Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 7

“Come on then baby girl, lets go see Auntie Rhian.” Andie said to Abigail as she opened the front door.

“Hey, good timing.” Rhian said as the door opened.

“Oh hey, we were just on our way to see you.” Andie said stepping back to allow Rhian to enter the house.

“Well don’t sound too pleased about me saving you the journey.” She replied as Andie took Abigail out of the stroller.

“Sorry I didn’t mean…” she began.

“You were just hoping that Brian would still be at Jimmy’s.” Rhian said with a smirk and a wiggle of her eyebrows as they walked back into the kitchen.

“No, not really!” she defended quickly.

“No? So you weren’t hoping to maybe kiss him some more?” she asked with a sly smile as she took two mugs out of the cupboard.

“You know about that?” Andie asked with wide eyes.

“Of course I do. He had this shit eating grin on his face at breakfast and told me why when I asked.” She replied cheerfully.

“How many times did you ask?” Andie asked raising an eyebrow.

“He caved after the third time.” She admitted with a smile. “So are you going to tell me what happened on your ‘it’s not a date’ last night?” she asked with air quotes.

“You mean Brian didn’t tell you?” she asked mockingly.

“Well, I’ve heard his side of the story, but I want to hear it from you too.” she replied.

“Okay, so basically, we went over to his new house, which is beautiful by the way, and he’s asked me to help him decorate it and stuff. We had some food and talked and stuff and then just as we’re about to leave he gives me the Christmas present I rejected.” She explained, pausing to pull out the necklace she was wearing.

“Oh my God Andie, that’s beautiful.” Rhian said leaning forward to get a better look at it.

“I know. So then he drove us home and walked me up to the door and said goodnight to Abi and then to me. And then I kissed him, it was kind of instinctual you know. Natural.” she said.

“Like you should be doing it for the rest of your life?” she said hopefully. Andie looked at her, biting her lower lip and nodded.

“Kinda yeah, I guess. I definitely want to kiss him again.” she replied with a small smile.

“Oh My God! This is brilliant.” Rhian cheered with a clap of her hands.

“Calm down. It was just one small kiss.” she replied.

“Oh come on! You’ve just said that you want to kiss him again!” she replied excitedly.

“I know! But I’m so confused right now. I didn’t want to rush into anything with him and then I go and kiss him last night and I’ve not stopped thinking about it or him since.” She replied.

“Oh Hun, think about it, you’ve been sleeping with him for a year now, kissing him now isn’t rushing into things. You’ve got a baby together for fucks sake!” she replied.

“I guess.” Andie muttered.

“Hun, you’ve got to stop punishing yourself for this whole situation. Brian knew what he was doing. He loves you and Abigail and I think that you love him too.” she replied.

Andie was silent for a long moment, her gaze lowering to Abigail in her arms. “Do I love him?” she whispered.

“Only you can answer that Hun.” Rhian replied honestly.

Andie sighed and nodded. “That is true. Anyway, Happy Birthday.”

“Oh Yeah! I almost forgot about that with all the excitement!” she replied.

“If you take this little one, I can get you your presents.” She said passing Abi into her arms.

“Presents?” she asked following Andie into the living room.

“Yeah. One from me and one from Abi.” She explained as she took out the two small packages out of the stroller.

“Hun, you don’t need to do that.” she said placing Abi in the bouncer.

“Yes I do. But you only get one card though.” She replied handing them to her.

Rhian opened the card followed by the two presents and thanked both Andie and Abi, turning to talk to Andie as she put the earrings from Abi into her ears.

“So, I’ve spoken to my mom and she’s more than willing to take care of Abi tonight.” She said with a smile.

“Why would she do that?” Andie asked confused.

“So that you can come out and celebrate my birthday with the rest of us!” she explained matter of factly. “Mom said that with Abi being so content she’ll happily look after her all night so you can have a good night off.”

“She really doesn’t have to do that.” Andie said.

“Yes she does. And she’s happy to. You deserve a night off and anyway I want my best friend with me to celebrate my birthday.” She replied.

“I guess you’re right. I haven’t had a proper night out since before I found out I was pregnant.” She replied with a smile.

“Awesome. Brian’s going to be there as well you know.” she said, Andie’s smile faltering for a brief moment.

“Right now, come on, we’ve got to go shopping for something to wear.” She replied getting Abi out of her bouncer.

“Rhi, I can’t,..” she began to protest.

“On Jimmy.” She replied with a wink and a tap to her pocket. “It’s his birthday treat and I’m sure he won’t mind me treating you to something small too.”

*******

“Thank you so much for doing this Hillary.” Andie told Rhian’s mom with a smile.

“It’s a pleasure honey, you deserve a night out.” she replied with a warm smile.

“Okay, right, so she’ll probably have her bottle within the next half hour and fall asleep while…”

“While taking it. Yes sweetie, you’ve told me already. Just go and have fun.” Hillary said with a smile.

“Yes, come on, mum knows what she’s doing you know.” Rhian said.

“Sorry, let me just kiss her good night.” Andie replied walking over to Hillary who had hold of her in her arms. “Good night princess. I love you.” she whispered before pressing a soft kiss on her small forehead.

“We’ll be fine. Just go.” Hillary whispered as Andie lingered next to her.

“Thank you again, call me if you need me.” she said as she backed her way towards the front door.

“We’ll see you in the morning.” Hillary replied as Rhian pulled her out of the front door.

“What took you so long?” Jimmy asked as the two girls got into his car.

“Sorry, it’s my fault. It took me a while to be able to leave Abi.” Andie admitted.

