Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 33

“Do you ever get the feeling of déjà vu?” Andie said as she sat in the hotel bridal suite with Gena doing her hair.

“Just a bit yeah.” Rhian giggled as she curled her own hair.

“Hopefully this time Brian won’t object.” Andie laughed.

“He won’t, he only did it the last time because he wanted you to have this wedding.” she replied.

“Exactly, he loves you like crazy.” Gena said placing the final bobby pin into her hair. “There you go sweetie.”

“Oh Hun, you look beautiful.” Rhian said glancing over as Gena placed the veil carefully on top.

“Thanks, I feel it.” she replied with a smile as she gazed at herself in the mirror.

“You ready to do this?” Rhian asked.

Andie nodded, standing carefully from the chair, gathering up the small train of the dress so she could walk without tripping over it. “Are the kids ready?”

“Of course they are. The three of them are sat on the bed watching cartoons while they wait.” Rhian replied.

“Okay, I’m going to find Zacky so we can get a good seat, I’ll see you in a few.” Gena said, kissing Andie briefly on the cheek before she left.

“Okay, go get the kids and we’ll head on down too.” Andie said watching as Rhian walked into the adjoining bedroom to get the children, chuckling as she heard a small protest from Ella.

“Ella you’ve got it on DVD at home anyway, come on, we’ve gotta go to the wedding.” Connor’s too grown up voice echoed from the other room. “You look very pretty.” He added as he looked over at Andie.

“Thanks sweetie, you look very handsome too, and your sisters look beautiful.” She replied as Abi walked over to her with a beaming smile.

“Careful picking her up in that dress.” Rhian warned as Andie bent down to pick up her daughter.

“She’s fine and it’s fine. Now, we’ve got a wedding to get to.” she replied taking a deep breath before walking over to the door.

“Dude, you’d think you’d be used to this by now.” Jimmy teased as he watched Brian pace back and forth in the small room next to the room where he would soon be marrying Andie.

“I can’t help it dude, I just want to be married to her.” he replied as he continued to pace.

“I know dude, so Goose or Walker?” he asked holding out two small flasks.

“Jimmy? Seriously?” he asked shaking his head.

“What, I like the Walker but Rhi prefers the Goose.” He replied as a defence.

“I’ll take the Goose.” He replied, holding his hand out for the flask. As Brian took a long drink of vodka, Jimmy took out his cell phone, opening the message that he’d just received.

“They’re on their way down, we need to go next door ready.” Jimmy said slipping his phone back into his pocket.

With a nod, Brian gulped back a little more alcohol and slid the flask into his breast pocket. He then followed Jimmy into the hotel’s wedding chapel. He gave a smile to all the family and friends that were seated ready for the ceremony, taking his place at the alter in front of the priest. He took several deep breaths as he listened to the music playing quietly.

As the music changed and he heard the click of the doors at the back of the chapel opening, he turned his head to face them, watching with a smile as he first saw Rhian making her way down the aisle, a quiet whistle escaping Jimmy’s lips beside him.

Following Rhian, Ella and Connor walked slowly as they held Abi’s hands. Behind them, looking beyond beautiful, his eyes met Andie’s as she walked slowly towards him, a radiant smile on her lips.

Rhian and the three children took their places at the edge of the alter as Andie slowly reached the front, her eyes fixated on Brian.

“You look amazing.” He whispered as he took hold of her left hand, reaching over to kiss her cheek.

The priest began the ceremony, Brian keeping a hold of Andie’s hand, his eyes barely leaving hers. a gentle laugh echoed through the congregation as the priest asked if there were any objections and Jimmy stepped forward and slid his hand over Brian’s mouth.

As the ceremony ended, and they were declared husband and wife, Brian stepped closer to Andie, his arms slipping around her waist as his lips lowered to hers, the kiss soft and laced in passion.

“I love you.” he whispered quietly.

“Love you too.” she replied with a smile as she gazed up into his eyes.

