Here Comes Your Man

Chapter 16

Pyper poked her head around the door of her room, glancing into the hallway. Though she felt a little silly she was always weary of waltzing around a new place freely, even if it was her boyfriend’s insanely large house. You never knew what private matters you could walk into or what crazy antics might be a foot, and after hearing some crazy stories of Shaun and his friends, she just wanted to be prepared.

After their impromptu pool party had finished yesterday, they had headed back out to get their luggage and then Pyper had followed Shaun up a massive curved staircase that led to the upstairs. He turned to the first door on the right and swung it open, revealing a clean, spacious guest room with an attached balcony and what looked to be a large walk-in closet.

“So this is your room where you’ll be staying and I’ll be staying in my room, which is right down the hall”

His eyes got big as if he had just thought of something.

“I didn’t mean that like I don’t want to share a room with you” He said in a rush “Cause I totally do! It’s just that this gives you more privacy and I thought that maybe…”

Pyper put her hand on his chest, effectively stopping him.

“It’s great” She smiled up at him, relishing in the fact that she could make him just as flustered as he could to her. “I get it”

And she did. Although this was by far the most amazing and comfortable relationship she had ever been in, it was also the most nerve wrecking. There was so much to lose on both sides if anything went wrong and she was determined to see to it that nothing did.

Although they had technically slept together, they hadn’t yet “slept” together and though Pyper knew that she definitely wanted to eventually, she had told herself that she wasn’t going to rush into it like she had in relationships past. She knew that by letting her have her own space, Shaun was letting her know that it was up to her when they shared a bed and she loved him even more for that.

She smiled as she remembered this and started walking down the stairs when she heard a huge crash in what was most likely the kitchen and then a loud profanity after that.

She hurried down the rest of the steps and ran around the corner.

“Shaun? Are you alri…?” But before she could finish she had busted out laughing.

Shaun was sitting on the kitchen floor with an array of various pots and pans of different sizes sprawled around him, looking much like a little kid who had gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Shut up” He said before she could say anything which just sent her into another fit of giggles. He pushed himself off the floor and started to put the pots back into the cabinet.

“How did you sleep?”

Pyper’s laughter slowly ceased and she decided to, mercifully, go along with the subject change.

“Oh I slept great, it’s just…”

“What?” He interrupted, concerned

Well…when I was stepping into the shower this morning I was thinking to myself that I really need more TV in my life…” She said in mock seriousness as she jumped up on one of the kitchen bar stools.

“And then BAM! I look to my right and there’s a frickin’ TV right there! It was like a miracle, now I can catch up on Sex & the City reruns while I condition my hair. I don’t know how I ever went without one!” She teased.

He chuckled, relieved that nothing had really displeased her about his place, at least not this soon of her being here.

“I know, I know, it’s a bit ridiculous” He admitted as he walked over to the island, leaning over it so he could give her a peck on the lips “but when I got the place I told my sister that she could have free reign with the decorating and she went a bit…overboard”

“Well I’ll let it slide as long as you don’t have one of those robot vacuums running around” Pyper chuckled and glanced up at him to see him giving her a guilty look.

“Shut up!” She said in astonishment.

“What?!” He threw his hands up in defense “sometimes it comes in handy!”

“Like when?” She challenged “On the days when you’re arms don’t work?”

Pyper busted out laughing and Shaun couldn’t help but laugh along with her. This was one of the many things he loved about their relationship; they could tease each other and she would just roll with it, unlike so many of his other girlfriends who he had to practically buy out a jewelry store to get her to talk to him again.

He shook his head with a smile, “So, what would you like for breakfast? It’s either cereal or…”

He opened the fridge and peered inside “potato salad, though I’m not quite sure how long that’s been in there…”

Pyper made a face, “cereal’s good”

“You sure? Cause we can go out if you want?”

She shook her head. “I’m sure”

He flashed her a heart-melting smile.

“Thanks babe, we’ll go to the grocery store afterwards, I promise”

Pyper felt silly but she was instantly excited; going grocery shopping seemed like such a couple-y thing to do.

“Wait, after what?” She asked, fully comprehending what he had said.

“I gotta go meet up with Bud, my coach, and pick up an important package”
Pyper’s eyebrow raised “important package?”

“Yeah, you’ll like it, I promise”

“Of that I have no doubt” Pyper said, giving him a wink and seductive smile hopping off the bar stool“I’m a big fan of your package”

Shaun choked on the water that he had been drinking.

'Boys…they’re too easy' Pyper thought, shaking her head and laughing as she walked back up to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
For clarification; robot vacuums are awesome.