Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 37: Princess

"Rayden, we look like idiots." I whispered in Rayden's ear as the motorcycle came to a stop. He got off first, ignoring my comment and dramatically holding out one hand for me. I took it, and stepped from the motorcycle carefully, looking at my shoes the entire time.

Rayden had managed to find a pair of black dress shoes for himself, but the only pairs of shoes that were anywhere close to the color of the dress were no where near my size. Finally, Rayden had convinced me to wear a pair of hot pink heels, which I think ruined any chance this dress had of looking classy. But Rayden ignored me, paying for everything and not letting me see the bill.

"Where are we going that we need to get this dressed up anyway?" I asked, as he led me down the sidewalk, hooking his arm with mine.

"Can't you wait another few minutes?"

"Nope." I said, popping the P. He rolled his eyes, and we continued walking.

At last, it came into sight.

"A Carnival? We got dressed up so you could take me to a carnival?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Rayden shrugged.

"Hey, I told you I was gonna teach you fun. Plus, I didn't plan on getting dressed up. It's your fault for falling into the lake."

"Falling in? If I remember correctly you pushed me."

"Hmm." He said, playfully pretending to think about it. "Nope. You must remember wrong. You fell."

"Oh? And why were you wet again?"

"Well I had to jump in to save you."

"Was I drowning?" We had reached the entrance to the carnival, and Rayden reached into his pocket and handed the lady at the table a bill. She handed us back some tickets, and we continued inside.

"Yes."

"Exactly how deep was this lake to your memory?" I asked, playing along.

"Pretty deep. Maybe they're were sharks."

"Sharks? It's a good thing you saved me in time." I commented, aware I had no chance of convincing him otherwise. He nodded in agreement, but I didn't notice. I was too busy counting how many people turned to look at us.

"Everyone's staring at us!" I whispered, as we passed groups of teenagers getting off rides, and families playing carnival games.

"I can't help it if I'm with the prettiest girl at the carnival." Rayden said, leading me around a corner. "Now come on, this rides the best."

~~~

We stumbled off the last ride, laughing like maniacs. By now we had covered every ride in the park.

"Now what? I think we're out of rides." I said, walking away from the crowd.

"There's one more."

"Which one?" I asked, turning my head a little. As far as I could see, we had covered every ride in this place.

"Well there is the ferris wheel." Rayden said. I twisted around to see the huge ferris wheel behind us. Couples were getting on, holding hands and kissing.

"The Ferris wheel?" I asked, making a face. Rayden shrugged.

"Or we could go back. It is getting late you know, maybe we should go to sleep-"

"Fine." I said. "Let's go on the stupid ride." He smiled, and took my hand, leading me in the direction of the Ferris wheel. I was suddenly aware of a tugging on the bottom of my dress, and I let go of Rayden's arm to look down.

At my feet was a little girl, about the age of six. She stood in front of me, holding a balloon in one hand. I knelt down to get closer to her.

"Are you a princess?" She asked. I scrunched my face in confusion, before remembering what I was wearing. I saw Rayden next to me, grinning in amusement.

"No she's not." He answered for me. "But she is a very pretty girl." The little girl nodded, and suddenly a woman came running up behind her.

"Sweetie, I told you not to leave my side! You scared me!" She hugged the little girl, then turned to us. "Thank you so much for finding her." She said, and I opened my mouth to answer her, but she was already turned back to the girl.

"Come on." Rayden said, and lead me back on our course.

~~~

"Your kinda quiet."

We were seated at the bottom of the Ferris wheel, waiting for it to start.

"That girl reminded me what I was wearing." Rayden rolled his eyes.

"Is it really that bad?" He asked, reclining in the seat. I shrugged, and the silence took over.

"What am I gonna do about Griffin?" I asked, after five minutes. The ride was still not moving.

"What do you mean?"

"He told me he loved me." Rayden shrugged.

"Do you love him?" I paused, thinking for a few minutes.

"Is it bad to say no?" I asked, turning to him. He shook his head.

"You shouldn't say it unless you mean it." I smiled suddenly, remembering how Rayden used to be such a player.

"Look at you, all deep." He smiled, but didn't say anything. The silence took began again.

"I cheated on him." I said suddenly. I hadn't meant to say it aloud. Rayden turned to me, confused. "I kissed you. As much as we can pretend it didn't happen . . ."

"I kissed you." Rayden said, correcting me. "And if you choose to tell Griffin, that's what he'll be hearing." I laid back in my seat as the ride started moving (finally). We were silent for a minute. This is really getting awkward.

"And when Griffin gets back?" Rayden looked at me confused again, so I continued. "Will we just go back to hating each other?"

"I didn't know we hated each other. I just thought we didn't get along."

"You know what I mean."

"It doesn't matter, it was all fake anyway. It depends, I guess. I mean, if Griffin finds out I kissed you, he'll hate me, so-"

"I won't tell him. Not that, at least. You shouldn't take all the blame."

"But it was my fault."

"I didn't exactly run away screaming." I reminded him, laying back in the seat and looking out from the sides. Rayden sat frozen next to me, looking uncomfortable. I turned to him. "What?"

"Nothing."

"Something." I said, taking notice of his awkward position. "What is it?"

"It's just . . ."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sort of . . "

"What is it!" I was getting impatient now.

"Afraid of heights."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hah! You thought he would admit his love didn't you! I fooled you!!!!

That was the shoe vote thing. the pink shoes won, as you read, so thanks if you voted. For those of you who don't remember, here are the shoes:

http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/img/catwalk/CrazyShoesAW0910/CrazyShoes_AW0910_02.jpg

Polyvore stuff on this chapter:

http://www.polyvore.com/thrift_store/set?id=21337827

http://www.polyvore.com/oh_god_kissed_him_am/set?id=20455291

Sooooo sorry about the wait! A bunch of stuff happened. It shouldn't be like that again.

And another thanks to Starbella, for being the only one to send title suggestions. I hope to FINALLY make up my mind, and publish the story as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading, please comment?

<3