Status: Hiatus

Any Moment Everything Can Change

I Am Here

I arrived home early in the evening from training to find that all of my clothes and possessions were packed away in a few duffle bags. The smile faded from my face and I looked to my father. "Father, are we moving again?" I asked solemnly.
"Tashina, you know this already. We go where the market favors most. Now grab you're things, the carriage is waiting." and with that he grabbed his last suitcase, not bothering to help with mine. I picked up my own bags and followed him briskly out the door, cautious not to get ahead or behind him, but to keep up with his pace perfectly. If I didn't it would possibly mean me getting beat harder when we got to the new house.
When we got to the carriage on the main road I stuffed my duffle bags on a shelf and made sure that they wouldn't fall. After seccuring everything on the shelves I sat down tight to the wall, in the far corner where Father wasn't. Leaning my head on the wall, I curled up into a mock fetal possition just like I did every night and drifted off to sleep.
The warmth on my face awoke me from my slumber. Opening my eyes, I winced when I saw the sun's rays. I had been living in the dark village for 5 years where it is always as dark as the dead of night. I hadn't had time though, to let my eyes adjust to the brightness of the long forgotten sun, as Father started yelling at me to start unsecuring our things as we were almost at our destination.
I looked out of the window and saw a silver haired, masked man who should be in his early fourties, and three children who should be about my age. The first had pink hair and wore a clashing red shirt with an ivory skirt and dark green shorts underneath; the second had golden blonde hair and wore a bright orange and black jump suit; and the last had black hair that spiked in the back and wore a similar outfit to the silver haired man, but did not wear a mask or have long sleeves and his vest was grey, not green. Father came and looked out at what held my attention. "Tashina get in the carriage and shut the curtains!" he bellowed.
I obeyed quickly and shut the curtain over the window. That would hurt tonight. "Yes, Father." I said to him meekly, in my monotonous voice.
"Tashina, you will not converse with any of those people, or any one that you see them with. Do you hear me?" he ordered in his gruff voice.
"Yes Father." I said again. Taking a chance, I then asked him a question, "Father, who are they?"
His glare focussed on me as he then said, "The older man was Hatake Kakashi and the blonde boy was Uzumaki Naruto. If they ever found out who you are, they would make sure that I never saw you again. And we woundn't want that to happen, now would we?" and he produced a malicious grin on his face. I shook my head in complience, a frown set deeply in my face.
The carriage stopped and Father got out, "Hurry up you worthless piece of shit." he said to me. A frown still set on my face I nodded and followed. This was just the way my life was. He says jump, I sorrowfully ask him how high. If I break the chain, it just means I get more bruises. As it was it was hard enough to explain the ones I got nightly to any friends I get. I know for a fact that neither Haru or Kaminari believed it for a second. I did eventually tell them though.
Looking at the building in front of me I saw that we were at the Hokage's Manor. We had one like it in the dark village for our feudal lord. Following Father, we entered and went directly into the Hokage's office. Their leader was a woman in her thirties I'm assuming, with platimun blonde hair and a serious face. "Ah, Tazne. I see you have finally arrived. And this is your young daughter, I'm assuming?" I bowed to her in respect as my father and her conversed.
Not so long later I heard the woman, Tsunade-sama, ask my father to leave so she could talk to me for a while. "Tashina, I can see you've grown into a lovely young woman, and I'll guess a great ninja as well." she said kindly.
"Thankyou Lady Tsunade." I responded to her, bowing once more. My voice was still in it's monotonous tenor, and I saw that my lifeless expression raised a few questions.
"You know, Tashina, your mother and I were once great friends. In fact, she was burried here. And you know what else? I'm also your Godmother. Now tell me, you're a teenager and you act as though you're a thirty year old slave. Why is this? Don't be shy, I just want to help you." she said to me, concern showing deep in her chocolate brown eyes.
I hesitated. If Father found out that I told someone that he did not allow to know, I would be hurt. There would be nothing I could do to stop his beatings. He would tie me down for sure, and beat my within an inch of death and be sure that I suffered. Though, while all of this and more ran through my mind I failed to notice that I was hyperventalating and in hysterics. I snapped out of it and focused on slowing my breathing to a normal rate. Once I had accomplished that, everything else fell into place.
"Okay Tashina, I know something's wrong. Just tell me, I'm here to help you. I promise, I won't tell Tazne about anything that you say." she said rubbing my back in what was supposed to be a comforting motion. But what Tsunade didn't know was that only a few days ago I had been flung into a tree by father, and now my entire back was bruised baddly and a small bone had been fractured. So as soon as she touched my back I yelled and tears came to my eyes.
"Please, don't touch my back." I said in a pained expression.
"Tashina, I need to look at your back. You sound like you're in pain. I'm a certified doctor, you can trust me." she said to me in an urgent tone. Nodding I lifted up the back of my shirt and let her see my back which was a dark purple. She brushed my long hair over my shoulder and took in a large breath of air in a gasp. "Tashina, who did this to you? I checked your ninja record before you arrived and you've only ever been on three D ranked missions. You don't get this kind of damage on any D rank mission, it's not right!" she paused before continuing, "Was it Tazne, Tashina?" and with those few simple words, I broke down completely. She comforted me as best she could without touching my back, or any other bruised spot she saw.
I looked out the large window in her office and saw that the sun was getting lower in the sky. I gasped, "Lady Tsunade, you really must forgive me, but I must go. If I don't then Father will be angry." She gave me a sad look but let me leave. I bowed to her respectfully and then ran out of the building and towards my new house.

I truely feared for Tashina's life. I knew for a fact that Tazne beat her mother, Kushina, regularily to the point where it was questionable whether she would live or die. She pulled through for years though, because she was scared of what he would do to her if she ever failed to comply with what he had to say. At one point he left for three years though and in that time she was free. She concieved and birthed her son Naruto and got engaged to Hatake Kakashi and concieved his child as well. Before she could birth her daughter here in Konoha though, Tazne came back and took her away. Three years later her body came here and was badly bruised and showed terrible signs of being beaten. The ninja that had brought it here to be burried had told me that she had commited suicide because she couldn't bare the pain of the beatings any longer. The ninja had also mentioned that her daughter, Tashina, had been left behind in the care of Tazne.
For years I had been trying to find them and find a way to bring Tashina back here to Konoha, to where I, her godmother, Kakashi her father and Naruto her brother were. Unfortunately her godfather, Dan, had died shortly after Tazne took Kushina away. It was only luck that Tazne had brought her here now, and I wouldn't put this time to waste.
I summoned two ANBU ninja to my office. "Yes Tsunade-sama?" they said when they arrived.
"I want you to stand out side of the Bakteme residence. I have reason to believe that there are great accounts of abuse being carried out there. Report back should anything happen, after you've stabilized the situation. Now go, the abuse could be occuring as we speak!" I commanded them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keeping in mind I wrote the first few chapter about 1.5 years ago...