Status: Working on getting offers, posting the first chapter.

Mostly Ghostly.

One: First Encounter

I lived in an older home in a small city that was used for prisioning the Japanese race for questioning during World War ll. They were hold against their will for something they had no control over. Some where killed trying to escape. Others died from the lack of nutrition.

So during summer break, when school was out, and off my mind for the time being, I sat watching Spongebob on TV. The way my living room was set up had it connected to the kitchen with an archway. We had a beige colored recliner that was my love during afternoon's like this one. Right under the spot where the fan hit the most, perfect in my mind.

My mom, dad, and little brother come walking in, and as they walked out the front door, my mom told me they were going to the store. Before leaving, she mentioned that the PG&E was coming, and that I had to give them the money she placed on a small corner table. She told me that my older brother was in his room, so if anything were to happen, I go tell him. I nodded once, not saying anything as I watched the yellow sponge on tv ride the hooks that Mr. Krabs warned him not to get on.

This day is so engraved into my mind, that I can tell you everything that happened. As you can tell from the description of which episode of Spongebob was playing.

A good, hour after my mom, dad, and little brother left, a commercial flashed onto the screen, and I took the opportunity to get up and go grab a coke from the kitchen. I find it funny how when you place something in one spot, you'll forever place it there. For instance, the case of Coke Cola's was always placed in the kitchen, at the end of the counter, right next to the porch door.

I didn't take my eyes off the TV as I got up and began walking into the kitchen. I still get chills to this very day from this encounter. In fact, I've got goosebumps as I type this. Anyways, I finally pull my eyes away from the screen, and look into the kitchen. And, the format of our kitchen leaves you facing the porch door once you walk into the kitchen, and through the door you're led into the porch where on the right, the washing machine and dryer is. And to the left is the backdoor leading into the backyard.

So I'm left looking directly at the porch door. We usually have curtains covering the little window in the door, but for some reason it wasn't there. Instead, there stood a man. A man in a black suit. He wasn't facing me, but was faced forwards, towards the washer and dryer. He had this black hat on, one of those tall ones. Not only that, but the backdoor leading into the backyard was open, allowing the sunlight to flood into the porch, only enhancing the man.

I stood, practically frozen in the archway. My heart was beating way too fast to even describe. I'm surprised I was even able to run away and into my brothers room. My first thought was that it was some guy trying to break in and kill me. So, I run into my brother's room, and he's on the phone talking to his friend who's in the army. I tell him that there's some guy in the porch, and he must have not been listening because he told me that it must have been the PG&E, and that I should go give them the money my mom had left.

But once I told him that I'm sure they wouldn't come through the backyard, that's when he snapped and got up really fast. He told me to stay in his room, like if I was about to leave, and told his friend that I saw someone in the porch and that he was going to go check.

As I'm left alone in his room, I hear his voice getting fainter as he walks through the house. My heart is still beating fast. The hair on my arms rise as I get a strange feeling in my stomach. I have the sudden urge to sprint out of the room, and I do just that. I run out of my brother's room and back into the living room, where my brother exits the kitchen.

He tells me that there's no one in the porch. I stare at him, as I walk closer to the kitchen. Not entering it completely, I stand in the archway and stare down the kitchen and to the porch door. Sure enough, no one was there. The backdoor, that I saw open, was now close. I stood thinking that maybe I was seeing things. But after thinking about it several times, I know I wasn't

I was even proven when one of my older brother's friend said he saw the same thing one night when he went to go grab a soda. Except, this time, the man was pressing his face onto the glass.