It Was All Sympathy and Simple Words of Nothingness

Three.

My shift was from 5:30 p.m until closing, which was usually 3:00 a.m. I was the manager, so I had to be there four days a week for the night shift, once a week for the day shift, and check on things another day. I picked the days I went in, I did the schedules.

Currently, it was 10:24 p.m, the bar was almost packed full. I saw a group of five guys walk in the door; the British guys next door.

"Josie!" Sam yelled, heading to me, the others following him.

"What can I get ya?" I asked, leaning on the bar.

"Jack Daniels!" stick-boy yelled.

"A bottle, or round of shots?" I asked.

"Which is cheaper?" he asked.

"A bottle," I said.

"A bottle of Jack it is!" he smiled and they all took a seat at the bar.

I walked to the other end of the bar and grabbed a fresh bottle and six shot glasses, five for the boys, one for me.

"Don't be a prick, Danny," stick-boy smacked Danny's arm.

I put the bottle on the bar in front of them and opened it, pouring the six shots.

"Can I get names.. so I don't have to call you what I named you?" I smirked.

"You met me earlier," Sam started down the line. "This is Ben," the stick-boy, "Cam," plug-boy, "James," bull-ring, "And then, Danny," he was the jackass.

All the boys picked up their shot glasses, raised them, clinked them together, and we all downed the shots.

2:45 a.m rolled around, I was tired, tipsy, and being bugged by the boys constantly. Hello, I was at work, not at home. I couldn't party.

Then, there was Jacob, the kid under my belt, who was drunk off his ass. But, he was off tonight, so that was okay, I'd give him a ride home. He was running around and jumping on tables, screaming that he was a super gladiator Spartan ninja. It was quite the sight, and he had the guys rolling on the floor in laughter.

"Josie! We're leaving! But we want you to come over when you get home! Either your house or Danny's! We wanna party!" Ben yelled as they headed towards the door.

I waved them off and turned my attention towards Jacob. "Jacob! Get your ass over here!"

Jacob pouted, "Why!"

"Because I have to lock up and take you home," I said and he sat in a bar stool.

I ushered the remaining people out. I grabbed my bag, put it and Jacob into my car, and locked the doors.

I got Jacob safely home, safely into bed, and headed back to the house. Danny and Ben were on Danny's front porch drinking and smoking. My kinda guys, I thought and got out of the car.

"Josie! Come over!" Ben waved his arm.

"Let me change!" I said and started unlocking my door.

"You look fine! Just put your bag in the house!" Danny yelled.

I grumbled to myself and set the bag on the table by the front door and headed next door. Ben greeted me with a beer and lit cigarette. I only smiled; this boy has known me for eight hours and he knows the drill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback, pretty please?(: