Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 18: A Glass Of Water And A Few Therapy Jokes

Rayden's POV:

Griffin's words rung in my ear.

Stop pretending to care, Rayden

Pretending to care? I mean I know I had a past for being crappy to girls (Ok, so I'm a man-whore. Sue me.) But does that mean suddenly I have no emotions? Am I suddenly a rock because I never found a girl I liked?

I closed my eyes and thought back to the look on Griffin's face. He was pissed. And sad. And he probably felt alone.

My eyes shot open. Ok, this is so not me. Never again will I try to analyze someones feelings. I don't live in a soap opera and I hope to never become a therapist.

I left my room to get a glass of water, half hoping to see Griffin out there. Then we would give some gooey apology and go do something stupid.

But the main room was empty.

I got my glass of water and went back to my room. Griffin's face stayed in my mind. I wasn't surprised it took more then a glass of water and a few therapy jokes to make me forget my best friends pain.

It was suddenly obvious to me how much he liked her.

And I hated it.

I mean I'm a man whore with a capital M, but Griffin's not exactly a couples guy. Hes my right hand man at club and parties! He does only slightly less then I do.

And with Darcy's past, should she really have to go through heartbreak?

But is it really in my place to stop her?

I mean what if she tosses and turns all night because she can't get something he said out of her mind? She can't erase his face in her mind-a smile, a laugh, a phrase-of Griffin from that day.

Just like I can't.

Because we both care about him.

I remembered that first girl who Fin was totally into. They hit it off, and dated for like, a long time. She left unexpectedly with her family.

Except she didn't leave. Turns out she lied because she was worried she would get caught cheating.

Man, was Griffin messed up after that.

But will Darcy care about him? And will he care about Darcy? And once again, I unfortunately came to the same conclusion:

I am, of this moment, neither side's friend. I have no business in this what-so-ever, and I can't interfere because I don't like cleaning up tears.

So I sighed, stood up and knocked on Griffin's door.

"Who is it." It didn't even sound like a question.

"It's me, Fin. I think we should talk." The door opened, to reveal Griffin. Taylor let himself out, and I didn't see where he went. I walked inside.

"You care about her." I'll admit, I was blunt.

"Is that a question?" I sat on his bed.

"No. I'm telling you, you care about her." He paused and sighed.

"Is it obvious?" I smirked a little, glad we were at least talking.

"Not to her, maybe. Maybe not even Taylor. But I know you, Fin, and I've known you for a while. And I've never seen you like this." Except for that one time with the out of town chick, but I decided to leave that out for the better.

"Yeah, but dude, what if she doesn't like me?" Seriously? Are we in middle school?

"What if she does like you?" I raised an eyebrow. He nodded his head a little.

"So, what are you saying? Should I ask her out?" I nodded, and he grinned. We hugged. "Thanks man. I'm sorry I blew up at you before." We pulled away.

"No problem, man. Everyone get's that time of the month." I said, and walked out smiling. From behind me, I heard him say,

"Least I still got you, Rayden."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, let me clarify.

Rayden is NOT gay. I'm no gay hater, seriously. But that would kinda ruin my story a little (or make it amazing, depending on your perspective). He cares about Griffin because their best friends. Just wanted to clarify.

Ok, so I did two chapters in one night. I'm bored and tired and bored and-

Change of subject time!

COMMENT

I really don't know how I'm doing . . . .

Do you like Griffin and Darcy?
What about Rayden's self-therapy session?
Anything else, too lazy to think . . . .

<3