Status: ...loading...

Dreams of War

sickness

Over the past few days, Tane, Cassie and I have become great friends. We always hung out together. We were becoming best friends quickly, and I feared the day I would have to tell them about my other powers. So far, they only knew about my built-in mutant radar.
I still have no clue how to get Cassie's power, but i already started working on how to get Tane's.

"So, Radar, what do you want to do?" Cassie asked, plopping down on my bed. Tane was sick today, so he couldn't come to school and therefor couldn't come to our weekly rendez-vous at my house. We had given each-other nicknames in function to our powers. Or... the ones we know.

"I don't know, Illusion. I was thinking we could go see Spark, maybe bring him a bowl of soup" I said, plugging my mp3 on my speakers and putting music on. It wasn't me ~ Shaggy came on, and I started bobbing my head slightly to the beat. It wasn't too strong, but it wasn't too slow either. A nice beat.

Illusion nodded, and I put the volume up so that it was blasting through the small apartment before we headed to the kitchen.

"Hello there Cassandra, it's nice to see you. What are you girls up to now?" Maggie asked, mixing cookie batter in a big plastic bowl.

"Hi Mrs Coleman! Spa- Tane is sick today, so me and Phoebe are bringing him some chicken soup!!" said Illusion, sitting on the counter-top.
She nodded, and returned to her cookie-making while I danced around the kitchen, to my still-playing song and made chicken soup.
I then poured it in a thermos, which I heated a bit with the tips of my fingers.

[time lapse]

We walked into Spark's room, hoping he wouldn't be sleeping which would mean we'd have to leave.

"Radar? Illusion?" he asked, sounding weak.

I gasped when I saw his still figure in the bed and rushed over to him.
I placed the soup on his bed-side table, and placed a hand on his cheek.

"Tane, are you alright? How are you feeling?" I moved my hand over to feel his forehead, and gasped at the intense heat. Then again, it might have been just me.

"mom found out. She stuck a needle in me, claiming that it was the 'cure'" he croaked out, scoffing at the ridiculousness. He groaned at the pain it must have caused.

"What does it do?" I rushed. I needed to know, but I wasn't quite sure I wanted to know the answer.

"It kills the mutant gene" I heard Cass mumble from behind me, and I knew she was wide-eyed in shock.
Shit, that meant I would need his power to save him. This couldn't be good. It meant I needed to tell them about my other power(s).

"Uhm, guys... I guess it's time to fess up... I have an other power..." I took a deep breath and continued when Cassandra nodded.

"I can copy other mutant powers through saliva and blood" I said all in one breath.
My two friends were staring at me wide-eyed

"and the only way I can think of saving Spark is... exactly that." I continued. I waited for a reaction, but when I failed to get one, I decided to clarify my actions to come.

"Tane, can I kiss you, copy your powers, then zap the 'cure' out of you?" I asked.
He nodded, obviously not trusting his voice at the moment.

I leaned forward, and pressed my lips to his feverish ones, placing a hand on his neck and a knee on the bed beside him so that I wouldn't fall on him.
It took him a moment, but he kissed me back, and I did like Phoenix had done for me to get his power. I slipped my tongue in his mouth, making him stiffen up for a moment, but he soon gave in and kissed back.
I felt that familiar tingly sensation, and tried to back away from the kiss, but Tane's hand was at my neck, pulling me back.
Then I started enjoying the kiss, pressing my face into his and running my fingers through his short black hair.
He was running his hand down my back, and he pulled me by my belt loop on top of him, so I was straddling him.
We heard someone clearing their throats behind us, so I practically jumped off of him. And fell on the floor, on my ass.

"Uh... OK... Now for the healing part," I rubbed my hands together, and felt the electricity building up in me and into my hands.

I walked up to the bed, and straddled Tane again, putting my hands in front of me.

"This might hurt a tad" I mumbled, before grabbing both his arms, and letting the lightning rush through his veins, zapping the cure while reviving his power.
He moaned, though in pain or pleasure I didn't know, and I saw the light go back in his grey eyes, so I let go.

"Are you feeling better, Spark?" I asked, slightly out of breath as I wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead from the effort. I was out of breath from both the kiss/make-out and the major zap.

Tane grinned, and sat up from under me, engulfing me in a bear hug and pressing his lips to mine.
Cassi cleared her throat again, so we had to separate, but he kept me in his arms.

"Thank you so much Phoebe! I thought I was going to die! And I think you're going to need a new nickname. Somehow, I don't think Radar suits you that well anymore..." he laughed, and zapped him lamp, making it go out.

"Spark, I know you're happy you get to keep your powers, but what's with the whole continually kissing Phoebe thing? It's getting rather awkward for me..." she mumbled the last part, but both me and Tane heard it.

"Sorry Cass, I just... I don't know. There's a spark to her touch, I think I'm addicted..." he said, looking confused.
As if to prove his point, he laid a hand on my hip and leaned a bit closer to me.

"So, Phoebe, what are your other powers?" Cassandra asked, sitting on the bed with me and Tane.
I grinned.

"Well, I can heal really quickly, look at this!" I pulled my pocket knife out, and slit my wrist in front of my two friends, letting it heal before their amazed eyes.

"Anything else?" Tane asked, excitement in his voice. I nodded, and figured I should show them this one before saying anything else.

I reached my arm out, and placed my hand in a sideways fist, before flicking open my thumb and lighting it up, as though it were a lighter.

"Cool," came illusion and spark's amazed voices.

I chuckled, and ran an electric current through the flame, turning it green and blue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know I'll get my facts mixed up soon, it's a fact, but still. I think Victor makes an awesome villain, don't you? Anywho, Wolverine will be showing up soon enough. COMMENT!