the label of the flour before deciding it was the one she needed and looking back down at her list. “I need butter too.”

“Were you lying to us when you said you were working on going back to Finland?”

Soya shook her head. “No, I am working on it.”

Ville frowned as he leaned on the cart and slowly pushed her forward. “I don’t see what’s stopping you from going, Soya. I understand you have the studio to take care of and responsibilities here, but we really want you to come home for a while.”

Soya bit her lip. “I know, and…” she sighed, “I’ve been dying to go back since I left. I didn’t even want to leave in the first place.”

“Then what’s stopping you from going back?”

Soya looked up at Ville, reaching up and removing his sunglasses, hanging them from the neck of his shirt. “Deep down Ville, I’m still the same sixteen year old that use to lie to my parents so I could hang out in Linde’s garage, just to listen to you sing.”

“I doubt that.” Ville said with a roll of his eyes.

Soya gave bitter laugh, causing him to look back at her. “I haven’t gone back to Finland, because my parents don’t want me to go back.”

Ville was about to respond when he heard the sound a giggling behind them. They both turned to see two girls with their cell phones at the start of the aisle, only to run away when he caught them looking.

“I don’t want to talk about this right now.” Soya said quietly.

“But we’ll talk about it?” Ville asked as he pushed the cart slowly.

Soya nodded. “Yes, we’ll talk about it.”

“All right then.” He stopped and looked around the store. “What else did you need?”

Soya rolled her eyes and looked back down at her list. “Eggs, butter, rice, milk.” She pointed to the refrigerated section against the wall. “That way.”

Ville followed Soya’s direction stopping at the egg section, though he could hear the giggles of the girls following closely behind. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Soya asked, looking at the carton of eggs that were shelved trying to decide if she wanted to the half a dozen or dozen.

“For the girls.” He said, nudging his shoulder back.

Soya shrugged. “Why should you be sorry?” She asked, looking over at him. “Aren’t the fans what make or break you guys?” She looked over his shoulder at the two girls who were obviously taking pictures with their phones. “Obviously those girls are part of the fans that make you. I’m not going to be angry that they’re taking pictures.”

“It doesn’t bother you?” Ville asked, watching as she decided on the dozen, before pushing her towards the milk.

“Even though I’m a dancer and no one really cares about us or what we do, we still get followed around from time to time; especially by those that find out I’m the daughter of Jonah Toivonen, Finland’s ex-Minister of Finance.” She shrugged. “I’m not bothered by innocent girls like that, especially if you’re not.”

Ville grinned. “I’ve always liked you.”

Soya smiled back as she reached for the milk, only to fall short, causing Ville to snicker as he reached for the carton she was going for. “It’s good to know you like me, otherwise I would question why I’m sitting in a blasted shopping cart.”

“You have to admit it’s fun.” Ville pointed out, as he led her towards the butter. He was watching Soya look between two butter packets, when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over and saw the two girls standing behind him grinning.

“Hello.” He said with a smile.

“Hi.” One of the girls grinned. “You’re Ville Valo.”

“I am.” He laughed. “Did you want me to sign something?”

“Would that be cool?” The other girl asked. Ville saw her eyes wonder over to Soya who was still looking at the butter labels.

“It’s fine.” Ville said. “Ignore her, she’s a bit nutters.” He circled his finger around his temple, causing the two girls to laugh.

“Mean!” Soya grinned up at him, waving slightly at the two girls. “If I don’t get the right one, then they won’t come out right.”

He rolled his eyes at Soya as he accepted the pen and the paper from one of the girls and signed it, before signing the back of the other girl’s cell phone.

He watched one of the girls bite her lip, and knew a question was coming. Sure enough, it came. “Is she your girlfriend?”

Before he could respond, he heard Soya snort. “He wishes.”

Ville looked over his shoulder at her and saw her grin at him, before she stuck out her tongue at him. He looked back over at the girls. “She’s a good friend of mine.” He admitted, seeing no harm in telling the truth.

