Sequel: One-Hundred Days

In the Month of May

Day Four: Immortal

"Do you think that we could be invincible, if we tried hard enough?"

I roll onto my side, staring at her profile's sillohuette. And I think.
Our hands are intertwined, fingers locked and ready to hold on tight if need be. I move closer, resting my head on her shoulder, staring into the sky past her still lips. Our breaths create clouds over our heads in the cold air.
We are alone, inside of each other's minds, inside of the seperate atmospheres made by our steady breathing.

"Or, maybe, we could just never die, you know? Maybe we all are immortal, but instead we end up giving up instead of living."

I stare into the sky, at the burning stars, raised above us and twinkling as if being turned on strings.

"And maybe, we are all like those stars, being dangled up in the sky, twirling and dancing for whoever's fingers we're tied to. I mean, stars never give up, but they never die. When we see them die, they have already died thousands and thousands of years before. A new star to us may be on it's last leg before it even reaches our eyes."

I think about the words expanding our atmosphere.
Maybe we are just stars, twirling and dancing, all being controlled by a master puppeteer. Maybe we're all here for some other being's own amusement, and maybe that being has meant make us live forever.

But that being is like a small child, careless and reckless, unknowing of what he is doing when he gives us guns and fire and anger. He doesn't know that we are capable of more when he makes us swing our fists and lash our tongues.
His mother and father gave him his toys, us, as presents, but they forgot to warn him that we were more than just that. We are capable of our own thinking, our own percieving. What we can make can be lethal, not only to us, but to him.

"It doesn't make sense, I mean, why do people die? We're all immortal, when you think about, maybe not completely in the physical sense, but mentally. Some people can make up these things, these terrible and ghastly stories, tales of things that will never happen in a million years. We make up diseases, our minds keep us from living by drilling fears and experiences into our memories. Our minds are so powerful if we let them be so, but we all only care about physical strength, and that's what makes us die in the end."

That being hears everything we say, watches everything we do, but he doesn't understand any of it. He doesn't understand what is happening when our limbs stop moving and our strings don't work anymore. He doesn't understand what will happen when he tosses us around too much, throws too many things at us. But even though he doesn't understand, he still knows what not to do. He knows what will make our hearts stop, and he tries to avoid that.
It's then that we cause our own destruction.

His parents made us as eternal playthings, but we have been passed from so many generations, from so many careless hands, that we are broken and battered and bruised. We wear our bruises and our scars with heavy hearts, ashamed of these things that we cannot control.
He puts us through things not to test us, but to see how durable we are. He waits to see if our wooden bones will snap, if our paper hearts will rip on the rough concrete streets he has made himself. We sit and we wait for him to take us for a ride, complaining in the end of what he has made us endure.

"We all have a chance to live forever, but if we don't take it, then it won't happen.

We all sit and wait, sit and wait for our lives to happen. We are made too early, waiting for his boredom to bring his hands around our flimsy strings, and until then, we waste our lives away.
If we break free of his strings and his will, he will let us go, he will let us go to live in the world his great great grandparents have made from clay and sand for his playthings to inhabit.

If we break free, he will let us live.
If we break free, we could never stop breathing.
If we break free, we could never have regrets, past loves, thing unsaid.
If we break free, we could be immortal, we could live forever.

If we would just break free.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the hardest one to write, and I don't even really like it that much.
Con/Crit would be greatly appreciated, especially on this one.
(And if you could also comment and tell me any misspelt words, that would be great too.) (: