Here Comes Your Man

Chapter 3

Pyper yawned as Ke$ha’s “Tik Tok” pumped through the speakers of the house for what seemed like the millionth time in the past 3 hours. From where she sat on the ledge of the patio, she could see that the party was still going on full force inside, with the more chill people, like herself, hanging out on the pool deck enjoying the waves. She strained her eyes to see the clock against the wall and groaned when she saw the time reading 2 A.M. She had to get up in five hours and she hadn’t even started to look for Reagan, which always took at least an hour. With a sigh she jumped down off the ledge and as soon as her feet hit the floor, someone ran smacked dab into her.

“Damn, I’m sorry. I’m new around here and don’t quite know my surroundings yet” The guy apologized as he immediately bent down and tried to wipe up what had spilled on the floor.

As he did this, Pyper took the chance to take him in.
For starters, there was no need for him to announce that he was new. His pale skin and unruly red hair did that for him loud and clear. Secondly, by what she could make out from his crouched over form, he seemed to be somewhat tall and slender. And not bad looking at all.
Pyper decided she’d stick around to see how this would unfold.

As the guy stood back up, his eyes bulged out as he saw the damage he had caused to her outfit.

“Oh man, I’m so sorry! I got it all over you!”

Pyper followed his eyes and found that yes; her dress had in fact been drenched by the contents of his cup: which, now that she was looking at it, seemed to have been filled with…

“Water?” She asked quizzically, looking back up at the man.
He nodded, feeling more embarrassed by the second.

“Wasn’t really in the mood for anything else tonight” He admitted.

Pyper smiled as she poured the contents of her cup on the plant beside them.

“Same”

They smiled at each other and Shaun could not stop staring at the beautiful woman in front of him.

Once he snapped back to reality, he decided he needed to do something to fix this.

“You’re being way too cool about this.” He admitted. “At least let me get you a new shirt or here, take mine!” He said nervously, while his hands fumbled quickly over the buttons.
Pyper smiled at his sweet chivalry, but couldn’t let him continue.

“Really, it’s fine” She said while placing her hand gently over his to stop its actions “I was actually on my way out, so it was perfect timing” She smiled. “Have a good rest of the night and just watch where you’re going next time” She playfully scolded before turning around and moving into the crowd.

Shaun stood there speechless.

He had just spilled his drink on what could very well be the hottest girl he had ever laid eyes on and she had been super sweet and chill about it. Any other girl he had known would probably have flipped out about a tiny drop of water on their outfit, let alone a whole cup. They would have bitched about it, make him pay for a new shirt, and bitched about it some more. But this girl had just smiled and blown it off. It was so unusual…not to mention outright sexy.

Now there were just two questions on his mind; who was that girl? and how was he ever going to find her again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Pyper! I’ve missed you!” Reagan slurred when she saw her best friend emerge from the crowd. She went to give Pyper a hug but went a little too far and started falling to the ground, before being saved by the guy that she had been leaning on. “Omg, what happened to your dress? Did you pee yourself?!” Reagan asked as if she hadn’t almost done a face plant
while scrunching her face in disgust.

“She is one classy drunk, isn’t she?” Pyper joked to the guy who was acting as Reagan’s life support “Hi, I’m Pyper”

The guy laughed.
“Louie” He said, sticking the hand that wasn’t being used to support Reagan out, for Pyper to shake.

“Nice to meet you Louie” Pyper replied, “You know Dane?”

“Yeah, we’re old friends. We met at an event in L.A. He pretty much saved my ass from drowning” He admitted with a laugh. “Decided I’d stick to snowboarding after that”

“You’re a snowboarder? That’s so cool!” Pyper exclaimed, trying hard to not be one of those fan girls but finding it hard not to “I’ve never actually even seen snow before” She admitted.

Louie’s mouth dropped open.
“Dude. That is tragic” He said with genuine concern “We will be fixing that ASAP. Hit me up when you come to the main states and we will correct that wrong which has been done to you”

Pyper laughed, “Sounds good”
She was about to continue her conversation with Louie when a groan came from next to them. They both looked over at Reagan who, by the looks of it, was feeling the effects of her drinks.

“Oops” Pyper said, as she helped pick up Reagan’s crumpled form from the floor and leaned her weight on her own body. “ I better get her home. It was nice to meet you Louie, how long are you staying?”

“Two weeks. My buddy & I are staying here to get a little sun and relaxation.”

“Ok sweet, well hopefully we’ll see ya soon” Pyper said, waving to him as she turned around and headed for the door.

Louie watched them go, not knowing just how true that statement would turn out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! They've met...now it's only a matter of time ;) what did you guys think? comments? criticism? let me know! <3 Jess