Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 39

Michelle sat on the hard steel bed in the police jail cell, nervously biting what was left of her fingernails knowing that she had made the mother of all fuckups. This was it, her life, her career over. Even if she was let off the charges and was able to walk out of this police station a free woman she would never have her life back. Her career would be over and done with. The other partners at the law firm had already decided to push her out because she had been taking a lot of time off work the past couple of months and not being at the top of her game when she was there. If they found out about this she’d be fired altogether and no other law firm would take her on.

As for Connor and Ella, if she was sent down for this, well, if it was the other way around and Brian was banged up behind bars she as sure as Hell wouldn’t let them visit him in jail. If she was let off or when she finally let out she knew that no judge in the state would allow her custody of them and she’d be lucky to have supervised visits with them once a week, maybe every other.

Ironically it was in a place very similar to this where she had met Nick in the first place after he’d been arrested on drugs charges and daddy dearest had hired the biggest law firm in Huntington to defend him. He was the root of her problem.

There was still a part of her that thought that maybe if she had never met Nick she would have spent a little more time at home with Brian and the children and he wouldn’t have found comfort and indeed love in the arms of Andrea. Then in turn their marriage wouldn’t have collapsed and she wouldn’t be sat in a cell.

But she had met him, defended him in court and had his charges reduced to a suspended sentence, had an affair with him, and affair which she rekindled after finding out about Brian and Andrea. Things had been going fine until New Years Eve.

The jingle of keys pulled her from her thoughts and looking up she saw one of the officers stood outside her cell, glaring at her through the thick bars. “Time for your interview.”
She stood up and walked forward as the officer unlocked the cell, pulling back the bars to let her out.

She was led by the arm down the row of other cells, keeping her head low, not just because she was ashamed and embarrassed about where she was but because there were people in those cells and even behind the desks of the station that knew who she was; knew she was one of the best attorneys in the city, maybe even the state. Or at least she had been.

“In there, sit.” The officer said sternly as she pushed open the door of one of the interview rooms. Michelle entered the room and made her way around the table, taking a seat behind the large table in a seat she had sat in a few times with a client sat next to her.

“Not in that seat today Ms Dibenedetto, that’s for your lawyer, unless you’re defending yourself.” The officer said snidely as Michelle sat down in the second chair behind the desk.

They were quickly joined by two other officers, both of whom Michelle had had involvements with as a lawyer. They took their seats opposite her and introduced themselves for formalities and the other officer left the room shutting the door behind her.

“Okay Ms Dibenedetto we need to go over what happened earlier today.” The young male officer stated calmly. “How did your daughter manage to get hold of a bag of ecstasy?”

Michelle to a long inhale of breath, straightening herself in the chair. “They were in my bag; I’d left it on the coffee table after going out on the weekend.”

“So you’re admitting they’re yours?” the older female officer asked.

“Yes.”

“So they had nothing to do with Mr Nicolas Beasley then?” he asked not taking his eyes of her.

“Not really no.” she replied simply with a shake of her head.

“Not really?” the female officer prompted with a raised eyebrow.

“They were ours. We both paid for them and we both used them.” She explained quietly.

“So he never gave up the drugs?” the female officer asked and Michelle shook her head.

“I thought he had, I never saw him take any or show any signs of taking any until New Years. He did a few lines of coke that night. He offered me some too. I hadn’t done drugs since I was in my early twenties, back stage with Brian. The last year or so had been hard and I just wanted to forget about it, have a good time, and maybe even get that feeling of being young and carefree back again.

It worked, I had a great night. I started just doing a line on a Saturday night, when the kids were with Brian. But it didn’t stop there. I wanted more and Nick provided. Before I knew what was happening everything was spiralling out of control.”

“And now you’re sat here.” The female officer stated almost sympathetically.

~*~

“You are kidding me?” Rhian asked, her eyes almost bulging out of her sockets.

“I wish I was.” Andie replied from where she was sat next to the hospital bed as Rhian got ready to go home.

“What the fuck was she thinking?” Jimmy added.

“I really don’t know Jim, I really don’t get it.” Andie told him with a sigh and a shake of her head.

“So what’s happening now? Has she been arrested?” Rhian asked.

“Brian didn’t give her much of a choice, told her either she went to the police or he would, so she went and is down the police station now.” she explained.

“So I’m assuming the kids will come and live with you?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah, Bri has gone to get Connor from school and taking him to the house to pick up some stuff for the two of them. He’s not looking forward to explaining to him about his mom and Ella.” Andie said

“Those poor kids.” Rhian muttered quietly.

“I know, they’ve been through enough already, they really don’t need this too.” Andie added.

“And you don’t need to be worrying about me on top of it.” Rhian stated. “You should be…”

“Here with my best friend like I promised her. You’ve just had surgery and need help getting home, it’s going to take an hour at most so shush and get your ass moving towards that door.” she said sternly.

Rhian grumbled and rolled her eyes but did what Andie told her, taking support from Jimmy to make walking out to the car easier.

“So what’s going to happen with you two now, baby wise?” she asked as they pulled out of the parking lot.

“Well, they want us to have a few more tests done, see if the endo has damaged my ovaries and womb in any way…”

“And they want to see what kind of shape my boys are in too.” Jimmy said proudly with a beaming smile.

“But it may be a case of having IVF treatment to get us a baby.” Rhian concluded.

“Not necessarily babe, the doctor said there is still a chance that we can conceive naturally.” Jimmy said.

“You can? That’s brilliant news.” Andie smiled.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to get my hopes up, that way if it doesn’t happen naturally I’m not going to be too disappointed.” She replied with a half hearted smile. “So we’re going to have the tests done and give it six months, if still nothing’s happened we’re going to see about IVF treatment.”

“And then God help the world cos there’ll be mini Jimmy’s running around causing havoc.” Rhian joked.

“Why did you just use the plural?” Jimmy asked.

“Well, you know there’s twins in Rhi’s family yeah? And add that to the fact that there’s like over double the chance of multiple births with IVF, you’re gonna end up with quads.” Andie laughed as she saw the look on Jimmy’s face in the rear view mirror.

“I’ll but two of them on eBay if that happens.” He muttered as Rhian’s arm snaked around her seat and slapped his long legs.

“I’ll put you on eBay if you carry on.” She muttered as Andie pulled up into their drive way.

“Thanks for the drive home Hun, we appreciate it, especially what with everything that’s happened today.”

“Don’t worry about it Hun, just make sure that Jimmy takes care of you, and no baby making for a little while until you’ve recovered.” She replied with a smile.

“Oh don’t worry that’s the last thing on my mind.” Rhian said and Jimmy nodded in agreement beside her.

“I’ll call you tomorrow to see how you are.” She said with an agreement from Rhian. She then watched them enter the house before swinging the car back out of the driveway and heading back to the hospital to be with Ella.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thanks to all who read and commented and a special thanks to those who have recommended this story too :)

This story is finally coming to an end over the next two or three chapters and then I shall hopefully be concentrating on finishing "Scars" (if I can find the note book that I made all my notes for it)

Thanks again <3