Here Comes Your Man

Chapter 4

But there's booze in the blender, And soon it will render, That frozen concoction that helps me hang on…Wastin’ away again in margaritaville, Searching for my lost shaker of salt, Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, But I know it's my own damn fault…”

Oh shit, I’ve died and gone to hell where they only play Jimmy Buffet!!!” Reagan thought as she was woken up by the tropical tune. She quickly shot up from the bed, relief flowing through her when she recognized the familiar teal walls of her own bedroom. Since the question of the eternal damnation of her soul had been resolved (at least for now), the only question was where that music was coming from.

She slowly crept her way out of her room and down the stairs, ignoring the throbbing headache she had thanks to last night’s party, most of which she couldn’t technically remember anyway.

When she got to the lower level of the house the music started o get louder. She followed it until it led her to the kitchen. She peeked around the corner, trying to go unnoticed, and was half-amused, half-appalled by the sight in front of her.

There was Pyper, in her pajamas, dancing and singing to Jimmy Buffet while making breakfast. The messy bun which held her long hair back bobbed up and down as she shimmied across the tile floor over to the blender, where she was making a smoothie.

Reagan stared at her in shock until the song went off and Pyper finally noticed her bewildered roommate staring at her in disbelief.

“Reagan, you’re up!” Pyper said happily as she bounced over to her roommate and gave her a hug. “Here, sit down. I made you breakfast”

Reagan plopped down at the kitchen table, too confused to protest, while Pyper placed a heaping plate of food in front of her.
“Eggs, toast, orange juice; the breakfast of champions” Pyper announced cheerfully, clearly pleased with herself.

“I thought Wheaties was the breakfast of champions?” Reagan commented, though Pyper just brushed her off. Reagan looked down at her plate and groaned “Ugh, it’s more like the breakfast to induce vomiting. Can I just have some aspirin and water?”

“Your wish is my command” Pyper chirped before springing up and into the kitchen.

Reagan gave her a weird look from the table.
“Ok, what’s gotten into you?”

“Can’t a girl just be happy on a beautiful morning like this?” Pyper asked innocently, batting her big doe eyes at Reagan as she handed her the pills.

“A normal girl? Yes. But you? No. I’d usually be pulling your ass out of bed at this time to get to work, but here you are being all Betty Crocker and shit. It’s weird.”

Pyper just shrugged, “I want to get some surfing in before work”
Reagan swallowed her pills as realization hit her.

“Oh my gosh, you met someone didn’t you!?” She squealed, completely forgetting about her headache. “That would totally explain all of this”

Pyper rolled her eyes.
“Good lord Rea, people can be happy without it having to do with the opposite sex. We’re not all like you” Pyper joked, though she mostly meant it.

“Fine. Don’t admit it. Keep it all bottled up inside, your choice. But just know that I’ll be watching you, Grant” Reagan said dramatically as she gestured to her eyes and then to Pyper “I’ll be watching you”

Pyper rolled her eyes and laughed at her best friends’ antics as she walked out the door.
Reagan could watch her all she wanted, because sadly, there was nothing to see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a house down the street a certain red head was just waking up from a not-so-restful night of slumber.

As Shaun surrendered to consciousness, he replayed last night’s events in his head, for what was probably the millionth time.

Arrived in Hawaii. Party at current place of residence. Met some cool people. Spilled drink on insanely hot girl. Let her get away without so much as a name…

Shaun groaned. So far, Hawaii had gone above and beyond Shaun’s expectations, but he was pretty sure Hawaii couldn’t say the same about him.

When he mustered up his strength, he threw is legs over the side of the bed and dragged his boxer-clad body over to the window. The view was truly one of the most beautiful he had ever seen. And that was saying a lot for a world traveler like himself.
He watched and listened to the waves as they lapped roughly against the shore. It was early, so not much was out to disrupt the calm serenity of the beach. Out in the distant he could see a lone surfer, moving across the waves with a grace and elegance he wasn’t used to in half-pipe.

He watched the surfer as the wave slowly brought them closer to the beach. Upon closer inspection, Shaun could now tell that it was a girl. That was definitely one thing that he had to give surfing over snowboarding, the girls we much more…under-clothed.
Not trying to be a creeper, Shaun tried to focus back on the beach, which lasted about a whole 5 seconds.

Dang, I need to get into surfing…Though she looks kinda familiar….no way…oh, hell yes!

Shaun could not control his excitement as he recognized the surfer girl to be the girl from the party last night. He ran to his suitcase pulling on some random shorts and ran down the stairs, through the house, and smack dab into a body.

' You’ve got to be kidding me' Shaun thought as he rebounded from the person and gained back his balance.

“Dude.” Louie stated, rubbing his eyes “It is way to early”

Shaun ignored him as he ran around Louie and out the back door, across the pool, until he finally felt the sand of the beach under his bare feet. He looked around slowly, trying not to seem like a complete psycho, in case she had seen his mad dash but when his eyes scanned the beach they found him to be the only person on the beach.

He heard an engine come to life and looked behind him just in time to see the back of a red jeep, complete with a surfboard, peel out and go around a corner, out of sight.
Shaun sighed as he trudged back inside.

“Dude, what was that about?” Louie asked as soon as he stepped through the sliding glass doors. Shaun looked at his friend and slumped down in a chair across from him.

“This girl I kinda met at the party last night. She was surfing but she was gone by the time I got out there” He said, glad that it didn’t sound quite as psycho as it actually was.

“You kinda met her?” Louie asked.

“Yeah, we talked…well ok, I actually spilled my drink on her, but she was super cool about it!” Shaun defended, though he didn’t know why. Louie wasn’t really one to judge. “But I didn’t get her name, she just peaced out”

Louie looked at his friend. He didn’t want to seem like a downer but, come on, he was freaking Shaun White! Everyone had heard of him at least once, even if they did live in a place where snow was like a foreign concept. So for a girl to just leave, Louie didn’t take that as a good sign.

“Well don’t worry about her, because we’re going out tonight.”

Shaun gave him a questioning look.

“Yeah, Dane wants to show us around a little bit. Go get dinner, hang out a little. It’ll be fun.” Louie said while taking a bite of his toast “Plus, I met some cool girls last night. He said that they’ll be there”

Shaun nodded. Though he was bummed about his mystery girl, he needed to accept that he had missed his chance.
Because everyone knows that chances like that don’t happen twice…
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3! This goes to HnnhLzbth because she's pretty much the coolest ! And everyone should read her SW story!...as if u don't already ;)
Anyways, comments? thoughts? brain farts? I wanna hear 'em!