Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 20: Get over Ben with Jerry

"Darthy!" Jacob, Kristy's son yelled as he came running towards me, arms opened.

"Hey Jake." I said, picking him up. Kristy walked in behind me, putting the car keys on the table.

"Where have you been?" He asked. I used to visit more often. I started walking deeper into the apartment.

"I've been really busy, Jakey. But I promise to come more often. " I said. The little boy held out his pinky for me.

"Promithe?" He asked. I put my finger in his and gave him a serious look.

"Promise." I set him down and he ran off, and I went into the guest room of the apartment.

Kristina's apartment is big. She bought it back when she was engaged to Ben, because they both knew she was expecting and it had enough rooms for twelve kids.

I set down my bag in the room I always stayed the night in, and I unpacked some of my clothes into the dresser there. In the other room, I could hear Kristy persuading Jacob to take a bath.

Pictures of Ben were still all over the house. I wondered when-or if-Kristy would be ready to date again. She had a hard time getting over Ben's death.

It probably didn't help that he died right after Jacob was born. Like literally, they were in the same hospital room.

Ben was loaded. I mean the guy was born into money. He met Kristina at a bachelor party at Fuego. The started dating and were engaged within a year.

Ben promised her she wouldn't have to work as a stripper anymore. She was going to go to college, and get a good career. She had graduated high school at the top of her class, but she just couldn't afford to continue her education then. She was planning to have the baby and get into college.

And two days before her due date, Ben went out. He apparently walked through an alley, or something. Because that's where they found him. Stabbed. Three times.

I got Kristina's call in the middle of the night-she was in the hospital, in labor, and Ben was no where to be found. I got there as soon as I could. I was there when they wheeled him in, unaware his fiance was in the same hallway.

He was still alive, but Kristina was totally in labor now. He was there to hold her hand, and he even got to hold Jake once. The whole thing was really dramatic. His last words were I love you.

"Darcy, I'm gonna put Jake to bed, okay?" I snapped out of my day dream to see Kristina in the doorway. I nodded. She left and I walked into the living room. She joined me a few minutes later.

"Hey." She said, and sat down next to me. I smiled and looked at her, where she was staring at a picture of Ben. So we were thinking the same thing.

"Do you miss him?" I asked. She nodded, and I could see tears in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm really glad your here." She said, and I picked up my arm so she could stand up. She walked into the other room, and I stayed there, confused.

"Catch." She said, and I turned around and caught a metal spoon that almost hit my nose.

"What's this?"

She sat back on the couch, clutching two Ben and Jerrys ice cream cartons.

"I try to get over Ben with Jerry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kristina:

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/070907_mcadams_400X400.jpg

I know she has a really dramatic past. But with all the emphasis on how Darcy doesn't strip for fun, I couldn't make her best friend strip for fun.

Yes, I know that was stupid. No, I did not name him Ben just so I could do that.

Anyway, I have the weirdest feeling this chapter won't be loved.

Deal with it

<3