Status: Hiatus

Back To The Past

Sneaking Away

That night was much the same as the one before, but I had now been gone an entire day and no one would know where I'd gone. I decided that it was probably best for me to go home for the time being, at least long enough to explain what I'd been up to and why I had disobeyed my mother.
I waited for the dead of the night. I didn't want to worry anyone with my disappearance, and I didn't want to be followed. I was a very private person and hated when people stuck their nose into my business, but sometimes it just couldn't be helped. I was certain that everyone was sleeping, and the fire was out when I'd left. I made my way to the well that I now just vaguely remembeed cllimbing out of a day ago and tried my best not to be too noticeable.
Upon reaching the wooden frame of the well I took one look back at the peaceful village trying to commit it all to memory incase I should never come back. And then I jumped to the other side.
On the other side of the well everyone was sleeping as I had suspected they would be. I quickly left a note for them explaining what I had been up to and why. I said I planned to stay in the feudal era with Kagome so that I could watch after her. No one was awake to protest my decision. I left the piece of paper on the kitchen counter and crept up the stairs to get a change of clothes.
I ended up opting for something similar to what I was already wearing but more durable, and also took a smalll sack with a change of warmer clothes, and a blanket and pillow for colder nights. I stashed a two small daggers in a side pocket on my quiver and grabbed a large water bottle. The clothes I was wearing now were black spandex shorts, deep green tank top and a grey camouflage, pleated skirt. I pulled leather gloves without fingers over my hands and slipped on more durable footwear. This was the same as leaving for school, I didn't know when or if I would be back, but I didn't mind being on my own now. I had learned from it at school and I believe that this is the ideal circumstance for me to be in after all of my training.
With one last look at my still dusty room I shut the door behind me and left back for the well.