He watched them look at each other awkwardly and couldn’t help but laugh. “A hug, and then I have to help her finish shopping; she’s my source of breakfast this morning.”

The girls grinned and he gave them both hugs before bidding them goodbye, watching them walk away giggling and squealing to each other, before he turned his back on them and faced Soya. He watched as she leaned up in her cart and kissed his cheek.

“Tällainen hyvä sydän.”(Such a good heart.) She whispered, before sitting back down in the cart. “We still need rice, unless you want potato.”

“Rice is fine.” Ville nodded as he took towards the rice aisle.

An hour later, after gathering much more than what they needed for the recipe, and arguing about who would pay at which point, Ville just handed the girl his credit card, since Soya couldn’t reach from her seat in the cart. The entire ride back had been him holding in his laughter as she had lectured him on paying for her things.

“Its food that’s going to be eaten by everyone else before it even hits the shelves of the refrigerator.” He said as Soya shoved a bag into his arms.

“Oh shut it Ville, I was the one that dragged you grocery shopping, I should have been the one to pay.”

“Where the fuck have you guys been?!”

They both turned to the door, and Soya bit back a grin as she looked at Ville. “I told you he wouldn’t like it.”

“We were grocery shopping, Bam.” Ville said as Bam came closer.

“And you took the Hummer?” Bam asked incredulously. “You don’t drive!”

“I drove.” Soya said as she handed Bam back his keys. “I would blame Ville though; he said you lent him the car.”

“I did?” Bam frowned. “I don’t remember that.”

Ville smirked. “I may have taken advantage of your half asleep and half hung over state.”

“That’s not very nice.” Bam frowned.

Ville rolled his eyes. “That, coming from you, is ridiculous. Take a bag, Soya’s going to fix breakfast.” He said shoving a bag into Bam’s arms as Soya started towards the house with some of the bags as well. “Don’t be mad at Soya for driving, she thought you knew.”

Bam nodded. “Sure.” He muttered, before grabbing another bag and helping Ville carry them into the kitchen, where Soya was unpacking the things from the bags.

“Do you mind if I use your oven Bam?”

“No, go ahead.” Bam said putting the bags on the counter next to her as she moved around, putting stuff in his refrigerator, and leaving other things out on the counter.

“Great.” Soya said. “Are you hungry?” She asked, looking over at him as Ville put down the last of the bags. “Because if you are I can make you guys something quick to tide you over while the pasties are cooking. It’s going to take me about an hour to get everything done.”

“We’re fine Soya, do you need help?” Ville asked.

Soya shook her head. “No, I’m fine. Go double check your room though.”

“What for?” Ville frowned.

“I know you, Valo.” She teased. “Check under the bed for socks, shirts, underwear. I want everything clean.”

“Clean?” Bam asked.

“She’s doing my laundry.” Ville laughed.

Bam looked over at Soya who was looking through his cabinets, giving a ‘Woo’ of excitement when she found a measuring cup, then back at Ville. “She’s doing your laundry.”

“She found out I haven’t washed anything since touring started, she was quite pushy about it.”

Bam smirked as he looked over at Soya again. “Hey Soya?”

Soya looked over at him. “Yes?”

“Is this whole laundry thing up for anyone, or is Ville the only one that gets special treatment around here?”

Soya laughed, as she poured the rice into the boiling water, stirring it so it wouldn’t clump, before she turned fully to Bam. “The offer is for everyone.” She said only to grab Bam’s arm before he started to run off. “I have one rule though.”

Bam stopped and looked over at her. “A rule to do laundry, really?”

“I don’t know you guys,” Soya shrugged. “So everything you bring me has to be put in piles by whom it belongs to. Hampers are preferable, so it’s easier for you guys to take back to your rooms.” She thought about it with a bite of her lip. “I also don’t wash anything I can’t touch with my bare hands.”