~*~

The guests quickly fell silent as Jimmy called for attention from where he was stood at the head table next to Brian, his glasses perched at the end of his nose, a glass of champagne in one hand, a fold of paper in the other.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, unfortunately, as there are young children present I have been forced to use the clean version of my speech. I’ve also been told that even though I was best man at his first wedding to Michelle, I’m not allowed to use the same speech with the names changed.” He began earning a laugh from the room. “As most of you are aware, I have know Brian for a long time, since we were kids. We’ve gone through a lot together, he’s my best friend and I love him. It was no secret that I didn’t like how he and Andie got together, but I’m not going to dwell on that, because it’s clear to anyone that he truly loves Andie and has never been happier than since they have been officially together, just as much as it’s been clear that she also loves him.

They are quiet simply perfect together and I wish them a life time of happiness together. so I would like everyone to join me in a toast to the happy couple.”

There was a loud cheer as the guests joined in the toast before Jimmy spoke again, turning to face Brian and Andie, “Just promise me one thing guys. What ever you do, never hire a nanny, a cleaner, a housekeeper or even a gardener.”

“I promise Jim.” Brian chuckled, standing up to hug his best friend as the titter of laughter echoed through the room again.

As they sat back down, Brian took hold of Andie’s hand, lacing his fingers with hers as he turned to kiss her. “Love you Mrs Haner.”

“Love you too.” she whispered in reply, a wide smile on her lips.

With the speeches and toasts over, the cake cut and the first dance danced, Andie sat with Abi on her lap, Brian by her side and some of their friends sat around the table with them.

“Reuben hasn’t taken his eyes off her yet.” Lacey said with a smile, drawing their attention to her son, who had been watching Abi as she ate some food.

“Aw, he’s in love.” Val commented with a giggle, earning a glare from Brian.

“Oh Jesus, if you’re going to be like this when they’re babies what the hell are you going to be like when she’s a teenager?” Andie asked with a roll of her eyes.

“A million times worse. No boy will ever be good enough for either of my daughters.” He replied, lifting Abi from his wife’s lap.

“Not even my son?” Johnny asked.

“Especially not your son.” Brian replied with a smirk.

“What about Connor?” Lacey asked, “Are you going to be as strict on him as you are the girls.”

“Of course not.” Val interrupted. “Matt will let Lennon get away with anything and I know full well that he’s been encouraging him to ask Fiona Middleton out and giving him tips.”

“Typical male.” Rhian muttered with a smile. “Do you want me to take her, change her and put her to bed?”

“No, I’ll do it, I wanna spend as much time as possible with her before I leave her for a whole two weeks in the morning.” Andie replied.

“Michelle should be here to pick up Connor and Ella soon, so I’ll come up once she’s been.” Brian told her as he kissed his daughter good night and handed her back to her mother.

“So you’re both deserting us on your wedding night!” Jimmy asked with a pout.

“Sorry Jim, we’ve got to put Abi to bed and we’ve got an early flight in the morning.” Brian explained.

“Which also means we’ve got an early start in the morning to have Abi.” Rhian said.

“And you better get used to them too, she’s awake for seven every morning these days.” Andie told them watching as Jimmy’s eyes widened.

“It doesn’t seem that long ago when seven in the morning meant it was bed time. What the fuck happened?” Jimmy said.

“You grew up sweetie, we all did.” Rhian replied taking hold of his hand as she kissed his cheek.

“Okay guys, I’m gonna head on up with this little one. I love all you guys and I’ll see you all when we get back from Venice.” Andie said as she stood up.

“Night Mrs Haner.” Rhian said as she also stood up to hug Andie. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

After a good night hug from each of her friends, Andie made her way up to the honeymoon suite. Once Abi was asleep she sat at the dressing table and removed her tiara, the bobby pins in her hair and her other jewellery before removing her wedding dress and heading into the bathroom for a shower.

After a while she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. Running another one through her hair, she stepped out into the bedroom, jumping as the opening bars of Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls began to play softly into the room. she looked up to find Brian stood at the foot of the bed, two champagne glasses in his hands. With a smile she threw the towel she was drying her hair with to the floor and walked over to him.

“I love this song.” Andie whispered taking a glass and taking a sip.

“Me too.” he replied pressing his lips to hers. “Dance with me?”

“Always.” She replied smiling as he took the glass back off her and placed them on the table before wrapping his arms around her waist and leading her into a gentle dance, kissing her lips again. As they danced, Brian sang along quietly with the song, gazing deeply into
Andie’s eyes as she got lost in his brown orbs. At that moment they were the only two people in the world; a nuclear bomb could have fallen around them and they wouldn’t have been aware.