“Where’s Brian? I thought he was coming with you?” Rhian asked.

“Change of plans, he’s meeting us there, something to do with the house or something.” Jimmy replied. “You two look very beautiful by the way.”

“Thanks. It’s what you bought us this afternoon.” Rhian replied with a smile.

“Us?” Jimmy asked.

“Yep, I treated Andie as well!” she said proudly.

“You’re lucky I love you.” he said.

“I love you too baby.” She replied leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Jimmy soon pulled up into the parking lot of Johnny’s bar and the three of them made their way into the crowded bar.

“You go find the others, I’ll get us all a drink.” Andie said into Rhian’s ear before heading towards the bar. Since arriving back in Huntington, Andie hadn’t seen any of the other guys and girls and she wasn’t sure how they were going to react to seeing her again. Especially Val who had always seemed loyal to her sister. Then there was the thought of seeing Brian again, which brought butterflies in her stomach.

Feeling the nerves hit her; she ordered three drinks and five shots of tequila. She quickly knocked back three shots, the fourth in her hand as she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Hey you okay?” Brian said as she turned to face him.

“Oh hey, yeah I’m fine. Drink?” she replied, returning his smile.

“I’ll get these.” He said taking out his wallet, his eyes not leaving hers. “What’s with all the shots?”

“Oh um, they’re meant to help me with nerves.” She replied with a blush.

“What you nervous about?” he asked with a chuckle.

“Seeing the others, Val and you.” she replied blushing more.

“The others will be fine. Ignore Val. And why are you nervous about seeing me?” he replied.

“I don’t know really, it’s a different kind of nervous with you though. It’s a good kind of nervous.” She replied smiling at him.

“If it makes you feel any better I’ve been feeling the same about you all day.” He replied.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yeah. I even had a few shots before coming here to steady my nerves.” He replied.

“That actually makes me feel a bit better.” She replied.

“Good. Now, you look fucking amazing by the way. That necklace really suits you.” he replied, his eyes trailing over her body appreciatively.

“Thanks.” She replied blushing again.

“You ready to face the others?” he asked picking up the drinks. She took a deep breath, quickly downed the last two shots and nodded her head before following Brian over to the table where the others were sat.

Discomfort and awkwardness seemed to fall over the table as Brian and Andie sat down next to each other, everyone’s eyes falling on them.

“Maybe I should have knocked back a few more shots.” Andie muttered as she lifted her glass of Jack Daniels and coke to her lips.

“Ooh! Shots! Good idea Andie!” Zack said with a smile before getting up and heading over to the bar.

“Brian showed us a picture of Abi the other day, she’s beautiful.” Lacey said with a smile.

“Thanks.” Andie replied quietly, not knowing what else to say.

“Would it be okay if I come round sometime? I could do with some practice with young babies.” she replied with a beaming smile.

“Um, yeah of course, anytime. Hang on, are you?” she asked.

“Ten weeks” Johnny said proudly as Lacey nodded.

“Oh that’s fantastic news. Congratulations guys.” She replied.

“Why the fuck is she here?” Val’s voice cut off Lacey’s reply.

“Babe calm down.” Matt ordered.

“Calm down? Look at her all cosy with my sister’s husband.”

“Ex-husband.” Brian stated.

“I should fucking beat the bitch. She’s got a damn cheek to show up here.” Val continued, being held back by Matt.

“Val, she’s my fucking best friend, of course she’s going to be here.” Rhian told her. “So I suggest that either you calm down and leave her alone or you leave.”

“Hell if I’m leaving. I haven’t done anything wrong. Just don’t expect me to talk to the two faced bitch.” Val replied.

“That’s fine.” Rhian stated as she sat back down.

Feeling Val’s glare on her, Andie quickly reached for one of the shots on the tray that Zack had just placed on the table. She felt a hand on her knee and looked down to see Brian’s hand, gently giving it a reassuring squeeze. She glanced up at him, receiving a wink and a smile, which she returned.

Not once during the following couple of hours did Andie feel Val drop her glare. She desperately wanted to say something to her or glare back, even if only for a second, but she daren’t. at the end of the day, she was Michelle’s sister and she had wrecked Michelle’s marriage, broken up the family she had with Brian, and now here she was with Brian sat next to her, his hand still resting on her knee. If it had been the other way around Andie would have been doing the same.

“You okay?” Brian asked quietly as Andie shifted in her seat.

“Just need to use the rest room.” she replied with a small smile. Brian nodded and took his hand off her knee as she stood up, chancing a glance over to the bar where Val was stood getting with her back to her getting more drinks.

“I was hoping you’d finally had the sense to leave.” Val said as Andie stepped out of the stall. She was stood against the sinks with her arms folded across her chest.
Andie tried her best to ignore her as she washed and dried her hands.

“So you’re all lovey dovey with Brian now hey?” she asked venomously.

“No, not really.” Andie replied, her voice shaking.

“It won’t last. He doesn’t really love you. He’ll be back with Michelle before you know it.” She spat.

“That’s something I’ll just have to deal with then.” Andie replied as she stepped back out into the bar.

“They’d still be happy now if it wasn’t for you. You’ve wrecked everything. I’ve never seen Michelle so heartbroken and don’t even get me started on the kids. You’re nothing but a dirty home wrecking whore!” Val screamed at her.

Trying hard not to cry, Andie walked straight past the table where the group was sat and walked of the door. She tried to run, but her heels and the alcohol in her system restricted her speed. She could hear her name being called as she fell to the floor in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, who's running after her? Brian? Rhian? Maybe even Val?

Thanks as always to those of you who still comment on this :)

Rhian
Andie