Status: Found a new co-writer.^_^

Painting Flowers

I’m Hoping For the Chance to Make it All Right.

I grabbed a duffle bag from under my bed. Why I put that duffle bag there, I’ll never know. It was the day Gabbi and I going up to the cabin. Luckily, it was very early and I don’t know if Gabbi was up yet. I grabbed some shirts and jeans. I grabbed a pair of black jeans, and then slipped them on. Then I grabbed an orange T – shirt and slipped it over my head.

I grabbed my sweatshirt, pulled it over my head, and then grabbed my bag. Glancing over at Valerie’s bed, I noticed that she wasn’t there.
Valerie, where are you? I groaned in my head. She was either lying on some douche’s couch, or she was dying in a gutter.

Shaking my head, I put the thought of my bitchy roommate dying in the back of my head.

I was going to have fun with Gabbi, but not the perverted kind of fun.

When I walked out the door, duffle bag in hand, I jumped. Gabbi was standing next to my door.
I didn’t expect her to wake up at 6:00 AM.
“Hey, Gabbi,” I said.
“Hey, Charlie,” she said, smiling at me. I smiled back.

“You ready?” she asked as we walked down the hallway.

“Yep.” I replied. I followed Gabbi out into the parking lot. She walked over to a Prius. Slightly puzzled, I asked, “Gabbi, where did you get that car?”
“My roommate Clara is letting me borrow it. She has nothin’ to do for fall break and I asked if I could borrow it. She was being nice and let me borrow it.” Gabbi explained.

I nodded.

I tossed my bag in the backseat and then sat down in the passenger seat.
“So, Charlie, tell me about yourself.” Gabbi said as she started up the car. I thought about how I could explain myself without telling her that I’m a lesbian.
“Well,” I began, “I’m from Maine. I used to work at a Hot Topic. I got all right grades, but I would usually rebel from some classes and hang out with the straight guys and gay guys. I wasn’t really friends with any girls; one of the boys, I guess.” I said, shrugging.

Gabbi nodded. “And tell me about yourself, Gabbi.” I said.
“Well, I haven’t really dated any guys. Actually, I only dated one guy, but he was a total dickhead. Plus, he tried to rape. The bastard. Anyway, I asked my parents to send me and here I am.” She said.

“Interesting. Your ex sounds like a total dick. I used to know some guys like that. They stared at my boobs all day and tried to grab my ass. It was rather quite awkward and very annoying.” I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“We’re here!!” Gabbi said suddenly, making me jump. She stopped the car and took the keys out of the ignition.
I hopped out of the car and grabbed my bag out of the back.

Gabbi unlocked the cabin. I followed right behind her. The cabin was nice and cozy. It had a fire place. A large rug that covered the area between the fire place and the white couch.
I smiled as I walked into the cabin. Gabbi went back out.

She came back in with the suitcase filled with food that my parents bought for us.
“What a cozy little cabin,” I said, plopping down on the white couch. I noticed that there was a TV positioned over the fire place. The remote was sitting on the table next to the couch.
“Nice, eh?” Gabbi asked, sitting down next to me. I nodded.

I suddenly got a lump in my throat. Gabbi was sitting very close to me.
“So, Charlie,” Gabbi began, turning his body toward me, “how’s everything?” I couldn’t take it anymore.

Before either of us even knew it, I was kissing Gabbi! I was enjoying it, but I need to stop!
Stop kissing her, you dunder head!! I screamed in my head. Reluctantly, I pulled away from her, looking down at my sneakers. Gabbi appeared slightly shocked and appalled. I got to my feet and then ran into one of the rooms.

I quickly locked the door. And then began pacing back and forth. “I am so stupid! She’s probably straight. She probably only likes me as a friend. Gaaah! I’m confused and stupid. Damn those fucking drugs I took, then quit a long time ago. They probably did some weird thing to my brain that makes me act all blunt and shit. I have no brain!” I said, flopping down on my bed.

I pressed my hand to my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut. “How can I be so stupid? She’s probably running away, screaming bloody murder. Ugh… why can’t I just not like boys or girls?” I asked myself. I pulled my hand away from my forehead and laid it down on my bed.

Where’s someone to say, “I told you so” when you need them? I groaned, rubbing my forehead. I was starting to get a headache. Too many thoughts! I groaned angrily, yet again, then got up from the bed, and began pacing back and forth again, racking up everything that just happened in my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really care for the ending of this chapter, but it was all right.

Feedback and subscribe, please! =)