Sincerely Yours

Friday, February 12th

Friday, February 12th
Mr. Austin Higgins
1905 Cottonwood Valley
Irving, TX 75038

Dear Austin,

I’m happy to report that I’m finally getting out of here tomorrow. How grand is that? I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever for this day to come and I just want to be in my own room, in my own bed, with my own friends and family.

I told James that I was sorry, and he forgave me. He said that he’s happy I’m getting out, and that he really wishes he could be going, too. I promised him to track down his sister and tell her how much he loves her and that he’ll be out of that shit hole as soon as he can be.

Mom’s coming to get me tomorrow early tomorrow morning and she said that she’s gonna take me out to go eat a big breakfast. I love how much she cares, and is acting like nothing’s going on. I miss her more than ever, and I can’t wait to see her beautiful face tomorrow.

I hope everything turns out the way I want them to… but they probably won’t since the one thing I want most is for you to write me back… I guess this’ll be my last letter to you forever. So I’d like to say: I miss you, Austin, and I just want to tell you one last time that I love you.

Sincerely yours forever,

Mallory Hawkins