Here Comes Your Man

Chp 11

Pyper smiled as she watched a group of girls, who looked to be around her age, giggle and snap pictures as they tried on the variety of tacky, stereotypical Hawaiian hats (that no Hawaiian would actually ever wear) but that the shop seemed to have an ever-lasting supply of.

Usually this type of shameless tourist behavior would annoy Pyper to no end (Come on, does everyone really need to take a picture with a coconut bra on? I’m looking at you drunk college frat boys) but today she found it oddly amusing. She even offered to take a picture for the cackling girls as they all tried on some flamingo shaped glasses. (After which, Russ brought her in the back to ask her if everything was alright because he had never seen her act so accommodating). Pyper wasn’t even sure where this change of heart had come from but if she had to put money on it, she was pretty sure it had to do with a certain red head.

“Holy cow, is that Shaun White?!”

Pyper was shaken out of her thoughts by one of the girls who was standing next to the cash register, looking at a picture that was leaning up against it. Pyper looked down, following the girl’s gaze, and smiled as she realized what picture the girl was referring to.

It was of her & Shaun sitting on the sand as the sun was setting, casting a surreal pink glow on the waves and sky behind them. Though the landscape was beautiful, it wasn’t what made it a great picture. That trait had to be attributed to what she & Shaun were actually doing. Pyper was sitting on Shaun’s lap, looking at the camera and laughing while he had his arms wrapped around her, looking at her as though he were holding the most precious thing in the world in his arms.

When Reagan had taken the picture & it popped up on the preview screen, she had gasped and showed it to Pyper the minute they were alone. Pyper had stared at it incredulously as Reagan giggled.

“Now that’s what a man in love looks like” She had said. Pyper had just brushed it off at the time but the thought still liked to buzz around in her head…

Pyper was broken out of her thoughts as she realized the asker of the question and her friends were all looking at her with expectant faces.

She cleared her throat, “Um, yeah. Yeah it is”

The girls squealed and all gathered around closer. Apparently this was more interesting than the coconut bras & grass skirts that they had been eyeing.

“Oh god, he is so. Honestly, that’s the only reason I watch the winter Olympics” One of the blondes said as she came up to take a closer look at the picture. “Are you guys like, together?” She asked, a sudden redness growing on her cheeks due to her previous statement.

Pyper wasn’t sure what to say to this. Yes, obviously, they were dating but was she supposed to tell people? She hadn’t been instructed not to, but Shaun was far away from the people that would guide him otherwise. Were there specific rules to dating a sports star that
she didn’t know about?

Ah, what the hell…

“Yeah, we are”

There was a chorus of “awwws” and Pyper couldn’t help the large smile that spread across her face.

“That’s so cool!” One of the girls gushed. Pyper was about to respond when the wind chime over the door rung.

“Pyper, I have something to tell you!” Shaun walked in like a man on a mission until he noticed he had 10 other pairs of eyes looking at him as well. “Woah…”

He looked around the usually empty shop that now seemed to be filled with good looking girls.

Shaun locked eyes with the best looking girl of all, who just shrugged and laughed as he was suddenly bombarded by the tourists.

Compliments about his hair and his career were flying left and right and Pyper watched in astonishment as her boyfriend answered each one with a polite humbleness that even his harshest critics would have to give him credit for.

When the girls finally left, carrying bags of merchandise (for some reason Shaun’s presence had made the girls find the need to try on every bikini in the store), he sauntered over to the counter where Pyper was waiting for him, a smile playing on her face.

When Shaun reached her he enveloped her into his arms as she sighed contently, pressing her head against his chest.

“What are you all smirky for?” He teased as he leaned down to press a sweet kiss to her lips.

She tasted like the mango lip balm that she was constantly applying and though Shaun teased her about the habit, it was one of the tastes that he longed for when they were apart.

“Honestly, I’m just a ittle jealous” She replied as she looped her index fingers through his belt loops, pulling their bodies closer.

“Oh yeah?” He looked down at her and asked, not minding the shrinking amount of space between their lower halves.

“Yeah.” She said as a seductive smile spread across her face. She pulled her right index finger from out of the loop and motioned for him to bring his head down to hers. As he got closer she put her mouth close to his ear. “Seeing all those girls flaunt over you made me…” She paused for effect and tugged his belt loops again “…kinda hot

Shaun could barely think straight as she quickly grabbed the nape of his neck, smashing her mouth onto his in a hot, desperate kiss. Shaun pulled her close to him as he pressed her up against the register before grabbing her ass, forcing her to wrap her legs around him, as he placed her up on the counter.

The kiss grew in intensity as he ran his tongue along her lips, begging for entrance, which she quickly granted. She spread her knees, pulling him into the space that she created, and he kissed her harder to force back the groan that was building in his throat.

Her hands laced themselves in his unruly hair and she tugged gently, making Shaun emit a low guttural growl that Pyper immediately labeled as the sexiest sound she had ever heard.

It was getting pretty hot and heavy when the sound of the chime over the door made them break apart from each other as if they were magnets with opposite charges.

“Good God, I come in here for some sun block and I get a PG13 showing instead” Reagan teased as she sauntered into the store, tossing Pyper’s keys onto the counter next to her.

Pyper rolled her eyes and reluctantly pushed Shaun away as she hopped off the counter. Though she was thoroughly embarrassed she was so grateful that it had only been Reagan and not a customer. She was never one to get carried away like that and she wondered how Shaun had the power to make her lose her inhibitions so completely. She hadn’t decided if she liked that yet…

“Well I better go, Louie wanted to go skate this afternoon” Shaun said as he conveniently but rather obviously tried covering his crotch with his hoodie.

“Wait, didn’t you come here to tell me something?” Pyper asked.

“Um…it can wait.” He said hastily.

He did want to tell her that he loved her, but the romantic mood had been ruined by their
hasty and hot session, leaving him with a current ‘situation’ in his pants, not to mention the fact that he didn’t need Reagan to be a witness to his confession, either.

“Alright. Well, I’ll see you tonight then?” She asked, rather confused. It wasn’t like Shaun to be so...awkward.

“Yep. Later”

Reagan looked at Pyper as the door closed.

“That was weird” Reagan stated the obvious.

“Yeah, it really was”

“Want to go try on the coconut bras?”

“Sure”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so here’s the next chapter! I would love to know what you think or if you have any suggestions, so please comment if you do! <3 Jess