It Was All Sympathy and Simple Words of Nothingness

Two.

More than a few hours later, I woke up to my cell phone ringing next to my bed. My arm extended to the night stand and grabbed the screaming phone.

"Hello?" I answered, still in a daze.

"Josie! Its Lyd. Where'd you put the spare key? Its not under the pot," Lydia, my older, wiser sister, spoke into the phone.

"Its on the back porch, where its always been. On top of the door, where the trim is," I said and rolled onto my back.

"Oh! Got it, I'll be up in a few," and she hung up.

I tossed my phone onto the bed and realized that there was little-to-no sound coming from the British asshole next door. I sat up and looked the the clock; 1:34 p.m in bright red numbers.

"Josie!" Lydia yelled ad I heard her foot steps going up the stairs.

"I'm in my room!" I yelled, she came back down stairs and opened my bedroom door.

"Why are you still in bed?" she gave me a knowng look.

"Because I didn't get home until six.. and some British fucktards woke me up at eight," I said and stood up, I towered over her by four inches, she was only five feet, two inches, I was five feet, six and a half inches.

"Why?" she asked again, tapping her foot.

"Because I was out drinking! And then the new-"

Lydia cut me off, "The new neighbors seemed nice, don't bring them into this."

"What the fuck, Lyd! I've given them names, it goes like this; Jackass, Toothpick, Plug boy, Truck boy, and Bull-ring boy. They woke me up at eight this morning!" I said and started towards my bathroom.

"And why did you give them names? They did nothing to you," she said.

"Like hell they didn't! They woke me up at eight!" I said and slammed the bathroom door.

Mowglie and Jess called me earlier, saying that they should be home Saturday, it was Tuesday. They also said that I should have drinks ready for them, lots and lots, as Jess put it. Then Jess went on about how southern Mowglie's family was, and Mowglie went on about how proper Jess' was.

I told them about the new neighbors, they didn't seem to fond of them, and they hadn't even met. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

Lydia left after she cooked me lunch of a hot dog and french fries, and made me promise I wouldn't be a total bitch to the neighbors.

Josie Smoke made no promises.

At about five, I decided to be somewhat nice and introduce myself properly. I put on my outfit for the night of work I had, which included black pumps and a "t-shirt" dress. After grabbing my bag, I walked outside and put my stuff in the car, then headed next door.

"Well, if it ain't the brat!" Jackass swung open the door.

"Look, don't get me pissed off before I have to go to work. I came to properly introduce myself," I said and out my hands on my hips.

"And?" he leaned on the door frame, beer in hand.

"Fine, fuck you," I turned and started back home when one of the other guys yelled for me to stop.

"Don't listen to Danny! He's just a prick. I'm Sam," he stuck out his hand; he was truck boy.

"I'm Josie," I offered a smile.

"The other guys are inside, did you want me to get them?" he asked, using his thumb to point towards the house.

"Nah, I'll meet 'em another time, I gotta get to work," I said. "It was nice to meet you."

"Where do you work?" he called as I opened my car door.

"I work at Rox, the bar downtown," I got in and started the car.

"Maybe we'll come by!" he called, I drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
In reality, Mowglie and Jess DO NOT drink, nor will they ever.
It just works better for them to in this story; you'll find out later.