Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 11

Making sure that Abi was secure in the stroller Andie gently lowered it down the three steps that led from the front door to the street before beginning her walk over to Brian’s house. As she walked, her mind wandered back to the previous evening. To be honest, it was all she’d thought about since Brian had kissed her good night on the doorstep.

To some, probably most, it would seem adolescent for a man in his thirties to have asked a girl to be his girlfriend, especially considering they already had a baby together. But to Andie, it had made her feel special. Loved. Loved by the man she was falling head over heals in love with. The man that made her happier than what she ever thought possible. The man she was starting to imagine spending the rest of her life with.

With a smile on her face, she reached up to ring the doorbell of Brian’s front door. she glanced at her watch as she waited for him to answer.

“You know I wouldn’t have minded if you’d let yourself straight in.” Brian said as he opened the door. Words failed Andie as she realised why Brian had taken so long to answer the door, her eyes wondering helplessly over his wet body, a towel wrapped low around his waist, his short hair dripping.

“Andie?” she shook the images from her mind as she heard him call her name.

“Hmm? Sorry?” she said with an embarrassed smile pushing Abi into the house, noticing the smirk he was wearing.

“Liking something you see Miss Jennings?” he murmured taking a step closer to her once he’s shut the door.

“Very much so.” She replied in a whisper as she bit her lower lip.

Brian’s eyes widened a little at her honesty. “What? You can’t really blame me for looking when your stood there dripping wet, in a towel. You look, I think fuckable would be an appropriate adjective here.”

“Andrea Jennings, our daughter is right there.” he teased.

Andie glanced behind her to look at Abi. “She’s sleeping.” She murmured taking a step closer to him so that she could reach up and slip her arms around his neck, kissing his lips before moving along his jaw line.

“Mmmm, as much as I’m going to regret saying this, we’re going to have to wait.” He said, a lack of conviction in his voice.

“But why?” she asked pulling her head back to look at him, a pout on her lips as her fingers played with the wet strands of hair at the back of his neck.

“Because I’ve gotta go get ready to go see Michelle, I don’t want to be late and have her use that against me.” he replied before kissing her.

“Okay.” she replied quietly.

“Although I’d much rather stay and take you upstairs” he told her kissing her lips once again. “But maybe later.”

She smiled as she pecked his lips again before removing her arms from his neck. “Go get dressed Haner, before you kill me.”

She couldn’t help the smile on her face as she watched him ascend the stairs. once he was out of sight, she turned back to check on Abi who was still sleeping in her stroller before heading out into the kitchen.

Brian had called her earlier that morning to tell her that he’d spoken to Michelle and she had agreed that he could have the children for the day and hopefully for the entire weekend. She knew Brian was as nervous as she was about the situation and that he wanted every to be perfect, so she decided that she would do all she could to make things perfect for them. She was planning on cooking them all a meal, had brought over her copy of Matilda that her and Connor had been planning to read before she left, as well as the ingredients to make cupcakes, something her and Connor had also done a lot of while she was living with the Brian and Michelle.

She pottered around the kitchen, singing quietly to herself as she got things ready to start baking.

“You’d have never made a career out of singing would you?” Andie jumped slightly as Brian’s arms slipped around her waist, his lips kissing her cheek.

“You’re such a charmer.” She teased in reply, turning in his arms.

“Charmed you over didn’t I?” he asked cockily with a smirk.

She smirked back at him, reaching up to kiss his lips, her tongue slipping briefly into his mouth.

“I hopefully won’t be too long.” He said pecking at her lips before removing himself from her embrace. He grabbed his keys off the table before and kissed Abi softly on her forehead before leaving the house.

~*~

It still felt odd to Brian to be stood on the doorstep he still owned and had lived in for a big part of his life instead of letting himself in, but it wasn’t his home anymore.

