Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 38: The fun I needed

The ride continued with our silence. It seemed to last forever, and we eventually neared the top. I turned to Rayden.

"So why are you on this anyway?" He was sitting awkwardly in the seat, his hands stiff and his body leaning into the middle of the seat.

"Whaddu mean?"

"Fear of heights? This thing is huge, and I didn't exactly beg you to come on with me." Rayden shrugged, and I noticed his eyes quickly darted to the open air around us, and then back to me.

"I don't know, I haven't been on one of these in forever. I guess it just thought it had passed. . . " But he trailed off awkwardly, and I felt like there was more.

"Or. . .?" I offered, and he started up again.

"Or I thought I would be distracted. It didn't look so high up, and I doubt you come to carnivals often. You need the full experience."

I smiled and leaned back in my seat. Maybe I had Rayden figured out wrong. But maybe he's fooling me now, I reminded myself. He did spend the first two months of my stay here reminding me I was a whore. Not that I needed it, I was working overtime and totally stressed. But whenever we spend time together-although rarely, and sometimes by force-I always seem to have fun. Which, looking back on the last years of my life-starting when dad became addicted-there hasn't been much of. Maybe this is what Kristina meant when she said I needed more fun in my life. Maybe Rayden is exactly the fun I need.

"Well you win." I announced, and Rayden turned to look at me. I smiled a little noticing he had been staring off the edge. We were nearing the top.

"Win what?"

"I think your day of fun was more fun then mine. You win." Rayden grinned then, which made me smile a little. And . . .blush?

"Awesome, but its not like we didn't see this coming. Although watching you dance was pretty entertaining. . ."

"Shut up!" I said, playfully hitting his shoulder.

"So what's my prize?" He asked.

Just then the ferris wheel lurched, and Rayden grabbed my hand. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. Wasn't I supposed to be grabbing his hand?

We had come to a stop, and I peeked over the seat to confirm my suspicion. Yes, we had stopped at the very top of the ferris wheel. Very cliche.

I turned around to say something to Rayden, but froze once I saw how close we were. His eyes-They were green-were staring into mine, and I suddenly forgot what I was about to say. He sat there frozen, as if waiting for me. I knew I shouldn't move in. I had Griffin. But all those nights in designer dresses sipping champagne never felt like this.

Our lips collided, slightly desperate but not quite. There was a spark there that encouraged me to keep going, and we only stopped for a gasp of air.

"I like this prize." Rayden mumbled in between kisses.

"Stopped at the top of the ferris wheel. How cliche." I said, leaning in to kiss him again.

I'm not sure how much time passed before he answered. It sounds stupid, but when I was kissing Rayden, time seemed frozen.

"Alright, I admit it." He said, grinning. "I tipped the guy a twenty."
♠ ♠ ♠
School hasn't even started yet and I already have homework. I kinda hate being smart. When school starts up again, I should be much more scheduled with updating. Sorry about the wait.

For anyone who reads Waking Up After Rain, I am currently writing the next chapter. For anyone who doesn't, check it out?

What do you think of Darcy? Is she actually a whore now that she cheated on Griffin multiple times? Should she and Rayden be official? What about Griffin? Was getting stuck on the ferris wheel cute, or too cliche? Comment and tell =]

Polyvore stuff:

This has nothing to do with the story, its just something cute I made when I was bored. View?: http://www.polyvore.com/we_can_stay_this_way/set?id=22172902

Alright I'll stop bugging you now. Next chapter will come as long as I get some comments =] Thanks

<3