Sequel: One-Hundred Days

In the Month of May

Day Thirty: Time

We are wasting time here, and you know it. As you look at me with shy and restless eyes, I stare at the floor, weaving my fingers together over and over. Inside my mind, I'm wishing that your hand would find its way into mine, and although I know the possibilities of such a thing happening to someone like me, I still hope and wish as my eyes stay away from yours inside the confines of this empty space.

Leaving the likes of us alone together wasn't the smartest idea our friends have had in the past years, and although I know that mine did it in chance of me getting what I want, and yours did it in chance of you falling for me like I have fallen for you, I can't shake the idea that this is pointless.

They put two people in a room, alone, with only each other to distract them. If we were any other two people, things would be playing out much differently, our hands would be on each others instead of idly resting in our own laps.

We are wasting the time of our friends, whose plan has not worked out so ideally. We are wasting the time of each other, with our dancing glances and still lips.

In reality, we are not shy, we are not meant to be wasting this time. We are both only listeners, both craving to listen but neither of us have anything to say. We are left facing each other in heavy awkward silence from the urge of hungry ears and still lips.

We sit alone together, and as you look up from your hands and smile that awkward little smile, I drown out the ticking of the clock hanging on the wall behind me. I smile back, and take my chance, put the previous wasted time to good use.

I smile and tell you why exactly we're alone together in this room, why we happened to be left alone, with a locked door and no idea of where the others have went.

You nod and tell me you knew of the 'plan' as well.
I smile and ask if you think it would work.
You say yes, and then lean in closer to me.

We are merely two listeners, wasting time by having nothing to say, but we shall rescue this diminished and thrown away time by pressing our lips together.
We listen to each other, bring back the wasted time into our arms circled around each other.

We will rescue the time passed by us.