“That’s a fair rule.” Bam said with a smirk.

“Put it in the laundry room with Ville’s, and I’ll get to it after breakfast.”

Bam smirked and patted Ville on the chest. “Seriously dude, thanks for bringing her.”

Ville looked over at Soya as Bam disappeared, probably to gather everyone’s clothes. “You don’t have to do it Soya.”

“I enjoy household chores Ville,” she looked over at him as he watched her start mixing the flour with water and salt. “I’m sure when you get home you start appreciating the little things.”

“Sure.” Ville agreed.

“Well so do I. I honestly think sometimes had I had a choice in how I ran my life, I would have enjoyed being a house wife.” Soya admitted.

Ville shook his head. “I could never imagine you staying at home while your husband worked; I think it would drive you crazy.”

“Would it?” she asked amused.

Ville shrugged. “You enjoy the small things now, because it’s always been a small thing.”

Soya frowned and looked over at him as she kneaded the dough. “What do you mean?”

“Ever since I met you, you were always running around some place. If it wasn’t practice, it was a recital, if it wasn’t anything with dance, it was some family function, or social function. Nathan had your schedule taped to the dash board of the car.” He laughed.

“Oh god, I remember that.” She groaned.

“When you finally did relax or get a few hours to yourself, you were always mothering us.” He said, remembering how if they were at his flat she would be in the kitchen making them snacks, even though they were all older than her. If they were at his mother’s house, which she loved to be in, because his mother had treated her like her own daughter, she would be cooking or helping his mother with the chores around the house.

“I wasn’t mothering you.”

“Soya, I caught you wiping Mige’s chin once, when he spilt food on himself.”

“I did not!” she laughed.

“You did. We loved it though, I will never argue that. We knew that with you around, we would never go hungry.” He teased.

She shook her head in amusement, before turning and nodding her head up the stairs. “Go, Ville.”

Ville nodded, as was about to leave the kitchen, only to stop when they both heard something crash above them.

“What was that?” Soya asked with a frown, as she wiped her hands with a dishcloth and followed Ville upstairs.

“Bombs away!” They heard, before another crash came. They walked into the living room only to find the guys at the landing dropping their dirty clothes down.

“Bam told us you would wash our clothes.” Dunn smirked, as he tossed a pile of jeans over the landing.

“So we’re making it easier on you to move down.” Dico laughed, tossing shirts down.

“But I told Bam for you guys to keep everything separated.” Soya told them, as she watched another pile of clothes flop down into the ever-growing pile.

“We figure,” Dunn started. “It would probably save water and all that shit if you just did it by colors,”

“And anything that’s not claimed gets auctioned off.” Raab laughed as he tossed his own clothes into the pile.

She watched as Novak got ready to launch his, when she put up a hand. “Wait, wait, wait!”

Novak paused, as the rest of the guys stared at her. “What?” He asked.

“I’ve heard stories about you.” Soya laughed, “Anything you toss down, I better be able to touch without a hazmat team present.”

The group, including Novak laughed. “Man, she hasn’t even been here a full day, and all ready she knows me well. Don’t worry babe, everything’s safe to touch.” He told her with a smirk as he tossed his down.

Soya sighed as she saw the pile and looked at Bam as he brought his own basket down with a smirk. She looked up at Ville who was silently laughing at her.

“I’m telling you, you don’t have to do this.”

“Go,” Soya laughed. “Double check your room.”

“You’re mothering.” Ville sang as he started up the stairs.

“I’ll show you mothering.” She laughed tossing the dishtowel she had at his head, only to miss.

“Hey Soya!” Bam called.

Soya looked towards his voice. “Yes?”

“Something’s boiling over on the stove!”

“Oh! The rice!” Soya said running off towards the kitchen, the sound of the guys laughing following her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all! I'm back from my trip and posting will be done as usual once again!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter let me know what you think! I love any and all feedback!! (thank you to those who have been commenting!!)

-Kassandra