Status: Slowly slowly active.

About a Girl

Remembering Sunday

“She’s been running through my dreams, and it’s driving me crazy, it seems.” – All Time Low

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I’m not sure how we got to this point, but at the moment, I could care less.

In the back of my mind I know something’s off, but-

She straddles my waist, only in her underwear, her bare thighs resting against the sides of my stomach.

She doesn’t say anything, only smiles in her way that’s addicting and-

I smile back, frozen for the moment, just looking at her as blood pumps quickly through my veins, and none of it going to my head.

In the next second, her mouth is attached to mine, her hand tangled in my hair and her other running down my abdomen, her fingernails skimming my hot skin pleasantly, while-

“Fuck!”

I jerk awake startled and short of breath, looking around the obviously empty room.

I wait for my breathing to slow down before getting out of bed to pull the shades up and let the sun in.

It’s relatively early, so I decide to take a very cold shower.

I get dressed and walk into the kitchen to find breakfast but instead-

She’s there.

She’s only wearing shorts and a t-shirt too big for her petite frame, like always, so it shouldn’t affect me like it does.

I shake myself out of it as I catch myself glancing at her legs.

I feel my face turning red in embarrassment.

William asked me to talk to her, not get in her pants, for Christ’s sake!

“Bill went for some groceries. There’s practically nothing here,” she informs me, turning around to see me in the doorway.

“Oh,” I say stupidly.

“You okay?” she asks, a half-frown on her face appearing in concern.

“What? Oh, yeah. I’m fine. Great,” I ramble. “Why?”

“You seem…distracted?” she supplies. I shrug and start to mumble something incoherent when my cellphone begins to ring.

“Hello?” I answer desperately.

“I’m here,” Mike replies.

“What?” I ask, confused for a few seconds before I realize I’d told Mike I’d go to look at new pedals for his guitar. “Oh. Yeah. Uh…I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Hurry up,” he complains. I roll my eyes before turning to Rae.

“I’m going to help Mike pick out some new guitar gear,” I offer, as to not leave the morning on an awkward note. “I’ll see you tonight at Butcher’s?”

“No, I’m going to hang out with Suzie tonight. Heard it’s a guys’ night anyway,” she replies. “But Seb and Jude will be there.”

“Oh. Alright. Bye, then,” I say, failing miserably at not being tongue-tied and awkward.

“Bye!” she calls as I walk out the door.

I pretend not to see the utterly confused expression she’d been studying me with.

“Something’s up,” he declares, as soon as I get in the car.

“What?”

“You’re acting weird. What’s going on?” he insists. “We’re not going anywhere until you tell me.”

“I had…a…a dream,” I stammer. “About Rae.” I check his expression for understanding.

“A dream?” He repeats, his eyebrows furrowing together in failure to recognize my meaning. “So what?”

“You know…a dream,” I repeat, mumbling as embarrassment colors my face pink.

“Oh,” he replies, thinking for a few seconds while a look of understanding suddenly crosses his face. “Oh! Gross!

I wince at his comprehension.

Then he bursts out laughing in that odd way of his, holding his sides while I patiently wait for him to collect himself and put the car in drive so we can forget this ever happened.

“So you’re attracted to Rae,” he states simply, once he gets the laughter out of his system and pulls out of his parking space.

“I’m n-” I start to deny it, but what’s the point of lying? “Okay, fine,” I admit. “I really like her. What do I do, Mike?” I groan. He opens his mouth to say something, and then stops himself.

“I don’t know, dude,” he says instead.

“Thanks for the advice, Mike,” I reply dryly. He takes no notice of my sarcasm.

“So…how was it?”

I groan.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“How’s Rae, Chizzy?” Sisky asks as soon as I walk into the room.

“What?” I ask, confused. He and Butcher lapse into a fit of laughter. “You told them?!” I demand in disbelief, horrified as Mike joins us in Butcher’s living room.

“You only said I couldn’t tell Bill,” Mike defends himself.

“Ew!” Butcher adds, unnecessarily loudly.

“I can’t believe you had a dream about Rae!” Sisky exclaims. “What was she wearing?” he adds, curiously.

I groan, rubbing my face helplessly.

“If any of you tell William, I’ll-”

“Tell me what?” Bill walks into the room with impeccable timing.

“Nothing,” I quickly interrupt, before Sisky or Butcher can say anything to embarrass me even further. “Everyone just…stop it,” I finish lamely. Mike, Sisky, and Butcher hold in laughs, but Bill doesn’t notice, he’s just confused by my strange behavior.

“Um…alright?” he lets it go and continues on. “Listen Michael, I want to thank you for spending all your time with Rae-” he’s interrupted by a snort of wheezing laughter from Mike and snickers from Butcher and Sisky.

“Ah…it’s no problem, Bill,” I say, ignoring them even though my face is heating up for the hundredth time today.

A few hours later, I’m still being tortured relentlessly by Sisky, Butcher, and Mike, only difference is Seb, Jude, Butcher’s brother, Tony, Jack, and countless others are here now to watch the game.

“Mike. Suzie or Rae?” Sisky asks evilly, while the four of us are alone in the kitchen.

“We all know who Mike’s done,” Butcher teases.

I can only hope to God they’re talking about Suzie as I go through the fridge for something to drink.

It’s almost impossible for me to picture Mike and Rae doing anything remotely intimate together.

Mike just rolls his eyes and shoves him.

“Sisky. Suzie or Rae?”

“Well, I mean, Rae’s really skinny, but there’s not much to brag about on top, you know? And Suzie-”

“Guys, just…lay off already,” I interrupt testily.

“Oh, come on. What do you think they’re talking about right now?” Butcher counters.

“You can’t fuck a personality, Chiz. Pick one,” Sisky slurs, already a beer or two over his limit.

I roll my eyes.

I know they’re only saying these things to make me uncomfortable, but…fuck, it’s working.

Too well.

Butcher and Sisky get bored with pestering me and go back to the living room.

“Mike I was wondering…” I begin hesitantly. He laughs.

“I haven’t slept with her, Chiz,” he clarifies. “Either of them.”

“I…” I try to pretend that that’s not what I was wondering, but I can’t think of any alternatives. “Oh.”

I can’t say I’m not relieved.

“You got it bad,” he announces, shaking his head at me and giving a chuckle before leaving me alone.

I guess if I’m trying to be more honest with myself…

She’s driving me insane and has no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you very much: glitter and gold & BloodLustxPassion.

Sorry [yet again] for the wait....to make a long excuse short, I was busy working overtime, had some boy drama, and started school again this week, which majorly sucked. : / comments to cheer me up?