Holding On

The Beginning

When running away from an abusive and rapist father at age of 11 in a large city, your heart will be racing, your legs will guide you while your brain is shut off, and before you know it... You're lost. And being so small in this large city; you’ll never know what will happen, especially when the moon is out.

A small girl ran down the streets of Gotham City to find herself in an alley. She was tired, cold, and frightened. She sat down for a bit holding her legs tight to her chest and laid her head next to an old beaten cardboard box that said: THIS SIDE UP, the arrow pointed down. She slowly started to drift into slumber, finding the sound of cars and police/ambulance sirens comforting. At that moment, two men in their late 20’s, that just came from the bar, both drunk, walked by and noticed the girl. Stumbling towards her, laughing and whistling she woke up and scooted away from them.

“Aw, where you going baby?” one of them says,

“Oh man, I don’t think she likes that.” The other laughs as she stood up and walked away from them, whimpering.

“Come back! We won’t hurt you…much.” The first one laughs as they came jogging towards her.

As she started to run, but then the second guy grabbed her by her arms as she bursts into tears.

“Shh, stop whining and be a woman.” The first guy says undoing his belt as the one gripping her starts tugging on her jeans.

She screams and he spins her around and slaps her across the face and throwing her to the ground. They laughed and kicked her. The first guy unzips his pants and picks up the girl by the hair, she screams ‘Help’ making the guy punch her again and throw her against the brick wall.

“Shut the fuck up, you brat!!!” he yells.

“Hey!” Someone yells from behind them.

“What the fuck do you want, pretty boy?” asks the second guy.

“Get outta here; this ain’t chur business!” the first one kick the girl again.

“Yeah! Get back home to your mommy—it’s past your bedtime!” they laughed...

The girl whimpers in pain through her whole bruised body from her father and new ones forming from these two drunks. The boy didn’t leave like they told him too. Instead he turns the second guy with dark hair and punches him in the face making him fall and grabbed a hold of the first guy who had blonde hair and yanked him from the girl and threw him at the dark haired one. The boy kicks both of them,as they grunted, holding their guts as they watched the boy pull out a switchblade; making it shine by the street light. The 2 drunks stumbled to get up then ran away from the alley. The boy puts away his knife and turns to the girl that was slowly getting up.

“Hey.” Says the boy, “Are you alright?”

The girl looks over her shoulder, with her bloody dark hair covering her face and looked up at the boy. She could see he had blonde wavy hair and tanned skin. The boy got on his knee and brushed her hair away to meet her grey eyes with his brown ones. The boy was very handsome, and made the girl embarrassed but she couldn’t look away from his beautiful eyes. The boy looked over her, angry on those two men and whoever seemed to hurt her before when he notice the yellow bruises and black bruises. He takes his hand to brush across them but she backs away before he could. He held up his hands and spoke softly to her.

“I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.”

She says nothing but never took her gazed away from him.

“My name is Jack…What’s yours?” he asks, placing a hand on his chest.

“Anna.” She whispers faintly that he almost couldn’t hear her.

He smiles, “Anna…That’s a pretty name.”

The girl, Anna, slowly sits up straight wincing in pain as she does so.

“How old are you, Anna?”

“11.”

“Geez, you’re young…Anna, what happened to you?”

Anna says nothing, only shaking her head not wanting to tell him...

“Okay…” he nods, “Do you want to come home with me, eat, and get cleaned up? You look a bit beat up.” He asks, as she nods.

He smiles widely and helps her up, taking off his jacket and giving it to her when he saw her shiver. He kept her to his side as they walked down the streets. They ended up near the end of the city and into an old house. Inside it looked vacant, but, there was a small couch and coffee table, a small kitchen with a small fold up table with two plastic white chairs. Jack leads her down a hall and into a small bedroom with only a mattress, pillow, and cover. He lays her down and tucks her in.

“You’ll be safe here.” He whispers. “Get some sleep, alright?”

Anna nods her head smiling up at him and whispers a thank you before closing her eyes. Jack smiles, then walks out of the room closing the squeaky door softly as he could, and went to his room that was across from hers.

This may seem like a happy ending for Anna... But this is only the beginning...
♠ ♠ ♠
I made up so many Joker stories, and I really want to do this one. :]

Little Anna

Jack