“Hey.” he greeted Michelle politely as she opened the door. Despite everything that was happening, it hurt him to see how bad she looked these days. Her hair was never as well groomed as what he was accustomed to it being in all the time he’d known her. He couldn’t remember the last time he saw her wearing make up, and the dark circles under her eyes made her look older than what she was.

“Dada!” Ella cheered as he stepped into the house, running towards him.

“Hey little princess.” He replied scooping her up into his tattooed arms and kissing her cheek. “Where’s Connor?”

“In his room.” Michelle answered bluntly.

“Daddy’ll be right back princess, I’m just gonna get your brother so we can go.” He explained to her setting her down before heading up the stairs to Connor’s room.

“Go away.” Connor answered sternly from the other side of the door.

Brian ignored his request and gently pushed open the door, taking a step inside.

“What’s wrong little dude?” Brian asked quietly.

“I said go away!” he yelled back angrily.

“Whoa! Not until you tell me what’s wrong. I thought you were going to come with me and Ella to the new house and see Andie and Abi?” he asked sitting down at the end of Connors bed.

“No I’m not!” he spat back, his arms crossed over his chest, a scowl set firm on his face.

“Why?” Brian asked confused.

“Cos I hate Andie, and I hate Abi and I hate you!” he spat back loudly.

Brian was dumbstruck by his son’s words, his heart breaking at the sound of venom in them.

“You hate us?” he asked finally.

“Yes!” he replied simply.

“Why?” Brian asked quietly.

“Because she took you away from us, you don’t love us anymore. You love Andie and Abi instead.” He told him not raising his head to look at Brian.

“Connor no, I love all of you.” Brian protested.

“You don’t love mommy.” He retorted.

“Not like I used to, no, but that doesn’t mean that I love you and Ella any less.” He tried to explain.

“But if you loved us you’d live here with us.” Connor replied adamantly.

“Buddy, I wish I could explain this so that you could understand. I love you and Ella just the same as what I always have, I just love Andie and Abi now too.” Brian said softly, inching himself closer to him.

“I still hate you! All of you!” he yelled as he clambered off the bed and ran out of the room.

“Connor wait!” Brian yelled after him, getting quickly off the bed and following him back down the stairs.

“Connor please.” Brian pleaded as he watched his son get comforted by Michelle.

“I think it’s best you leave Brian.” Michelle said coldly. “He’s obviously not ready to spend time with you and your new family.

“But he needs to know that I still love him,” he replied quietly, watching as Connor shook his head against Michelle’s chest

“Just go Brian, he’s upset enough as it is.” She replied. With regret, Brian nodded, turning to say a quick goodbye to Ella before leaving.

With his heart breaking, Brian got into his car and backed it out of the driveway, deciding not to go back home, instead finding him heading towards Johnny’s bar.

~*~*~

Andie glanced again at her watch, checking the time for the tenth time in as many minutes. She was beginning to get worried. She had been expecting Brian to have been back before now. She checked her cell phone once again; unsure of whether she should try calling him again. She’d tried calling about an hour ago with it ringing through to voicemail.

With a sigh, she decided to give him another call.

“What?” Brian’s slurred, voice snapped as he answered.

“Brian?” she asked a little taken back by the tone of his voice.

“Who else. What do you want?” he replied.

“Well, I was um, wondering where you are. I was kind of expecting you to be back with the kids by now.” she explained confused.

“Well, thanks to you the kids don’t want to come over. They hate you.” he replied.

“They hate me?” she asked quietly.

“Yep! You, Abi and even me! My own son hates me, can’t stand to be around me and it’s all because of you!” he replied angrily.

“Brian I…” she began, her voice shaking.

“You’ve fucked everything up!” he spat. “Connor’s right.”

“What? Brian no I –“ Andie stuttered, tears in her eyes.

“I fucking resent ever meeting you.” he said coldly before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it couldn't be all sweetness and light now could it?!
Thanks all for reading, subscribing and commenting on this story.

Promotion time...
Read This, This, This and These

Join this