It Was All Sympathy and Simple Words of Nothingness

Sixteen.

I couldn't believe that Danny would stoop so low. Low enough to make me cry; I never cried. Never. No one ever went there with me. I wasn't a whore, I enjoyed some things when I got them, which was often. But I never fucked guys that I didn't know. I wasn't loose either, I wasn't tight. I was normal. Well, as normal as I could get.

I slammed the front door behind me and went straight for the liquor cabinet that was recently stocked up. It was wiped out from the party, Jess went and got more. Just for me.

I grabbed a smaller bottle of Jack Daniels and another six pack of Yuengling. I went to the couch, turned on the stereo, blasting Suicide Silence's new album. I cracked open the bottle and a beer and leaned back after lighting up a cigarette.

I had tears streaming down my face. I mean honestly, wouldn't you be upset and pissed if someone said that to you? Fuck me. I needed to get fucked up.

The front door opened and Ben walked in the house, a sad and guilty expression on his face.

"Josie, I am so, so sorry. I shouldn't have locked you in there with him. I didn't know he was gonna make you cry. I thought you guys would just talk it out," he said, sitting next to me, reaching for the remote and the bottle.

"Touch them and you die," I said in a deathly calm voice.

Ben retreated his hands and put them in his lap.

"Danny called me a fucking whore. And he told me I was loose. I'm not in the God damn mood to talk. What I'd like to do right now is drink until I can't see, if you don't mind," I spoke and took another gulp of Jack, chasing it with the beer.

Ben gasped. "He didn't!"

"He fucking did, Ben!" I snapped.

"Im-"

"Don't you dare apologize. Don't you fucking dare," I spat and took another gulp, larger than the last.

"Well, I'm sorry for bothering you," he looked down and then left.

I went through the six pack and bottle within an hour. And I could still see. I had another bottle and another six pack and went outside by the pool.

I put my feet in the water and laid back with my drinks. I glanced next door and saw Sam and Mowglie yelling at a guilty looking Danny.

I smirked, drank more, and lit another cigarette.

Jess walked through the gate and saw me. She looked extremely pissed.

"What did he say to you?" She demanded.

"He called me a whore and said I was loose," I said slowly, due to the alcohol.

"Well, he's getting an earful from Mowglie and Sam.. are you drunk, Josephine?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes, I'm very drunk, Jessifer," I giggled.

Jess sat next to me and popped open a beer. I put my head in her lap.

"Danny feels bad, you know," she said and played with my hair.

"Good, he should," I said and took a swig. My vision was finally going blurry.

"I don't think he deserves it," she said quietly.

"Yes he does, Jess! I didn't say anything hurtful towards him! He fired it all at me! I wanted to avoid talking to him until I wanted to! You guys forced this on us!" I said, sitting back up.

"But-"

"Jess, please don't. Please. I don't need this right now. I will come around eventually," I said and stood up with the bottle.

"Josie.. you're gonna fall in the pool," Jess said and tried steadying me. Her grabbing my leg resulted in me falling in the pool, fully clothed with the bottle in tact and above water. I would never lose a bottle of Jack.

"Oh fuck!" Mowglie yelled from next door and started laughing.

I sputtered a bit and came to the edge of the pool where Jess sat, clutching her sides from laughing.

"That was priceless," she wheezed.

"Shut the fuck up!" I whined and finished the bottle.

To put my state in simpler words, I was going to end up sleeping in the pool unless a male species got me out.