Status: Completed

Reminiscing

Chapter 5

The blaring of my alarm clock awoke me the morning after, I groaned into my pillow before slamming my fist down on the annoying device and dragging my fatigued ass out of bed. Once my head had stopped spinning from the sudden movement, I shuffled over to my bathroom to have a shower. There was hardly ever any hot water so I had to make do with cold, I stepped under the refreshing water and let it stream over my body before washing myself and shampooing my hair. When I had finished showering I jumped out from under the flowing water and grabbed a towel to dry myself with, towel drying my hair as much as I could.

I wrapped the damp towel around my waist and shuffled over to my closet to pick out today’s attire. Eventually I decided on a white dress shirt underneath a blue striped v-neck sweater along with a pair of my tightest black skinny jeans (which left little to the imagination, if you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge) and black chucks. Pulling on my chosen clothes I then went on to blow dry my hair before straightening it slightly. The view in my mirror showed me that my hair had gotten rather long recently, it was just starting to pass my ears and almost reach my shoulders, I think I may need a hair cut soon.

I quickly applied a thin line of eyeliner to my eyes before making my way down the stairs to see my mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Since my dad walked out on us a few years ago, my mom had to take a second job but she still manages to do all the little things like cooking and cleaning, plus taking care of me, she really is an incredible woman if you ask me, but there is one thing about her that I wish I could change. Not thinking, I slipped on the last step of the stairs and ended up landing on my butt on the floor. I laughed it off and started to get up but not before my mother came running into the hall, oh here we go …

“Frankie! Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?” she asked fussing over me, this is the one thing I would change. She worries non stop about me, thinking that just because I have a crappy immune system that I will die from a paper cut or something silly. That woman really needs to take a chill pill once in a while.

“I’m fine mom, really, I just slipped is all.” I reassured her before getting up, hugging her and walking into the kitchen where there was toast waiting on the table. Taking a slice with me, I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek before saying goodbye to her and walking out of the house. Seeing as I had left all of my stuff at school yesterday, I didn’t have a bag to carry. I pulled out my ipod which I had earlier placed in my pocket, and put in the ear buds to let Black Flag’s lyrics sing me to school.

I made it to school in around 10 minutes where I was greeted with students rushing around everywhere, freshmen literally running around and the occasional teacher walking from building to building, Belleville High will never change. After only a few minutes of looking I eventually found Bob resting under a tree where I greeted him with a friendly hug.

“Where were you yesterday? I tried to find you at lunch but you just seemed to have disappeared.” He asked curiously.

“Oh, I got punched and then shoved in a locker, I was just too fed up to stay for the rest of the day.” I half lied, it was partly true, I probably would have gone home anyway even if mine and Gerard’s encounter had never happened. The bell started to ring, signally students to their first lesson of the day, I had English. Yuck.

“I’ll see you ‘round, Frankie.” Bob said before walking off in the opposite direction to me. I then walked to my locker to retrieve the needed books for today (without getting shoved into it this time) and headed off to my English classroom.

The day went by with a blur, until suddenly it was time for art class. Reluctantly I made my way to the art classroom where many students were already seated in the room, chatting idly with their friends about the latest fashions or the new show on TV. I took my new set seat at the back and got out my sketch book which held yesterday’s work, I was planning to hopefully finish it today so that I didn’t have to later for homework.

“Alright guys, today I want you to just carry on with your stuff from yesterday’s lesson, to be honest with you I’ve got a killer headache and really can’t be bothered tot each you guys.” I looked up at him, his eyes were boaring into my own, I daren’t look away from his gaze in unknown fear. I wasn’t sure whether I was scared of him or I was scared of what had happened between us. I’ll admit, as much as I thought he was hot and all, I was still really shocked when he came onto me.

Although, I really did enjoy it. His smooth lips on mine, I could almost taste him right now. Frank, control yourself, you don’t wanna get a boner in class, do you? Oh crap, he’s still looking at you! I blushed before looking down at my lap, ripping at my finger nails viciously, a nervous habit I really need to overcome. I then opened up my sketch book and started to unnecessarily shade areas which could do with out it. It was just something to distract myself from his burning gaze.

As the lesson went onward I kept my head down and carried on gratuitously with my work. Every so often I would glance up and catch his eye, he was still staring at me, and it was starting to get me paranoid. Did he regret it? Was it just a mistake? I really need to learn to not worry myself so much, I should just wait and see how it plays out. I spent the remainder of the lesson trying to look busy, until the bell rang for lunch. Many of the students started to file out of the classroom, and I would have been one of them, if I wasn’t so clumsy by dropping all of my stuff on the floor.

I groaned before dropping to my knees and gathering all of my crap off of the floor and trying to shove it into my bag as fast as possible. Since when did I have so much stuff?! I hadn’t realised that someone was helping me until a pair of hands handed me my maths folder. I looked up to meet Gerard’s hazel eyes looking straight back at me, they were filled with amusement, probably from the shocked expression on my face.

“Erm, thanks.” I murmured, taking the folder and shoving it hastily into my bag, eventually all of my junk was inside my bag and I made my way to leave the classroom but the sound of his voice stopped me.

“Frank, we need to talk” I turned back to face him, he looked slightly apprehensive but I sighed before nodding and walking back towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
did you like this chapter? tell me in the comment section! and subscribe while you're at it! =)
thanks for reading! <333