Status: As much as I am able to update I will

Never Again

chapter 9

I jumped as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I dug it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. It was Rose! I smiled and then opened the phone. “Rose, you have no idea the night I’ve had,” I said into the phone.

I waited for Rose’s response but there was no noise over the line. “Hello?” I asked in a worried voice “Rose, are you there?”

There was still no answer. I was about to hang up the phone and go inside when I heard a voice. “Hello Katelyn, it’s nice to hear from you again,” a man’s voice said with a dark laugh.

My whole body stiffened at the sound of his voice, it was him the same man who had abducted and tortured me last year.

“Hellooooo, Katelyn are you there? You shouldn’t ignore people,” by this time I had collapsed on the front porch and was on my knees.

“What do you want?” I whispered into the phone my voice was barely audible. He must have heard me though because he responded with one word “You.” At that word a chill ran down my spine, but with that came a burst of courage also. “You know what? Fuck you!” I yelled this at him and then hung up.

Right after that I called Michael’s cell and exclaimed “Michael I need you here. Now!”

“Okay Katie, just calm down and tell me what’s going on,” Michael said trying to soothe me. I told him about the phone call and asked him if I should call the police.

“No, don’t call the police,” he responded. His voice sounded grim.
“What? Why not?” I asked confused.

He sighed “Katie I know you’re probably under a lot of stress right now and that’s why it didn’t occur to you, but the guy called from Rose’s phone meaning Rose is probably somewhere with him.”

I gasped, he was right. I hadn’t even thought of the fact that Rose was the one I thought had been calling.

“Katie, Katie!” Michael screamed this last word dragging me out of my reverie.

“Yeah, I’m here,” I said into the phone.

“Okay, well like I said before don’t call the police because if he finds out, Rose is as good dead.”

“Okay, but what do I do until you get here?” I asked him.

“Stay where you are and try to call him and find out where Rose is. I should be there in three minutes, bye.”

I said “bye,” and hung up the phone before dialing Rose’s number.

“Hello Katelyn, you know young ladies shouldn’t curse like you did.” the man said over the phone.

I didn’t bother with pretenses “What the hell did you do to Rose?” I screamed this into the phone.

“And here you are cursing again,” he said with a sigh as if disappointed.

“Answer me!” I screamed getting tired of his ramblings.

“If you must know she is right here by me.” I heard the phone shifting.

I heard Rose’s frightened voice saying “Katie?”

“Rose!” I exclaimed but it was too late he was already back on the line speaking to me.
“Now Katelyn, listen very carefully I don’t want to have to repeat myself. Do you know where the park is?”

“Yes,” I said. How could I forget? I thought that’s where I was walking from when you kidnapped me.

He was speaking again interrupting my thoughts “I will be waiting at the park for you with Rose. Don’t bring anyone else or I’ll kill her, is that understood?”

“Yes,” I whispered back to him strain obvious in my voice.

“Then I’ll see you soon,” after that he hung up and the line went dead.

Just as I put the phone back in my pocket I saw Michael coming down the street in his car. He pulled up to my house and I got in his car while telling him everything that had been said on the phone. After that we started towards the park, going to meet a killer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay I've been really caught up at school but I plan to update more often now. =D

Tell me what you think about the story! Please comment!!