Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 42: Boy Code

Taylor's POV:

Rayden carried the pizza and I forced Aaron to carry the rest of the food I had insisted on buying. Celebration food, I always say.

I could see it in Griffins eyes, something different that had always been there. He seemed tense and giddy, yet scared and cautious at the same time. And, considering we left him alone with his best friends girlfriend, i think i can guess why.

Id been avoiding the subject all through the pizzeria, worried about bringing it up in front of Aaron. But we were getting closer to school and I wanted to know what to expect from that room. Plus, we had all grown up together, even if Aaron just started as the tag-a-long little brother. Before he became cooler then Griffin, of course.

"So Fin." I started off, measuring his reaction and trying to find where to start. "How was break? Whaddu guys do?"

"Oh yahhknow. Same old. This schools really getting boring, we should go out and do something tomorrow." Change the topic, sure sure.

"Yeah we should. Lets see first, we should see if Griffins feeling up to it after the breakup."

Aaron looked surprised. "Darcy and Griffin are over?"

"What?"

"Well, I mean not now, but I'm sure its going on as we speak."

"Why would you say that?" Aaron asked, but Griffin was silent.

"I have a sense for these things."

Griffin started. "Taylor you say that about everything-"

"And in the end, those two girls were dating weren't they? I'm not about to be wrong now."

"Whatever man, lets just go see for ourselves." Aaron suggested, and I opened the door spontaneously, ready to see one of them crying on the couch and the other screaming.

But there they were, Darcy sitting on the couch hugging a pillow, gripping a mug and laughing, and Griffin behind at our little kitchenette, opening the fridge and stopping short on his sentence to look over his shoulder and see us enter.

"Hey guys." Darcy said, and took a sip of whatever was in her mug. Aaron, Rayden and I still stood in the doorway, looking for anything to prove my hunch. But nothing.

"Something wrong?" Darcy asked, looking around the dorm room to see what we could be gawking at. I quickly covered the awkward situation. Blame it on Aaron.

"Aaron thinks the room is slanted." I said, plopping myself on the couch and letting Rayden and Aaron shuffle over to the table and drop everything on it. Darcy made a comment about how the room was perfectly straight, and I sent her a look that roughly translated to 'What can I say, Aaron's insane'. They all busied behind me, getting plates and cups and all that silly stuff. I double checked Darcy. No apparent signs of . . .well anything. She was smiling. Was I really wrong? I pushed that out of my mind, I was confident that Rayden and Darcy were an item, or at least they would be in the next 24 hours. Something had gone on over winter break, and Darcy couldn't settle for Griffin now.

Griffin returned with pizza on plates and cups of soda, and soon they were being distributed to everyone on the couch. Griffin too, looked like nothing had happened. We ate and laughed, covering the large details of our trip and asking only small details of what happened here while we were gone. Their vague answers assured me I was right.

Darcy's POV:

"I have to go shower, I have work tomorrow." I announced, bringing my plate to the kitchen area and throwing out my plastic cup.

"What are your hours?"

"I'm leaving around one and I should be there pretty late. I promised I'd help set some stuff up. We have Christmas decorations to take down." I decided that sounded true, I'm sure diners had put up ornaments for the holidays."what are your plans tomorrow?" I asked, rinsing my plate with water and washing it off. The boys were silent for a while.

"Were meeting some friends out at night." I didn't ask who, I'm sure its some boarding school guy I didn't want to meet. I must have gotten the right room, because everyone else around here is pretty much an asshole.

"Alright. I guess we can do something the next day, and then classes are starting." Someone nodded and I left the room then, grabbing the clothes I would sleep in and heading into the bathroom. I took a long shower, smiling to myself as I thought of how well Griffin and I had separated. How long should I wait till I was official with Rayden? I decided we'd keep it under wraps for at least a few weeks. I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body and putting my hair up in a bun.

Plus I had to help set up the lights, makeup and costumes at the club. The girls and I would be dressed in tight, glowing clothes and glow in the dark makeup. It all had to be set up, and tomorrow was my turn. This night was a lot of work, but it was definitely better then cleaning feathers after our flamingo night.

I decided to leave my hair in a bun, considering it would spend tomorrow in a ponytail and then under a wig. I switched into my PJ's, which pretty much consisted of shorts and a tank top tonight. After quickly washing my face, I headed back to the main room, where Rayden, Taylor, Aaron and Griffin were huddled together.

"Uhh hey guys." When they heard me they turned around, a little flustered. "I'm going to bed. Big day tomorrow." They nodded and said goodnight, and I went to bed.

~~~

"Hey." My eyes opened to see Rayden walking in the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

"Hey." I answered, sitting myself up. I was laying on my bed with a light blanket wrapped around my legs. The green letters on the alarm clock said it was 1:24. "Did you guys just go to sleep now?"

Rayden pulled his shirt off, revealing his well chiseled chest. My breath caught in my throat. "No, Taylor and Aaron went to bed a while ago. Griffin and I stayed up to talk."

Well that worried me.

"What?" I blinked suddenly, and realized Rayden could see me in the mirror as I stared into his muscles and though deeply about what they talked about. I shook my head (I know, I am very talented with smooth recoveries) and pretended to be suddenly interested in straightening the blanket in my lap and lying back down. But Rayden didn't buy it, and I'm not surprised. Luckily I'm a better stripper then I am actor.

"What?" He asked again, coming to sit down next to me on the bed. I scooted over a little.

"Nothing."

"Something."

"Nothing."

"I bet I can guess."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Then don't blink. You think my abs are sexy." He grinned and I laughed then, breaking our serious faces. His eyes searched my face.

"Oh of course, that's it."

"You liar. You were trying figure out what Griffin and I were talking about."

I must have made some kind of facial confirmation, because Rayden's eyes showed me they had found what they were looking for. His lips smirked a little.

"He told me you two were over." I nodded. "And that it was a mutual decision." Another nod. "And this is where you fill in the rest."

I smiled again. "We both decided over winter break that we just weren't right anymore." Rayden raised one eyebrow.

"And that's all you said?"

"I stayed true to my word. I never even said your name." Rayden went from a sitting position to laying on the bed next to me.

"Which, for the record, I never asked for. I find it very nice when you say my name. But that's a little weird, don't you think, since Griffin gave me his blessing to date you?"

"You know, he said that to me too."

"How do you think he knows?"

"Well, I'm sure he can see it in your face." I told him, "You are very readable."

"Me?" Rayden faked surprise.

"Yeah. Either that or boy code."

"Boy code." Rayden said sarcastically. "It must have been boy code."

We both nodded sarcastically before leaning in to close the space between our lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I'm alive! Shocker, I know.

I owe you guys an apology =[ I should have updated sooner. Life happened.

I GOT A NEW STORY OUT.

Sadly, its neither of the ones that I was planning on getting out, instead it was another carry over from my Quizilla, but considering how this one did (remember Darcy and Rayden got carried over from Quizilla too) I hoped this one would thrive.

Also I still need that character name! Alicia, Camille, Vanessa or Caroline?

I would very much hyperventilate if I got ten comments.

Also, I made layouts. You can see one in my new story, and I'm adding one to my Stripper and Rain stories so keep an eye out ;]

Thanks guys.

New story link: http://stories.mibba.com/read/352257/Summers-Song/

Other story link: http://stories.mibba.com/read/271908/Waking-Up-After-Rain/

<3