Status: Hiatus

The Library In the Back Room

Brought to You by the Letter 'A'

“Aaden is ‘awesomazing?’” Aleks read aloud. Aaden looked up at him.
“What?” She asked. Aleks lifted his Apple and showed Aaden her Facebook page.
“Aaden is awesomazing,” he read again. Aaden nodded.
“Yes,” she said simply. Aleks smiled.
“Is awesomazing even a word?” He asked. Aaden nodded.
“Yes, it means me,” she said. Aleks laughed lightly. Aaden gave him a look. “Look it up,” she said. Aleks typed the word into Wikipedia. A picture of Aaden loaded onto the screen.
“You went to the University of Everything?” Aleks asked. Aaden smiled and nodded. Aleks shrugged and shook his head. “Why?” He asked. Aaden gave him a look.
“Why what?”
“Why make this Wikipedia page?” He asked, “Why invent this university, for kicks?”
“I made it because I’m epic and I don’t make sense,” She said with utter confidence. Aleks scratched his head.
“Where is it located?” He asked.
“Someplace between seventeen and chocolate pudding,” Aaden said. Aleks became more confused.
“How do I get there?” He asked, half playing along, half curious.
“There is a long and difficult mathematical equation for that,” she said. Aleks nodded.
“What about alumni? Who else went there?” He asked.
“The alumni, like myself, are part of a secret society,” Aaden said. Aleks raised an eyebrow.
“A secret society?”
“No. Forget the last five minutes of your life,” Aaden said. She watched as Aleks blinked multiple times.
“What were we talking about?” He asked, confused. Aaden smiled.
“How awesomazing I am,” she said. Aleks gave her a look.
“Is that even a word?” He asked. Aaden nodded without saying anything. Aleks rubbed his chin.
“What do awesomazing people do?” He asked jokingly. Aaden grinned.
“We eat bananas and give classes in hopes of spreading our uber coolness around the globe.” Aleks’s raised his eyebrows.
“Really?” He asked. Aaden shook her head.
“No, I’m kidding about the banana thing,” she said. Aleks started typing at his computer again. Aaden continued. “I also write from time to time, but it’s total garbage,” she said. Aleks looked up from his laptop.
“No, that impossible,” he said, “It’s scientifically proven awesomazing people can’t be terrible writers.” Aaden shrugged.
“Science hasn’t met me yet. I’m the exception to all scientific laws,” she said, smiling, “Including gravity.” Aleks played along.
“Then what keeps you hear on Earth? I don’t see any strings holding you to your desk,” he said.
“I keep myself here, it’s one of my many talents,” Aaden said, “The Earth’s magnets are attracted to me, as are compasses.” Aleks just stared.
“I thought compasses were attracted to the North Pole,” he said. Aaden shook her head.
“No, that’s a common misconception,” she said. Aleks nodded in disbelief.
“Mhmm,” he said. Aaden’ eyes grew wide.
“Really! All compasses lead to Aaden,” Aaden said, “This was scientifically proven by Einstein, but he was greedy,” she said, the expression on her face as if this were an actual memory. “He didn’t want to world to love me so much, so he lied and said that compasses were attracted to Santa,” Aaden said. Aleks just eyed her from his desk. Aaden watched his expression from across the desk. “Forget the past five minutes of your life,” she started, “I make an excellent bean dip.” Aleks blinked, and then suddenly widened his eyes with excitement.
“Sweet! Can you make me some?”