Status: Waiting for Gemma's Chapter

Army Love

Nathan

And then she was gone.
Five months! Five whole months until I could see my Kaitlyn again and by that time she would have a big bump... my baby.
The car drove along the country roads tree’s flying by. I wan’t even taking notice of what the driver was saying all I could think about was that I was going to be a dad.
“Nathan?”
I snapped out of the daze. “Sorry, what did you say?”
“We are at the airport; your plane will be leaving in 10minuets. Here is your ticket”.
I took it from him and looked at where I was going, Iran. Iran the worst place you could get sent to.
What if I never came back?
What if I never got to see Kaitlyn and my baby ever again?
Before I knew it I was walking up the steps and taking my seat amongst my fellow troops. Who all greeted me with a warm hello and a pat on the back when I told them that Kaitlyn was pregnant. I found out that one of my best mate’s girlfriend was pregnant too and was due around the same time as Kaitlyn. At least she had someone she could rely on now as they were going through the same thing.
We arrived at the Iran airport and were put into action straight away while a car took our things to where we would be camping. Rich and I were put into the same team. We decided then that we would make a pact to keep each other alive for our babies’ sake’s. Then we were given our guns and helmets and were put into the forest.

- - - - - - - 2 Months later - - - - - -

Sweat was dripping off my face as my grip tightened on the trigger. My senses alert, eyes scanning for any sign of movement, ears straining to hear any sound. A twig breaking, a rustle of leaves, the trigger of a gun being pulled. Nothing. Rich was covering me from behind as I was him and thats when I hear it. A breaking twig I started firing in the direction where I hear the twig and heard a moan I had hit someone. With Rich covering me we ran to where the hit had been and found a man laying there, he wan’t quite dead and was trying to say something but I could’t understand because it was in a foreign language. With what seemed like a lot of struggle he pulled out a photo and showed it to me. It was a picture of a pregnant woman holding her belly and smiling at the camera. Something had been written on the photo but again was foreign although the x at the end I knew this was either his wife or girlfriend. It was then I realized that he would never get to see his unborn baby or his other half. His other half would never get to see him again; his baby would grow up without a dad.
I could’t let this happen to Kaitlyn I needed her so much. I would make sure I would get back to her and our baby. When I get back I will propose to her make her my wife. I don’t know why but I just had to.
Later that evening a sergeant came round with paper and pens telling us today would be the only chance we would have to right back home. So I got to it I needed to let her know how much I loved her.

Kaitlyn,
I love you so much baby, and I miss you each and every day. I cannot wait to be back with you and our baby.
How are you and baby doing? I miss you so much. Each day is hell without you here gorgeous.
I..i shot a man today he showed me a picture of his pregnant other half.. and it made me realize I need to get out of this alive for you. For us.
First thing we do when I get back is taking you to a jewelers and getting you an engagement ring. Will you Marry Me Kaitlyn? Will you make me the happiest man on the earth.

Only 3 months till I am back with you and bump. I miss you.
I love you Kaitlyn.
Nathan
X x x x x


I then put the letter in an envelope and addressed it to Kaitlyn. Then climbed into my bunk and fell straight to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's my half of the story guys sorry it took so long

Comment if you want Elli (Katlyn) to post her side.